By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - Thoughts?

thetonestarr said:
thetonestarr said:

That's for the basic kit. I think what he means is the price to get a second kart as well (or third, fourth - IF it supports that many. Pretty sure only 2 players - particularly based on that presentation - but IIRC they haven't made that officially clear yet...).

Did some quick research and got the answers.

https://mklive.nintendo.com/

It's one player per Switch. Period. That said, it can be up to four players - but that requires networking Switches together and for each player to own their own complete setup - effectively, each player has to have bought the full kit.

So, in my case, with my wife and two kids, I would have to spend $400 to get a 'full' setup.

^This. And a thousand other obvious reasons.

Around the Network

While I bought it as a present for my brother, I am actually kinda looking forward to trying it myself at some point, it seems like it could be legitimately fun. Both Mario Kart and RC Cars are enjoyable on their own; could go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a feeling he may end up buying me one for my birthday in January just so I can race with him haha. He's already talked two of his friends into getting it so he can race them.

curl-6 said:

While I bought it as a present for my brother, I am actually kinda looking forward to trying it myself at some point, it seems like it could be legitimately fun. Both Mario Kart and RC Cars are enjoyable on their own; could go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a feeling he may end up buying me one for my birthday in January just so I can race with him haha. He's already talked two of his friends into getting it so he can race them.

The factor that you talk others into getting it, to have competition to race is probably a strong factor in sales. People shouldn't turn it down too fast as a possible factor in holiday sales. It might be a surprise hit.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

The factor that you talk others into getting it, to have competition to race is probably a strong factor in sales. People shouldn't turn it down too fast as a possible factor in holiday sales. It might be a surprise hit.

My thoughts as well; Ring Fit was also dismissed as an overpriced gimmick yet it's gone on to become a sleeper hit. And Mario Kart as a brand is huge.

Apparently it supports 4 players:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/369447-mario-kart-live-home-circuit-supports-up-to-4-players

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Apparently it supports 4 players:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/369447-mario-kart-live-home-circuit-supports-up-to-4-players

That's great. Now I need to buy two more switches so me and my homies can play. 

Interview with the developers, with some interesting new tidbits:

And overview trailer: (Confirms Grand Prix mode)

I'm actually genuinely looking forward to this now, looks really cool.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 October 2020

curl-6 said:

I have a small homemaking for not much room for courses and I hate having physical items cluttering my home. But I am so feeling the urge to get this, because it looks like a good game. Creating your own courses is great and you seem to have so much options. I don't know what to do.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

I have a small homemaking for not much room for courses and I hate having physical items cluttering my home. But I am so feeling the urge to get this, because it looks like a good game. Creating your own courses is great and you seem to have so much options. I don't know what to do.

Is there an outdoor area near where you live you could use?

curl-6 said:
Mnementh said:

Is there an outdoor area near where you live you could use?

Hmm, maybe I can use something. Would also be a lot of fun to play at my workplace with colleagues.