By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Your % Usage of Switch in Portable/TV Modes?

Amount of time using Switch in TV or Portable mode:

Nearly 100% Portable Mode 10 12.99%

75% Portable Mode, 25% TV Mode 19 24.68%

50% Handheld & TV Mode 13 16.88%

75% TV Mode, 25% Portable Mode 11 14.29%

Nearly 100% TV Mode 24 31.17%

Total:77

TV mode only, I never liked handheld gaming one bit. The joy-con controllers are very uncomfortable for me and the buttons feel too small and "shallow" in their feedback and overall design. It's brilliant in docked mode though, and the Pro controller is possibly the best controller I ever tried.

Around the Network

I picked nearly 100% portable but I live in a van and travel full time. I do have a tv tucked in here but rarely pull it out (usually just to occasionally play Ring Fit). Back when I lived in an apartment though I probably split my play roughly 50/50.

All most zero % in both modes, pretty much gathered dust since BotW back in 2017 🤣🤣

It depends on how much I'm home. Normally would be 80% portable. It largely depends on the game; Ring Fit Adventure is always a docked game, while games like Animal Crossing are almost always portable. Some, like Xenoblade, I play about 50/50 in each.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

99% in the bathroom

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

Around the Network

Nearly 100% Docked but I'd use it a lot more in portable if it wasn't for joycon drift.

I know... my English sucks.

Like already said, used to be close to 90% portable but then not only the joy cons started to get all crappy but I began to play Smash online. So now it is about 60% TV. I voted 75% portable to make a division.

Slownenberg said:
I picked nearly 100% portable but I live in a van and travel full time. I do have a tv tucked in here but rarely pull it out (usually just to occasionally play Ring Fit). Back when I lived in an apartment though I probably split my play roughly 50/50.

This is cool! :) Which country do you live/travel in?

I'm surprised to see "Nearly 100% TV mode" winning the poll.
I thought we'd be a small minority.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 July 2020

0% on both until they patch Animal Crossing and my daughter can transfer her save off of my console.

Before AC, I'd say it was 80% mobile (table top) and 20% at home.