Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Your % Usage of Switch in Portable/TV Modes?

Amount of time using Switch in TV or Portable mode:

Nearly 100% Portable Mode 10 12.99%

75% Portable Mode, 25% TV Mode 19 24.68%

50% Handheld & TV Mode 13 16.88%

75% TV Mode, 25% Portable Mode 11 14.29%

Nearly 100% TV Mode 24 31.17%

Total:77

I'm surprised to see "Nearly 100% TV mode" winning the poll.
I thought we'd be a small minority.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

0% on both until they patch Animal Crossing and my daughter can transfer her save off of my console.

Before AC, I'd say it was 80% mobile (table top) and 20% at home.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

curl-6 said:

I'm surprised to see "Nearly 100% TV mode" winning the poll.
I thought we'd be a small minority.

We probably are, but not on VGC (and also not in 2020).

Before COVID, it was nearly 50/50 since I was on the go quite often. Now it's more 25% portable, 75% TV.

Signature goes here!

John2290 said:
Metallox said:
I've become so lazy that I don't like to sit in front of my TV anymore. I feel cramped that way, and so I prefer to lay on the bed and hold the console on my hands.

Ah, the 21st century is a marvel. 

True dat, why bother being limited to stay fixed on 1 position when you can freely use every single space in your house when you feel like it.

The wonderful world of portable tech!

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I have never taken my switch off of the dock actually. No interest in the portable mode...

FPS are a pain on portable mode. Tried BioShock recently and it was a pain to get used to the controls. Since I don't like using the TV, the solution would've been using the "tabletop" mode, which I don't see thrown around here that much, and it was actually what I used to play DOOM 2016 a few years back.

Metallox said:
FPS are a pain on portable mode. Tried BioShock recently and it was a pain to get used to the controls. Since I don't like using the TV, the solution would've been using the "tabletop" mode, which I don't see thrown around here that much, and it was actually what I used to play DOOM 2016 a few years back.

I'm pretty sure tabletop is included as portable mode for this thread.

farlaff said:
Slownenberg said:
I picked nearly 100% portable but I live in a van and travel full time. I do have a tv tucked in here but rarely pull it out (usually just to occasionally play Ring Fit). Back when I lived in an apartment though I probably split my play roughly 50/50.

This is cool! :) Which country do you live/travel in?

USA. Mostly out west. Been on the road 10 months. In Astoria, Oregon today. Heading up to Washington state soon.

Docked 100%.