By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit - Thoughts?

I'll get it just to put on display in my man cave. I don't care about reselling or keeping things in mint condition. In my 44 years on earth, I've never successfully resold a single toy, comic, or collectible. I've learned to just buy what I like and enjoy it. This falls into that category. Can't see myself playing with it but I like what I see

Maybe I'll use it to spy like that kid in the Purge movie.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network

Regarding the floorspace issue, for those in small apartments, shouldn't it be possible to also set up a race in a car park or some other paved public area or something?

At my block of flats for instance we have a concrete driveway and communal parking space that's only really used during the morning and evening. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Have any pre-orders gone up for these in north america?

thetonestarr said:
thetonestarr said:

That's for the basic kit. I think what he means is the price to get a second kart as well (or third, fourth - IF it supports that many. Pretty sure only 2 players - particularly based on that presentation - but IIRC they haven't made that officially clear yet...).

Did some quick research and got the answers.

https://mklive.nintendo.com/

It's one player per Switch. Period. That said, it can be up to four players - but that requires networking Switches together and for each player to own their own complete setup - effectively, each player has to have bought the full kit.

So, in my case, with my wife and two kids, I would have to spend $400 to get a 'full' setup.

^This. And a thousand other obvious reasons.

While I bought it as a present for my brother, I am actually kinda looking forward to trying it myself at some point, it seems like it could be legitimately fun. Both Mario Kart and RC Cars are enjoyable on their own; could go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a feeling he may end up buying me one for my birthday in January just so I can race with him haha. He's already talked two of his friends into getting it so he can race them.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

While I bought it as a present for my brother, I am actually kinda looking forward to trying it myself at some point, it seems like it could be legitimately fun. Both Mario Kart and RC Cars are enjoyable on their own; could go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

I have a feeling he may end up buying me one for my birthday in January just so I can race with him haha. He's already talked two of his friends into getting it so he can race them.

The factor that you talk others into getting it, to have competition to race is probably a strong factor in sales. People shouldn't turn it down too fast as a possible factor in holiday sales. It might be a surprise hit.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

The factor that you talk others into getting it, to have competition to race is probably a strong factor in sales. People shouldn't turn it down too fast as a possible factor in holiday sales. It might be a surprise hit.

My thoughts as well; Ring Fit was also dismissed as an overpriced gimmick yet it's gone on to become a sleeper hit. And Mario Kart as a brand is huge.

Apparently it supports 4 players:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/369447-mario-kart-live-home-circuit-supports-up-to-4-players

curl-6 said:
Apparently it supports 4 players:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/369447-mario-kart-live-home-circuit-supports-up-to-4-players

That's great. Now I need to buy two more switches so me and my homies can play. 

Interview with the developers, with some interesting new tidbits:

And overview trailer: (Confirms Grand Prix mode)

I'm actually genuinely looking forward to this now, looks really cool.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 October 2020