By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New Monster Hunter for Nintendo Switch

There are plenty of rumors indicating a New Monster Hunter Game exclusive for Nintendo Switch:

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/30/monster-hunter-nintendo-switch/

I have read that Monster Hunter World has Deep changes compared to previous iterations. Do you know which one are those changes? Does It change typical Monster Hunter mecanics? Are good or bad changes?

Personally the last Game I played was Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, which I loved.

Looking forward for what Capcom os keeping on secret. A New Monster Hunter for Switch Pro release would be awesome. 

Around the Network

Capcom would be daft not to put out a Switch monster hunter game. Switch has total control over the Japanese Market and thanks to monster hunter World, Western popularity of the series has never been higher.

It's Capcom. It will be a port. Prob a bad one. DIgital only in the west. Cart in Japan but 80% of it is a download. Or worst case. Cloud only Switch game like RE7. Trusting Capcom to do well on Switch? lol have people learned nothing yet? The same company that wanted to sell DMC PS2 games individually for $20. All 3 of them. The physical of the RE collection is actually just 1 game. Every lazy port is still some test. Maybe Nintendo opened their checkbook to at the very least distribute it if not outright publish it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Please phrase your thread title more clearly next time. I didn't expect Monster Hunter to be announced today but ... well, for a minute there I lost my head

Supposedly the guy at the center of this rumor has a good reputation, so I'm intrigued to hear they're using the REEngine (but emphatically won't ever port the most recent RE games).

Around the Network

Shit I entered here thinking it was announced

I want a dislike button now

DavidValbu said:

There are plenty of rumors indicating a New Monster Hunter Game exclusive for Nintendo Switch:

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/30/monster-hunter-nintendo-switch/

I have read that Monster Hunter World has Deep changes compared to previous iterations. Do you know which one are those changes? Does It change typical Monster Hunter mecanics? Are good or bad changes?

Personally the last Game I played was Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, which I loved.

Looking forward for what Capcom os keeping on secret. A New Monster Hunter for Switch Pro release would be awesome. 

I've played the games since the first on the PS2 the changes are mainly as followed:

- QOL changes to UI for more streamline control and easier tracking of target monsters these in general were good.

- The maps are streamlined and not segmented which leads to mixed results for example the good is that it means the are no loading times during hunts and so on but the bad is when or should a monster flee it can become problematic chasing them down especially if they fly.

- The grappling hook mechanic from Lost Planet was added.

- The game is more story focused than others.

It would bring a lot of interesting sales discussions if this is real and not a crappy Monster Hunter. Sales in Japan will go crazy. Western Sales will be very interesting. On the 3DS the Monster Hunter games were small hits.

Personally I don't find this interesting game. Monster Hunter is fun the first go-around but sequels (Which are better) feel less special. I played 1,000 hours in Monster Hunter 3 but the sequels feel so samey that I can't even go past 50 hours.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

What if Capcom just ported stories from 3DS and to Switch and called it a day? lol Making the rumor only somehwat true.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

cool i was suppose to play world but never did so ill pick up the next monster hunter game wherever it is. This would probably reach 10 million worldwide if its a true monster hunter game