By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (Switch 61.44m, Animal Crossing 22.4m)

Marth said:
S.Peelman said:
Animal Crossing, wow. This game is going to blow away even Tbone’s boldest predictions, whatever they may be. Zelda’s really pulling away from Mario now, quite impressive. Mario Kart suddenly feels the heavy breathing from another game in it’s neck for the first time in generations.

Isabelle currently cracking her knuckles

And Tom Nook is competing with Scrooge McDuck over who's the richest talking animal with those sales.

Around the Network

On the NES being outsold I'll post an update to the shipment post in the Club N thread when I get back from work, I'll use the number here but put a note on the shipment highlighting things.

This means home console wise only the Wii remains to be caught while portable wise the NS' other predecessor the 3DS is now the first to be targeted and is the next overall Nintendo platform that will be caught.

Animal Crossing is the boss. It's doing 40m LT for sure. Going to overtake Mario Kart by the end of the year with its first holiday to come.

Pokemon Sword/Shield are going to overtake Gold/Silver/Crystal by the end of the year too.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 06 August 2020

And another $ billion profit to their account 😂

Marth said:
In other news:

Switch has now sold more software than 3DS has in its lifetime:
406M vs 384M

It will probably cross 1 billion like the PS4 did

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Nintendo Switch Quarterly Hardware & Evergreen Software

Animal Crossing is going to be near 30 million or even surpass it by years end. Incredible. Seriously.

Those are peak DS numbers from Switch.

Congratulations, Nintendo.

pikashoe said:

He said afterwards "it will stay flat" so that's entirely different

Botw actually outsold SSBU for the quarter. Incredible.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"