By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Your % Usage of Switch in Portable/TV Modes?

Amount of time using Switch in TV or Portable mode:

Nearly 100% Portable Mode 10 12.99%

75% Portable Mode, 25% TV Mode 19 24.68%

50% Handheld & TV Mode 13 16.88%

75% TV Mode, 25% Portable Mode 11 14.29%

Nearly 100% TV Mode 24 31.17%

Total:77

Before COVID, it was nearly 50/50 since I was on the go quite often. Now it's more 25% portable, 75% TV.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Metallox said:
I've become so lazy that I don't like to sit in front of my TV anymore. I feel cramped that way, and so I prefer to lay on the bed and hold the console on my hands.

Ah, the 21st century is a marvel. 

True dat, why bother being limited to stay fixed on 1 position when you can freely use every single space in your house when you feel like it.

The wonderful world of portable tech!

We reap what we sow

I have never taken my switch off of the dock actually. No interest in the portable mode...

FPS are a pain on portable mode. Tried BioShock recently and it was a pain to get used to the controls. Since I don't like using the TV, the solution would've been using the "tabletop" mode, which I don't see thrown around here that much, and it was actually what I used to play DOOM 2016 a few years back.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

farlaff said:
Slownenberg said:
I picked nearly 100% portable but I live in a van and travel full time. I do have a tv tucked in here but rarely pull it out (usually just to occasionally play Ring Fit). Back when I lived in an apartment though I probably split my play roughly 50/50.

This is cool! :) Which country do you live/travel in?

USA. Mostly out west. Been on the road 10 months. In Astoria, Oregon today. Heading up to Washington state soon.

Around the Network

Docked 100%.

I'm somewhere between 50/50 and 75/25 handheld lead, but probably closer to the 75/25.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I haven't used Switch on TV in like 2 years. Always playying down in bed.

Poll indicates that there could be a big market for a Switch TV device that isn't portable. Interesting... But this is vgchartz where the numbers are skewed towards a strict gamer demographic.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Poll indicates that there could be a big market for a Switch TV device that isn't portable. Interesting... But this is vgchartz where the numbers are skewed towards a strict gamer demographic.

I actually would like to see a Switch Home. Nintendo should have a full family of devices: Switch, Switch Lite, Switch Plus, and Switch Home. Switch and Switch Plus would no doubt sell the best, but I could see Switch Home putting up Switch Lite type numbers and gaining some new customers from people who don't want to feel like they are paying extra for hybrid portability when they only ever game in front of a tv. I think a $200 Switch Home would be a good diversifier for bringing in more customers. And the Switch Lite already abandons the "switch" concept so clearly Nintendo is fine having other versions that don't stick to the hybrid selling point.

If you can make about the same profit off a cheaper product (a Switch Home would likely be pretty cheap to make when you take out removable joycons, dock, joycon holder, touch screen, batteries) that is always preferable as then the customer can use the extra money to buy more games, generating more profit.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 24 July 2020