By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Message To Our Xbox Community...

RolStoppable said:
Torillian said:

(...)

Edit: and before Rol replies, let's say that we take out the complicating factor (or at least what appears to be one to some) that I have a red name. 

The only thing I would have said about your post is that thread bans aren't a good solution. Unless it is an ongoing megathread, people will be laughing about getting thread bans. Can't go into an Xbox thread anymore? Just go into the next one and it's even possible that you can direct the discussion back to the talking points you've used in the thread you got banned from.

You frequent political threads and general discussions, so you should have noticed that thread bans for the likes of EricHiggin and Snoopy don't make a real difference. Many topics are intertwined, so getting banned from one specific thread doesn't mean that the same topic is completely off-limits in another thread.

Weren't the mod staff playing around with more broad kind of "subject bans"? I think I recall action where a person wasn't allowed to go into "politics threads" in general rather than a ban from a single thread. I guess if you did that for Xbox threads (assuming there's a clear line) that could work better. 

Around the Network
Torillian said:
RolStoppable said:

The only thing I would have said about your post is that thread bans aren't a good solution. Unless it is an ongoing megathread, people will be laughing about getting thread bans. Can't go into an Xbox thread anymore? Just go into the next one and it's even possible that you can direct the discussion back to the talking points you've used in the thread you got banned from.

You frequent political threads and general discussions, so you should have noticed that thread bans for the likes of EricHiggin and Snoopy don't make a real difference. Many topics are intertwined, so getting banned from one specific thread doesn't mean that the same topic is completely off-limits in another thread.

Weren't the mod staff playing around with more broad kind of "subject bans"? I think I recall action where a person wasn't allowed to go into "politics threads" in general rather than a ban from a single thread. I guess if you did that for Xbox threads (assuming there's a clear line) that could work better. 

Yes we have seem subject ban (I think I remember one PS fan being banned for several months from posting on Xbox threads), we had interaction bans and other types.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This is great news.
I like the Xbox brand and I can swear the amount of negativity towards the brand and fans since about last year has just seemed to skyrocket to levels I've never seen before personally.

CGI-Quality said:
goopy20 said:
I think some Xbox fans just take things to personal. Lets face it, if MS was doing a great job with Series X, who would care if some random Sony or Nintendo fanboys are smack talking the new Xbox? Series X is an amazing piece of kit and MS now has plenty of talented studios under their wing to go toe-to-toe with Sony. That's what we all want to see, but its MS's corporate strategy that is getting in the way of that.

Xbox fans, who deep down aren't not happy with MS's decision making, shouldn't be blindly defending everything they're doing. If you want things to change, you should be complaining because I'm sure MS is taking notice. Hell, we're already seeing Series X games skip current gen, and its the negative feedback that caused Halo to be delayed, which is definitely a good thing. MS needs a wake up call so they can hopefully get their shit together with Series X. If they can do that, and have GP/Xcloud as a nice bonus, then I'm sure we would all be a lot more excited and less touchy about Series X.

This kind of post is where problems start.

You cannot know how people feel deep down, so it doesn't make much sense to use it as a talking point. Yes, I agree Microsoft should listen to feedback, but they have tried (particularly of late). 

Lastly, sure, if the Xbox was in a different market position, the reception here would probably be stronger, but the 'kick them while their down' approach that some take has been destructive.

A while ago I saw someone respond a thread about "what do you expect from the upcoming Xbox console" (Or I think that was the topic, dont remember well) with something in the lines of "If it fails, I'd be very happy if Microsoft/Xbox retires from the gaming industry altogether and their IP are distributed between Sony and Nintendo" and someone called him out for posting a "hit and go" comment (or something of the sort, I dont recall the exact wording, its something ive only read about in this forum) I wouldnt presume to know what that person's intentions were, but that comment stuck with me because that is literally the same sentiment I have, I too would be very happy if - in the scenario that XboxX fails - Microsoft/Xbox retires from the gaming industry altogether and their IP are distributed between Sony and Nintendo. And he got called out for saying it and that felt weird. Its not something I'd say casually to trigger a reaction or with any mean or "destructive" intent. It is my genuine opinion. It is a scenario that would please me, however drastic, fictional or unrealistic. 

My point being, "I think some Xbox fans just take things too personal." is a valid concern. You are right, if the Xbox was in a different market position, the reception here would probably be stronger, but since they are not, its very hard or even unavoidable to have those kind of conversations. 

RolStoppable said:
goopy20 said:
I think some Xbox fans just take things to personal. Lets face it, if MS was doing a great job with Series X, who would care if some random Sony or Nintendo fanboys are smack talking the new Xbox? Series X is an amazing piece of kit and MS now has plenty of talented studios under their wing to go toe-to-toe with Sony. That's what we all want to see, but its MS's corporate strategy that is getting in the way of that.

