By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July NPD 2020: Switch 340K, PS4 150K, XB1 17k (rip)

17k for XB1? That is a head scratcher. Not sure if stock is low or that number is just wrong.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
The Xbox One sales are absurdly low that it isn't what I would call believable even with it in short supply.

Those XB1 numbers are so outta left field that they are either completely true, or completely false.

My theory is that MS probably has killed of manufacturing of the XB1 and just didn't bother mentioning it. They did say they had stopped XB1X and XB1AD SKUs, so it's very likely that they are just trying to eat through what stock they have left of the XB1S.

I can kinda relate with them, at this juncture, what's the point? Better to focus everything on their next gen push.

Guys the XBO numbers are true. Before numbers were even out we knew this would have been a very low month, clearly even lower than the most pessimist predictions (Welfare predicted 24k and was the lowest prediction) but that's It.

With XBO SAD discontinued and all the work on Series X, Xbox one is dead.

If true, this would mean Xbone is overtracked here on VGChartz, and may not even reach 50 million.

Demand can't drop like this without something major happening, like a big scandal or negative controversy. You can't go from being up YOY to 84% down in one month and call it drop in demand. It doesn't make sense. It can't be the discontinuation of the all digital console. If it was this popular among Xbox consumers, Microsoft wouldn't have stopped it, especially when it is the most profitable console among the bunch.

It is hard to believe it is stock issue as well. We would have heard about it if it was this serious.

I'm really doubtful of these numbers.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Shadow1980 said:
Whoa. GTAV completely dropped out of the Top 20. Is that a first?

Yeah I don't understand this at all...

May it was 2nd, June it was 4th.

Why would it now not even be in the top 20?

Well according to vgcharts - for the Americas, total sales between 29th June and 2nd August were 587,750.

So USA is 340k, that leaves 247,750 for the rest of the Americas.

I have a hard time believing these numbers tbh.. Switch production is up and had bigger shipments + a release and xbox is way too low. No way they are selling only like 4k a week.

Agente42 said:

switch avaliability On US

Available: Scalpers for $ 390+

If the Switch is still selling out, lower sales could only mean that Nintendo's shipments to the US have been consistently decreasing.

May - 529k over 4 weeks (132k per week)

June - 513k over 5 weeks (103k per week) (not a leak ofc, but shouldn't be too far off)

July 340k over 4 weeks (85k per week)

Not to mention April which was nuts, but that was most likely due to a preplanned boost in shipments around the AC launch. It does seem odd, but I suppose they might just be prioritizing other regions higher by now. Japan is certainly looking better on stock now than in May and June.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Agente42 said:

switch avaliability On US

Available: Scalpers for $ 390+

If the Switch is still selling out, lower sales could only mean that Nintendo's shipments to the US have been consistently decreasing.

May - 529k over 4 weeks (132k per week)

June - 513k over 5 weeks (103k per week) (not a leak ofc, but shouldn't be too far off)

July 340k over 4 weeks (85k per week)

Not to mention April which was nuts, but that was most likely due to a preplanned boost in shipments around the AC launch. It does seem odd, but I suppose they might just be prioritizing other regions higher by now. Japan is certainly looking better on stock now than in May and June.

yeah, I agreed. Nintendo focus in Japan more than US, Us now is worse than Japan. 

Ryng said:
Guys the XBO numbers are true. Before numbers were even out we knew this would have been a very low month, clearly even lower than the most pessimist predictions (Welfare predicted 24k and was the lowest prediction) but that's It.

With XBO SAD discontinued and all the work on Series X, Xbox one is dead.

Well Trunks is not adjusting the numbers on the site but yet you have updated the thread with the leaks. So in terms of accurate reporting I am not sure where the Xbox numbers go from here in terms yearly percentage tracking, especially since resetera leaks were good enough in prior months to adjust to.