By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Message To Our Xbox Community...

It’s been a fun time here being an Xbox user lol I can’t speak for everyone but I welcome negative opinions, everyone should. But there’s a point where you’re just there to hate regardless and your intentions are pretty clear. I don’t fully understand why some users invest so much time in something they obviously don’t like. I realize it’s hard to moderate concern trolling and borderline flaming but hopefully this leads to a healthier discussion.

Thank you Mod Team for addressing this

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah i think those two communities tend to be far more aggressive and defensive towards those that have criticism.(from my own experience in this place ofcourse)

I wouldn't say that, I just know the Xbox needs more presence here.

Look we all know that even if Nintendo fans on VGchartz were wiped out by atomic bombardment Rol being part cockroach would survive and that would mean they need no help  for Sony well they will eventually be taken over and renamed stadia so that ends their role as a meaningful player so that leaves Xbox the one shining hope for all of VGchartz and keeping it safe from a mutated Rol explains this thread.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Man Xbox is so lame that I'm surprised it took you this long to create a snowflake zone for them. /sarcasm

Good job CGI-quality. Keep on the good work.

John2290 said:
iceland said:
It’s been a fun time here being an Xbox user lol I can’t speak for everyone but I welcome negative opinions, everyone should. But there’s a point where you’re just there to hate regardless and your intentions are pretty clear. I don’t fully understand why some users invest so much time in something they obviously don’t like. I realize it’s hard to moderate concern trolling and borderline flaming but hopefully this leads to a healthier discussion.

Thank you Mod Team for addressing this

And the other direction? We PS and Nintendo gamers have to put up with constant harassment from you Xbox and PC gamers, on an hourly basis we are put down for "following the trends" and "It isn't halo", I demand reparations and healthy dialo... agh, i'm busting your balls. As I said a few days ago in the Mega thread, Xboxers need to be integrated into the site and it's a crying shame that they are cornered into that space, it also makes me (and I'm assuming others) more weary to interact on Xbox related topics unless they are threaded specifically.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9200897

I think some Xbox fans just take things to personal. Lets face it, if MS was doing a great job with Series X, who would care if some random Sony or Nintendo fanboys are smack talking the new Xbox? Series X is an amazing piece of kit and MS now has plenty of talented studios under their wing to go toe-to-toe with Sony. That's what we all want to see, but its MS's corporate strategy that is getting in the way of that.

Xbox fans, who deep down aren't not happy with MS's decision making, shouldn't be blindly defending everything they're doing. If you want things to change, you should be complaining because I'm sure MS is taking notice. Hell, we're already seeing Series X games skip current gen, and its the negative feedback that caused Halo to be delayed, which is definitely a good thing. MS needs a wake up call so they can hopefully get their shit together with Series X. If they can do that, and have GP/Xcloud as a nice bonus, then I'm sure we would all be a lot more excited and less touchy about Series X.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
This was needed since 2011.
Even back then Xbox 360 fans were outnumbered, because most of them just don't care about forums that much.

But I think this is a good first step.

I was going to post exactly this. 

People who have been here (/but no longer post) for 10+ years know this thread is 10 years too late. 10+ years ago the funny joke was xbox owners are busy playing games where as PS3 owners are posting about them, seems even now despite there being so many more playstation games to play, its the same story.  

Having said that, when I lurk every now and again, its no way near as bad as it used to be. Suspect posts seems to be actioned pretty quickly and nothing like how it was under the reign of ikhani and his crew. 

goopy20 said:
I think some Xbox fans just take things to personal. Lets face it, if MS was doing a great job with Series X, who would care if some random Sony or Nintendo fanboys are smack talking the new Xbox? Series X is an amazing piece of kit and MS now has plenty of talented studios under their wing to go toe-to-toe with Sony. That's what we all want to see, but its MS's corporate strategy that is getting in the way of that.

Xbox fans, who deep down aren't not happy with MS's decision making, shouldn't be blindly defending everything they're doing. If you want things to change, you should be complaining because I'm sure MS is taking notice. Hell, we're already seeing Series X games skip current gen, and its the negative feedback that caused Halo to be delayed, which is definitely a good thing. MS needs a wake up call so they can hopefully get their shit together with Series X. If they can do that, and have GP/Xcloud as a nice bonus, then I'm sure we would all be a lot more excited and less touchy about Series X.

there is a difference between constructive criticism and just being a negative nancy

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

foodfather said:
DirtyP2002 said:
This was needed since 2011.
Even back then Xbox 360 fans were outnumbered, because most of them just don't care about forums that much.

But I think this is a good first step.

People who have been here (/but no longer post) for 10+ years know this thread is 10 years too late. 10+ years ago the funny joke was xbox owners are busy playing games where as PS3 owners are posting about them, seems even now despite there being so many more playstation games to play, its the same story.  

Having said that, when I lurk every now and again, its no way near as bad as it used to be. Suspect posts seems to be actioned pretty quickly and nothing like how it was under the reign of ikhani and his crew. 

I remember that old argument, and I'd reply that with the same evidence I could make the argument that less Xbox owners are literate. Both conclusions fallacious and meaningless. 

On topic: I'll be interested to see how this is applied. Thread bans seem pretty reasonable for those that are causing too much of a disruption. But for like the above, if someone makes a dumb reply to a dumb argument is that now a thread ban? Or is this something that would have to be unprovoked I guess?

Edit: and before Rol replies, let's say that we take out the complicating factor (or at least what appears to be one to some) that I have a red name. 

Last edited by Torillian - on 17 August 2020

Torillian said:
foodfather said:

I remember that old argument, and I'd reply that with the same evidence I could make the argument that less Xbox owners are literate. Both conclusions fallacious and meaningless. 

On topic: I'll be interested to see how this is applied. Thread bans seem pretty reasonable for those that are causing too much of a disruption. But for like the above, if someone makes a dumb reply to a dumb argument is that now a thread ban? Or is this something that would have to be unprovoked I guess?

Edit: and before Rol replies, let's say that we take out the complicating factor (or at least what appears to be one to some) that I have a red name. 

you are overthinking it, its the usual suspects who aren't handed a free reign to troll anymore

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Torillian said:

you are overthinking it, its the usual suspects who aren't handed a free reign to troll anymore

There have certainly been cases in the past where rules have been skirted just on this side of the line by a "usual suspect" over and over again that required targeted moderation. Unfortunately that's why these things will always be subjective and open to rebuke. I think it's the scientist in me that would prefer objective standards but that really doesn't work where people are involved.