By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Flight Simulator Thread - Metacritic 93 Opencritic 92

Hmm 787-10 is very buggy. Throttle control stops working after a while, auto pilot won't stop oscillating and definitely can't stand pausing the game. (plane goes all haywire into a death spiral after unpausing) and sometimes it stops responding to all flight inputs. When you try to unplug the flight stick and plug it back in (thought it might help) the game simply crashes.

I also cannot figure out how to zoom the map making lining up for the airport very difficult, if it isn't hard enough while controlling speed by stopping and restarting the engines cause no throttle control. Can't even move the throttle level in the cockpit.

How much do these planes cost, I crashed 6 already :)

Btw it seemed live weather wouldn't work but it only works if you select live weather from the flight conditions screen. Although it still doesn't look like outside lol. It's definitely a work in progress.

Crashed another one, too buggy.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 18 August 2020

Around the Network

Wasteland twitter handle:

Congrats

on launching Flight Simulator! We'll see you just over the horizon.

SvennoJ said:

It sometimes stutters like crazy just flying straight. I guess it's loading in and generating new data. I can't imagine how this would run from HDD or older SSD. Sometimes it pauses for almost a full second.

@EricHiggin You should recognize this :)

I made it to Port Dover following the trail. The pier is all flat and no lighthouse or anything but still very recognizable.

Waterford on the way back

Simcoe was recognizable as well. Next to Hamilton!

Hamilton will have to wait, almost out of fuel on the way back to Brantford. I made a perfect landing thanks to perfect weather today. (real time weather, looking lovely out today)

Pause is weird, it keeps the plane in place yet still operating / wobbling. I guess since it has multiplayer it won't pause the simulation.

I turned on predator sense for the trip back to Brantford

Less taxing than Forza Horizon 4, but also far less smooth and I have it capped at 30 fps (doubt it will go much over that anyway)

I've set it to 1080p, high settings (disabled AI traffic), i7 8750h, GTX 1060, fast SSD, about 4GB of system ram in use according to task manager. This is all in optimal conditions btw, weather is pretty much perfect atm, small plane, not flying all that fast. Looks great, fun to be flying again!

Missing content still won't download, got to wait I guess.

Yup. Though it would be way cooler if it was during the PD13 biker rally.

Maybe try Long Point? Could you make it all the way across to Erie, PA?

Have you "buzzed the tower" yet Maverick?

EricHiggin said:

Yup. Though it would be way cooler if it was during the PD13 biker rally.

Maybe try Long Point? Could you make it all the way across to Erie, PA?

Have you "buzzed the tower" yet Maverick?

Finally managed to land the 787-10, twice :) Short hop, Brantford to Hamilton and back. Stay below 10,000 ft, don't touch the map, visual flight only, throttle kept working! Not easy in the largest plane lol. No clue what the thrust reverser is mapped to, it's hard to find anything in settings. I can set it to reverse thrust in the cockpit (used it to back up the plane to turn around in Hamilton) yet no time to switch camera views, zoom in on the throttle controls and move 4 levers with the mouse while keeping the plane straight without looking. Need a co-pilot! (Brakes still stopped the plane, almost in time, on the short runway at Brantford, ended up in the grass at the end off the runway, passengers were fine)

Fun but I really miss the Garmin nav gps screen where you could set waypoints, zoom in and out with clear display how the runways are aligned and where to approach. I feel like I'm flying blind in FS 2020. The nifty landing lights indicating your glide slope are missing as well. The graphics are amazing but in all other areas it's still a big step back from FSX.

You can make it anywhere since you can select unlimited fuel :)

I'll go back to the smaller planes later, too many bugs in the big ones and nearly impossible to make a decent approach without proper working instruments.

I can't wait to play this game in 2030 when hardware can do it justice! By then we will be halfway through Kanye's first term as President and all be experiencing #2028vision.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Gotta wonder what the purpose of the simulation we inhabit is. Gotta wonder.

To find the question for 42.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This game is ridiculously good looking. I took the Shock Ultra out for a spin at 7pm following the Grand River to my house.

Real time and weather.

Following the river at 20 knots

Duck under the bridge!

(Don't mind the sloping water lol)

This thing can land anywhere, on the baseball field next to my house

Ok, in reality there are fences there.

So land in the street instead!

Game over when I tried to taxi into the driveway, too many trees in the way :) AI cars don't collide luckily.

Much better suited to smaller planes. They'll iron out the bugs with the airliners, the smaller work very well.

SvennoJ said:

This game is ridiculously good looking. I took the Shock Ultra out for a spin at 7pm following the Grand River to my house.

Real time and weather.

Following the river at 20 knots

Duck under the bridge!

(Don't mind the sloping water lol)

This thing can land anywhere, on the baseball field next to my house

Ok, in reality there are fences there.

So land in the street instead!

Game over when I tried to taxi into the driveway, too many trees in the way :) AI cars don't collide luckily.

Much better suited to smaller planes. They'll iron out the bugs with the airliners, the smaller work very well.

The graphics seem great for the scale, but it seems that when you get close (at least your screenshots) it doesn't have that much detail and textures are simple (both understandable due to the size of the simulation).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

The graphics seem great for the scale, but it seems that when you get close (at least your screenshots) it doesn't have that much detail and textures are simple (both understandable due to the size of the simulation).

Yep, lower than 200 feet and it starts getting pretty rough. The grass next to the runway looks pretty good but building textures are plain.

It's night time now

Landing at night, street lights are nothing but floating light points. Looks great from 200 feet up, rough from the ground. It's a flight sim, not ready for truck simulator (yet)

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep, lower than 200 feet and it starts getting pretty rough. The grass next to the runway looks pretty good but building textures are plain.

It's night time now

Landing at night, street lights are nothing but floating light points. Looks great from 200 feet up, rough from the ground. It's a flight sim, not ready for truck simulator (yet)

ugh can you imagine this + the multiplayer mod from ETS2 or ATS + the money quests

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.