So many conflicting thoughts. Education is important. Safety is important. Herd immunity is important. Freedom is important. Every other cause of death, many with far higher death rates, that we overlook are important. We can't have it all.
Nothing conflicting here. Easy solutions for everything.
1. Education is not as important as human lives and can be done safely from home. Solved.
2. Safety is important, which is why everyone should stay at home. Solved.
3. Herd immunity doesn't happen through random contagion. It's not gonna be a thing before a vaccine exists. Solved.
4. People are given the freedom to not die by staying at home. Some freedoms are more important than others. Solved.
5. There currently is no other single cause of death with a higher death rate. Which is why we tackle this one with priority. Solved.
Life is always about compromise, the current time we live in is no exception. There is no absolute freedom for everyone and there never will be. As soon as people get that into their thick skulls we will all live better lives.