By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New Monster Hunter for Nintendo Switch

We know something MH related is coming to NS as Capcom themselves have confirmed with investors the rumour itself is specifically saying it's a new entry on the RE Engine, Shenmue's anime being announced gives the claim more ground considering what was said in the tweet.

Around the Network

Exclusive MH5 + enough stock for the console + a new model could make the Switch re-peak next year in Japan

Seems the PS official channel on YT has added a private video to the PS5 playlist which could be the upcoming event Dusk said was coming in his tweet which would make it 2 things from his tweet that have come to be if that turns out to be the case.

But why would Capcom only give now a real new game to the Switch and never before since March 2017 ?

Amnesia said:
But why would Capcom only give now a real new game to the Switch and never before since March 2017 ?

Because development takes time? :S

Generations Ultimate / XX released in 2017 in jp and 2018 in the west. 

Around the Network
Amnesia said:

Development takes time and they have been focused on MH World which cant easily be ported to Switch

PS5 showcase set for 16th September now confirming two of the things said by Dusk.

curl-6 said:

Watch it be Monster Hunter Stories, (a port of the 3DS game or a sequel) a port of one of their iOS MH spinoffs, or a HD port of the PS2 original or some such shit, or if it is new, be watered down af with chibi graphics cos "Nintendo is for kids".

It's Crapcom, they will find a way to fuck it up.

If this is a genuine, proper new MH for Switch that's not intentionally gimped somehow, I'll eat my Joycons.

Was Rise a proper new MH for you to order new Joycons? ;)

Mbolibombo said:
curl-6 said:

Watch it be Monster Hunter Stories, (a port of the 3DS game or a sequel) a port of one of their iOS MH spinoffs, or a HD port of the PS2 original or some such shit, or if it is new, be watered down af with chibi graphics cos "Nintendo is for kids".

It's Crapcom, they will find a way to fuck it up.

If this is a genuine, proper new MH for Switch that's not intentionally gimped somehow, I'll eat my Joycons.

Was Rise a proper new MH for you to order new Joycons? ;)

They tasted like sunshine and rainbows, because Rise looks like the Monster Hunter game of my dreams and Capcom is redeemed for me.

DonFerrari said:
Considering World have sold plenty more going out of Nintendo I doubt they would make a full on exclusive for Switch.

it's not because that is because of AAA money and casual more streamlined oriented game.

Last edited by Agente42 - on 04 October 2020