By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you date someone from the opposite side of the political spectrum?

Would you?

Yes 23 48.94%

No 24 51.06%

Total:47

I love that in the thread and most social media being right wing already mean being racist, homophobic, etc.

At the same time we have the moral highground, monopoly of virtue and the claim that those topics aren't political... It is very odd.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
vivster said:

They really aren't though. If someone treats it as if it was political because their party of choice mandates it, that person has failed as a human being, because they lack both compassion and cognitive ability. It's not a political position to deny someone their human rights, it's an asshole position.

Exactly right. Seen people on both sides of politics who share similar views on racism homophobia etc.  At the end of the day this is beyond politics. 

I am yet to meet a woman who openly discusses politics. They are more content driven on social justice issues and rarely mention oh I think we need better politicians because they do not align with my views. 

Also with social media so embedded in our lives, how many people actually genuinely have the views they portray on social media?  Seen so many people on the band wagon of the latest issue just so they can put up selfies with lots of hash tags. Talk to them outside of that, they not even interested in discussing the topic or having a debate about it.

I used to have a Tinder account for a while and the amount of girls that take selfies with poor african children is ridiculous,like it is some form of entertainment to use them as a set piece to show they ''care'' and lift themselves up.

Meanwhile the kids wont get a cent from them.

DonFerrari said:

I love that in the thread and most social media being right wing already mean being racist, homophobic, etc.

If you're referring to my posts, I never meant to imply that right wing = racist and/or homophobic. I know many right wing folks, including friends, who are neither, and are good people.

There is however a distinct overlap in my experience between far-right ideology and homophobia/racism.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I know I'm only discussing semantics here, but guys, civil rights ARE political. Politics means a process of discussion, choices and decision making in a group, community or society. Politics are also about the dynamics of power and influence these groups have among themselves

Sure, we expect a overall agreement for some subjects: Should slavery remains illegal? I really hope everyone to agree, but even if 100% of humanity agrees still a choice made in group, hence a political decision

Should governments provide healthcare? Political decision. How should they provide their healthcare? Political decision.

Just don't be afraid to call politics as it is. There is so much negativity surrounding that word, and I think politicians are to blame. No one wants association with how politicians do politics so people are eager to call their movements and visions "apolitical" and use words like "humanist" instead

Btw if you wonder how your opposite political side would like alike, maybe it can help you: https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

It's a bit US-centric though, so maybe fellow europeans and maybe other latin-americans will easily lean to the libertarian left. This is how I look

Around the Network

Well, here's mine:

I did feel it was quite a US-centric test in terms of the questions; I have no doubt that I'd sit that far to the left if I lived in the USA, but here in my own country I feel I'm still left leaning but closer to centre, as I know lots of people way more left-wing than me, and I don't think I hold any beliefs that are radical or far left.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

No but I would fuck them if attracted.  My ex preferred Trump over Clinton but she is dumb when comes to politics and really doesn't know shit so after ridiculing her for her thoughts on the matter she never spoke up again about politics.

sethnintendo said:

No but I would fuck them if attracted.

Ha, yeah same honestly, I'll overlook a lot if it means a chance to have sex with a hot woman.

Mine:

I wasn't kidding when I said I leaned slightly to the left.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 31 July 2020

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

That's kind of difficult for me to answer since my position on the spectrum isn't an area with opposites as such.