By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July NPD 2020: Switch 340K, PS4 150K, XB1 17k (rip)

Barkley said:

Actually VGC was slightly overtracking the Switch in the USA when we got NPD figures last month. Switch was like 15k-ish overtracked and PS4 by about 100k. Can't remember XBO.

According to the #1 ERA prediction, not NPD figures, there's a big difference.



Around the Network
Ryng said:
Barkley said:

Actually VGC was slightly overtracking the Switch in the USA when we got NPD figures last month. Switch was like 15k-ish overtracked and PS4 by about 100k. Can't remember XBO.

According to the #1 ERA prediction, not NPD figures, there's a big difference.

ERA? And also please specify whether it's ovettracked or undertracked> and by how much?



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Ryng said:

According to the #1 ERA prediction, not NPD figures, there's a big difference.

ERA? And also please specify whether it's ovettracked or undertracked> and by how much?

I was just repling to Barkley who said the "last NPD report", when really what he used was just the #1 prediction on ERA.

You can use that and compare it to others predictions on ERA, but not use it as "concrete" numbers.



Ryng said:
Eagle367 said:

ERA? And also please specify whether it's ovettracked or undertracked> and by how much?

I was just repling to Barkley who said the "last NPD report", when really what he used was just the #1 prediction on ERA.

You can use that and compare it to others predictions on ERA, but not use it as "concrete" numbers.

Ok so the only concrete thing we'll have is when Ninty reveals the info upto September in their next quarterly update plus of course Japan numbers. It;s great that Ninty reports numbers even when they are as bad as Wii U sales and sad that Microsoft hides them.



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

From Era

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

I think Xbox is in a far worse state than most think.



Around the Network

That is an insane drop for Xbox. Did they not restock? Interest dropping like that seems too crazy.



Marth said:
That is an insane drop for Xbox. Did they not restock? Interest dropping like that seems too crazy.

This is why I find the whole gamepass talk funny. It's like there is this collective mind wipe going on.

NA is Xbox's strongest territory, if they are doing that poorly there imagine how it must be everywhere else. And somehow, gamepass is gonna change all this. 

The only reason the Xboxbrand still exists is that its backed by a company is big as MS. If the XSX/S doesn't do much better than the XB1 and gamepass doesn't take hold, I think it's safe to say MS will pull the plug on the Xbox brand. Or just turn it into a service and stop making consoles in the traditional sense. And become a multiplatform publisher for their IPs.

Xbox simply needs more than NA to survive. Especially in any gen when it doesn't have a commanding lead in that region (like the 360 gen).



Intrinsic said:
From Era

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

I think Xbox is in a far worse state than most think.

Damn, that's a severe drop for both Switch and Xbone. I gues the Xbone drop could be because they've slowed production severely to focus on Series X, but unless demand is fading it seems weird that Nintendo would ship less and less Switches each month.



Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

  • Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Intrinsic said:
From Era

Switch 340k
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

I think Xbox is in a far worse state than most think.

Damn, that's a severe drop for both Switch and Xbone. I gues the Xbone drop could be because they've slowed production severely to focus on Series X, but unless demand is fading it seems weird that Nintendo would ship less and less Switches each month.

Switch sales are up

edit: nvm they are up YoY

Last edited by theDX - on 17 August 2020

Marth said:
That is an insane drop for Xbox. Did they not restock? Interest dropping like that seems too crazy.

Production of the S All Digital and the Xbox One X has ended in July. Leading up to that, there had already been reports of shortages for these two SKUs. So yes, no restock.

I would still like to see the source for the numbers, because the regular S keeps being sold and restocked. 17k for a whole month is too low for that.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments