By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July NPD 2020: Switch 340K, PS4 150K, XB1 17k (rip)

pitzy272 said:
As others have said, that 17k must be a mistake, unless MSFT has had an unprecedented supply issue. I also just heard Major Nelson talk on Kinda Funny, and he was bragging about XBO’s numbers. Maybe it is 117.

Bragging about but not showing, very classy of him.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Lmao XB1 dropped like a rock! Almost similar as PS4 in Japan.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The Xbox One sales are absurdly low that it isn't what I would call believable even with it in short supply.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

17k for XB1? That is a head scratcher. Not sure if stock is low or that number is just wrong.

Surely those XBO numbers should be 117k and not 17k? How can it be selling so low in the US? o.O

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
The Xbox One sales are absurdly low that it isn't what I would call believable even with it in short supply.

Those XB1 numbers are so outta left field that they are either completely true, or completely false.

My theory is that MS probably has killed of manufacturing of the XB1 and just didn't bother mentioning it. They did say they had stopped XB1X and XB1AD SKUs, so it's very likely that they are just trying to eat through what stock they have left of the XB1S.

I can kinda relate with them, at this juncture, what's the point? Better to focus everything on their next gen push.

Intrinsic said:
trunkswd said:

Those XB1 numbers are so outta left field that they are either completely true, or completely false.

My theory is that MS probably has killed of manufacturing of the XB1 and just didn't bother mentioning it. They did say they had stopped XB1X and XB1AD SKUs, so it's very likely that they are just trying to eat through what stock they have left of the XB1S.

I can kinda relate with them, at this juncture, what's the point? Better to focus everything on their next gen push.

They have said they are still producing the Xbox One S. I was expecting sales to be down year-on-year, but 17k in all of the US in a month is crazy. I will wait before doing any adjustments to our figures for now. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Guys the XBO numbers are true. Before numbers were even out we knew this would have been a very low month, clearly even lower than the most pessimist predictions (Welfare predicted 24k and was the lowest prediction) but that's It.

With XBO SAD discontinued and all the work on Series X, Xbox one is dead.

If true, this would mean Xbone is overtracked here on VGChartz, and may not even reach 50 million.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Demand can't drop like this without something major happening, like a big scandal or negative controversy. You can't go from being up YOY to 84% down in one month and call it drop in demand. It doesn't make sense. It can't be the discontinuation of the all digital console. If it was this popular among Xbox consumers, Microsoft wouldn't have stopped it, especially when it is the most profitable console among the bunch.

It is hard to believe it is stock issue as well. We would have heard about it if it was this serious.

I'm really doubtful of these numbers.