By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New Monster Hunter for Nintendo Switch

MHW is one my fav. games this gen so I'll be very much looking forward to this, but the fact that they couldnt port their best MH game yet sets a bad precedent. Lets hope it turns out great.

Around the Network

Watch it be Monster Hunter Stories, (a port of the 3DS game or a sequel) a port of one of their iOS MH spinoffs, or a HD port of the PS2 original or some such shit, or if it is new, be watered down af with chibi graphics cos "Nintendo is for kids".

It's Crapcom, they will find a way to fuck it up.

If this is a genuine, proper new MH for Switch that's not intentionally gimped somehow, I'll eat my Joycons.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 September 2020

Apparently Switch is getting both, a new MH Switch and MH Stories game as well.

MH Switch IMO if its a new game has the potential to become Capcom's no.1 selling game in Japan ever, the record is current held by MH on PSP but I think that can be beaten.

If Switch gets a new MH game it could be the b3st selling MH game in Japan.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Unless Nintendo pays for the exclusivity, don’t see the appeal for Capcom to make it exclusive.

But we’ll see what happens!

Around the Network

Yeah, I doubt this. It would be a port of a 3DS game at best.

padib said:
curl-6 said:

Watch it be Monster Hunter Stories, (a port of the 3DS game or a sequel) a port of one of their iOS MH spinoffs, or a HD port of the PS2 original or some such shit, or if it is new, be watered down af with chibi graphics cos "Nintendo is for kids".

It's Crapcom, they will find a way to fuck it up.

If this is a genuine, proper new MH for Switch that's not intentionally gimped somehow, I'll eat my Joycons.

Didn't they make an exclusive, brand new monster hunter for 3DS?

Sometimes you're too pessimistic man!

They did indeed make multiple new MH games for 3DS, but that was a different time, ever since the Switch their support has really decreased. For some reason they just seem to have this weird, irrational aversion to the platform in spite of its success.

But hey, I'll be overjoyed if I'm wrong!

A new classical MonHun on Switch would be awesome. I loved Tri the most, mostly because besides the missions I had a mode in which I could hunt without time limit and goals. It would be nice, if a new MonHun brings that back. Swimming, diving and water monsters were also pretty cool in Tri.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
A new classical MonHun on Switch would be awesome. I loved Tri the most, mostly because besides the missions I had a mode in which I could hunt without time limit and goals. It would be nice, if a new MonHun brings that back. Swimming, diving and water monsters were also pretty cool in Tri.

Yeah, I loved the hell out of Tri, spent over 2000 hours on it, it's my most played game of all time.

I'd give almost anything for a proper Switch MH; no BS, just a normal, new MH game. I don't mind if it's World Lite or in the pre-World style, just so long as it's actually a new game and has no dumb art style or anything.

Soundwave said:
Apparently Switch is getting both, a new MH Switch and MH Stories game as well.

Out of curiosity, what insider(s) said this? Source?