By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New Monster Hunter for Nintendo Switch

curl-6 said:
Slownenberg said:

If Switch is getting the next MH game, or it is exclusive, and it is an AAA game built for the Switch, then this could be a 10 million seller on Switch alone, and probably 5 million in Japan alone. If it is something else it's just gonna be another example of a third party dev not taking one of the hottest systems ever seriously and just settling for 1-2 million in sales on a lackluster effort.

Pretty much; a proper, full-blooded MH for Switch would be a megaton seller, especially given not only Switch's colossal success, especially in Japan, but World broadening the reach of the series in the West.

If they put the effort in, 10 million plus is absolutely achievable.

It just makes no business sense at all to half-arse it and just do a spin-off, port, or low effort entry, but you never know with Capcom, they seem to always look for a way to shortchange Switch owners.

I find it baffling that this hasn't happened already. This is the most slam-dunk, guaranteed money-making venture in all of Japanese-market gaming outside of Animal Crossing. We are three years in, and the only MH to show for on the only handheld on the market (and one of the hottest selling consoles of all time that is comfortably in its prime!) is a port of a port...

It's like EA pulled Capcom aside from the lunch table and whispered some bad things about Nintendo or something.

Around the Network

Hoping for monster hunter 5 but yeah if Sony paid to keep the franchise away from Nintendo consoles we will most likely get a spin-off

burninmylight said:
curl-6 said:

Pretty much; a proper, full-blooded MH for Switch would be a megaton seller, especially given not only Switch's colossal success, especially in Japan, but World broadening the reach of the series in the West.

If they put the effort in, 10 million plus is absolutely achievable.

It just makes no business sense at all to half-arse it and just do a spin-off, port, or low effort entry, but you never know with Capcom, they seem to always look for a way to shortchange Switch owners.

I find it baffling that this hasn't happened already. This is the most slam-dunk, guaranteed money-making venture in all of Japanese-market gaming outside of Animal Crossing. We are three years in, and the only MH to show for on the only handheld on the market (and one of the hottest selling consoles of all time that is comfortably in its prime!) is a port of a port...

It's like EA pulled Capcom aside from the lunch table and whispered some bad things about Nintendo or something.

Exactly, we should've had a new Monster Hunter for Switch already and the fact we haven't makes zero business or common sense.

They've been literally just leaving a potential 10 million plus seller on the table for years now, just because they have this bizarre aversion to supporting one of the fastest selling systems in history.

I honestly struggle to think of a bigger ignored opportunity in the gaming industry in recent years.

So a Shenmue Anime adaption was just announced. Things are looking pretty likely now for Monster Hunter on Switch.

animegaming said:
So a Shenmue Anime adaption was just announced. Things are looking pretty likely now for Monster Hunter on Switch.

I think I'm dumb

What is the correlation?

Around the Network

Agree with a few, Crapcom is the biggest factor here how successful the game will be and that is mainly to their tightarse of not wanting to use larger game carts.

Considering World have sold plenty more going out of Nintendo I doubt they would make a full on exclusive for Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

IcaroRibeiro said:
animegaming said:

I think I'm dumb

What is the correlation?

Same leaker I guess.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

IcaroRibeiro said:
animegaming said:

I think I'm dumb

What is the correlation?

This

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
IcaroRibeiro said:
animegaming said:

I think I'm dumb

What is the correlation?

Same person that said the Monster Hunter on Switch details said in the same series of tweets there would be a Shenmue announcement this week, but that it wouldn't be a new game.