By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Your % Usage of Switch in Portable/TV Modes?

Amount of time using Switch in TV or Portable mode:

Nearly 100% Portable Mode 10 12.99%

75% Portable Mode, 25% TV Mode 19 24.68%

50% Handheld & TV Mode 13 16.88%

75% TV Mode, 25% Portable Mode 11 14.29%

Nearly 100% TV Mode 24 31.17%

Total:77

90 tv and 10 portable

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

100% docked, Switch is essentially a home console to me.

For me, gaming is an experience best enjoyed on the big screen.

100% Table Top Mode

Cccccccccombo Breaker!

:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I play almost always in portable mode, in fact I kinda regret not buying the Lite version to be honest. Visually most games are unimpressive so its more comfortable to play it in portable mode while in bed. 

Probably 50/50 for me. I enjoy TV more, but when I'm wanting to game while watching something with my wife, or if our baby is winding down and we don't want a big screen on to mess up her blue light cycle, or if I'm on vacation like right now, or heck even if I just want a chiller game session on the couch without a big dramatic presentation on the TV, I go portable.

It's a stunningly useful feature of the system.

Around the Network

99% docked. I tried playing on the 6.2" screen with crappy sound, it doesn't compare. I played BotW on a projector, 92" screen, 5.1 surround. Mario Odyssey upscaled by my 4K tv in brilliant colors. Looks so much better than on the pad.

I'll snap a Switch home console version up in a second if it comes with a pro controller. No need for the screen.

90% portable mode... I mostly play it that way as it is more convenient for me. I play local multiplayer titles docked, though this year that was pretty rare, considering that I barely had people come over to my place due to the epidemic.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I probably use it 2/3 portable and 1/3 docked.  I dock to play multiplayer games or use my arcade stick.  I play portable the rest of the time.  It's just a lot more convenient.

I barely use TV mode anymore.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Roughly 75% TV mode and 25% portable. My joycons are starting to drift a bit but it is nothing too bad yet