Xbox fans, who deep down aren't not happy with MS's decision making, shouldn't be blindly defending everything they're doing. If you want things to change, you should be complaining because I'm sure MS is taking notice. Hell, we're already seeing Series X games skip current gen, and its the negative feedback that caused Halo to be delayed, which is definitely a good thing. MS needs a wake up call so they can hopefully get their shit together with Series X. If they can do that, and have GP/Xcloud as a nice bonus, then I'm sure we would all be a lot more excited and less touchy about Series X.

Agreed. It's thanks to the efforts of non-Xbox owners that things have improved for Xbox. Their ongoing objective input due to not being blinded by bias has motivated Microsoft to reconsider the ways they go about business. For a while Microsoft even believed that first party games are redundant, but it turned out that telling them that they suck butt turned the ship around and now Microsoft is at least trying to make an effort again.

You're welcome, Xbox fans.

You're going to break your shoulders patting yourselves in the back like that.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
CGI-Quality said:

This kind of post is where problems start.

You cannot know how people feel deep down, so it doesn't make much sense to use it as a talking point. Yes, I agree Microsoft should listen to feedback, but they have tried (particularly of late). 

Lastly, sure, if the Xbox was in a different market position, the reception here would probably be stronger, but the 'kick them while their down' approach that some take has been destructive.

A while ago I saw someone respond a thread about "what do you expect from the upcoming Xbox console" (Or I think that was the topic, dont remember well) with something in the lines of "If it fails, I'd be very happy if Microsoft/Xbox retires from the gaming industry altogether and their IP are distributed between Sony and Nintendo" and someone called him out for posting a "hit and go" comment (or something of the sort, I dont recall the exact wording, its something ive only read about in this forum) I wouldnt presume to know what that person's intentions were, but that comment stuck with me because that is literally the same sentiment I have, I too would be very happy if - in the scenario that XboxX fails - Microsoft/Xbox retires from the gaming industry altogether and their IP are distributed between Sony and Nintendo. And he got called out for saying it and that felt weird. Its not something I'd say casually to trigger a reaction or with any mean or "destructive" intent. It is my genuine opinion. It is a scenario that would please me, however drastic, fictional or unrealistic. 

My point being, "I think some Xbox fans just take things too personal." is a valid concern. You are right, if the Xbox was in a different market position, the reception here would probably be stronger, but since they are not, its very hard or even unavoidable to have those kind of conversations. 

MS is already making their games accessible to a huge range of people. You can play their games on Xbox, PC, you'll be able to stream them to just about anything with a screen in the near future, and really, if Sony and Nintendo would allow it, there's probably a high chance that MS would make GamePass available to some extent on those platforms as well.

If you think it's reasonable to go into Xbox topics with the attitude of, "I wish they'd just kinda go away and be third party," then I hereby submit that it's far more reasonable for me to go into every PS topic with the attitude that they should bugger off and be third party. After all, they're not even making the best console hardware anymore, right? What's the point of them?

RolStoppable said:
Jpcc86 said:

Agreed. Xbox fans need to get a thicker skin. But to be fair in regards to the rest of your post, Microsoft is already moving in the right direction by putting their games on Switch, so it's not mandatory that their Xbox crashes and burns in order for them to do the right thing and put their games on hardware that people actually want to play games on.

Once they discount Ori and the Blind Forest by 50% on Switch, they will have won me as a customer.

Until you finish it, realize there's a sequel that isn't on Switch, and they lose you again as a customer.

Angelus said:
RolStoppable said:

Agreed. Xbox fans need to get a thicker skin. But to be fair in regards to the rest of your post, Microsoft is already moving in the right direction by putting their games on Switch, so it's not mandatory that their Xbox crashes and burns in order for them to do the right thing and put their games on hardware that people actually want to play games on.

Once they discount Ori and the Blind Forest by 50% on Switch, they will have won me as a customer.

Until you finish it, realize there's a sequel that isn't on Switch, and they lose you again as a customer.

and then Banjo 4 happens and shit hits the "fan"

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, in here, it's all about Xbox. We can discuss what to do for the others elsewhere (even though I don't personally find any of them in this situation).

Remember some converstation we had about a certain user that does everything you Said in this OP and much more, much  Much more, does it for years and years and years What you told me was to people to not engage with him or we the Ones that get banned probably but now If Someone goes to a Xbox thread and talks something bad about a game of Xbox that he does not intend to play or buy he gets moderated? I AM going to start using more the report funcion and i seriously hope this shit you Said in the OP is a rule for everyone and not something that is creating circlejerk in every Xbox brand ONLY threads.

:)

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

see rol im actually funny

must be your german heritage