By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Flight Simulator Thread - Metacritic 93 Opencritic 92

SvennoJ said:

I guess it makes more sense to post my experience so far in here

Installation complete. Play time 7 hours (no refund option on Steam since it downloads the MS installer then downloading the actual game counts as play time), just got to the profile screen. The amount of settings and key bindings is rather overwhelming.

Not that you can sample this game in 2 hours, but it would be enough to see if it runs acceptably enough or not. Starting at level 0, next level at 50 hours lol. Premium deluxe version install size is 94.24 GB. No wait it only downloaded the base version. Only 20 planes instead of 30 hmm. I didn't pay double the price to only get the base version. Back to the installer :/

Missing content
Hello everyone, some players might experience issues getting the content of the edition bought! We are aware of the situation, the team is looking into it. [UPDATE] Our team is currently looking into the issue.

It may take up to few more hours for the additional content to unlock. Your Deluxe or Deluxe Premium content will then be downloaded via the Content Manager.

In the meantime, we recommend doing the following

Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
Close Steam
Open Steam
Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
Wait for the Content Manager to search for updates and download the missing packages.

Day one, always fun!

Could be worse, tons of installation issues on the Steam forums.

You wonder what the beta was for....

It recognized my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro anyway. DS4 no go. (Didn't try my xbox controller, should work, DS4 was just charging on the laptop so it came up)

Hmm, no good. Takes forever to start, then forever to check content but nothing comes up. I guess I'll try the standard edition first.

No support on Steam, just directs to MS
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015946980-Missing-Deluxe-or-Deluxe-Premium-content
I guess make a support ticket tomorrow.

Lol whut, was just flying straight, too much throttle?

First flight lasted 2 minutes before the screen went black.
Anyway looks awesome, frame rate not bad at 1080p with high settings (at my local low density airport)
Turning stress damage off, no warning or anything, just a black screen, dumb.

I already dislike premium and so versions that lock relevant content. But for you to buy it and it not install is bad.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It stutters to the point of sometimes pausing for half a sec (don't make quick turns) but it works and looks lovely. I found my house, well a building in its spot.

Which is more than I expected. The street layout is there, however the town is pretty unrecognizable plus the iconic high train bridge over the river is completely missing. The whole train tracks seem to be missing. I noticed the train bridges in the neighboring town are missing as well. Kinda important landmarks for VFR... But the river looks good from above.

Not so much from below

It's hills and dips everywhere lol. Aint no water flowing like that.

Then I got stuck under the bridge trying to taxi to my house

I guess the part under the bridge is flagged as land, gear not out, plane isn't floating, just wobbling on the ground. I got out of it with slew mode bu got the black out screen again when trying to take off, collided with something sticking out the scenery somewhere. Retry!

Lol failed to properly deploy landing gear while landing on water, day one bugs. Attempt nr 3!

Success! but can't figure out the drone camera lol. So many controls!

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 18 August 2020

The perspective is a bit different but that Blackshark AI is impressive.

SvennoJ said:

It stutters to the point of sometimes pausing for half a sec (don't make quick turns) but it works and looks lovely. I found my house, well a building in its spot.

Which is more than I expected. The street layout is there, however the town is pretty unrecognizable plus the iconic high train bridge over the river is completely missing. The whole train tracks seem to be missing. I noticed the train bridges in the neighboring town are missing as well. Kinda important landmarks for VFR... But the river looks good from above.

Not so much from below

It's hills and dips everywhere lol. Aint no water flowing like that.

Then I got stuck under the bridge trying to taxi to my house

I guess the part under the bridge is flagged as land, gear not out, plane isn't floating, just wobbling on the ground. I got out of it with slew mode bu got the black out screen again when trying to take off, collided with something sticking out the scenery somewhere. Retry!

Lol failed to properly deploy landing gear while landing on water, day one bugs. Attempt nr 3!

Success! but can't figure out the drone camera lol. So many controls!

Well trying to map and simulate the whole earth can be quite hard so I don't blame them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Azzanation said:
Skeeuk said:
Just watched a few performance videos on YouTube the frame rate is terrible how has it scored that high. Gameplay looks very stuttery unlike DCS

Than play it on lower settings and problem is solved.

Also what is DCS?

Even at lowest settings it still stutters and massive FPS drops during takeoff landing and city areas.

DCS is a flight study SIM check it out its free but you buy jets it's incredible download and try it yourself

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

It sometimes stutters like crazy just flying straight. I guess it's loading in and generating new data. I can't imagine how this would run from HDD or older SSD. Sometimes it pauses for almost a full second.

@EricHiggin You should recognize this :)

I made it to Port Dover following the trail. The pier is all flat and no lighthouse or anything but still very recognizable.

Waterford on the way back

Simcoe was recognizable as well. Next to Hamilton!

Hamilton will have to wait, almost out of fuel on the way back to Brantford. I made a perfect landing thanks to perfect weather today. (real time weather, looking lovely out today)

Pause is weird, it keeps the plane in place yet still operating / wobbling. I guess since it has multiplayer it won't pause the simulation.

I turned on predator sense for the trip back to Brantford

Less taxing than Forza Horizon 4, but also far less smooth and I have it capped at 30 fps (doubt it will go much over that anyway)

I've set it to 1080p, high settings (disabled AI traffic), i7 8750h, GTX 1060, fast SSD, about 4GB of system ram in use according to task manager. This is all in optimal conditions btw, weather is pretty much perfect atm, small plane, not flying all that fast. Looks great, fun to be flying again!

Missing content still won't download, got to wait I guess.

New fap worthy trailer:

I did start playing the game. Took 2 hours overall to finish downloading. I landed during the first tutorial section successfully but the "flight instructor" gave me a fail even though I finished the rest of the tutorial. Like yall serious?

As for performance. 3900X + GTX 1080 + 32GB of Ram + 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD playing at 3440 x 1440p and high settings = 40-45sh fps.

Not great, Not Terrible but in line with what I was expecting. Gonna need that fap worthy 3000 series GPU to get that solid 60 at ultra... Until they add ray tracing that is...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It’ll hold over 90 end of day. We need a Series X date announced soon, sucks waiting

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It started downloading the rest!
Full install is now 117 GB plus another 1 GB in Steam. That includes 8.5 GB of rolling cache. The 150 GB was a bit off.

Will it make it off the runway lol. It did, there's my house again

Very buggy, throttle stopped working. So I shut off the engines then only one would come back on, but still stuck at 100%

Still too much power for emergency landing at the city airport. I did get on the runway but slid off into the water at the end, too fast. Turned the engine back off too late. Hard flying without a throttle lol.

Hmm same thing again and then the whole flight controls stop responding for a minute. Bugs.

Skeeuk said:
Azzanation said:

Than play it on lower settings and problem is solved.

Also what is DCS?

Even at lowest settings it still stutters and massive FPS drops during takeoff landing and city areas.

DCS is a flight study SIM check it out its free but you buy jets it's incredible download and try it yourself

Hmm.. Digital Foundry haven't had any issues with it, not as bad as you are claiming, they did state that if you have slow net than streaming assets might be affected but nothing with stuttering. I haven't played the game yet so i cannot make a call however from what i am hearing, its the best looking game ever made which from what i have seen so far, looks the part.