By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's Your % Usage of Switch in Portable/TV Modes?

Amount of time using Switch in TV or Portable mode:

Nearly 100% Portable Mode 10 12.99%

75% Portable Mode, 25% TV Mode 19 24.68%

50% Handheld & TV Mode 13 16.88%

75% TV Mode, 25% Portable Mode 11 14.29%

Nearly 100% TV Mode 24 31.17%

Total:77

If a Switch Home had been available in 2017 I would've bought that instead of the hybrid version.
We already have a Switch variant for those who don't care about TV play, I'd say there's a place for a model for those who don't care about playing on the go. Without the screen or battery you could probably sell it at $200 USD with a healthy profit margin.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 24 July 2020

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Poll indicates that there could be a big market for a Switch TV device that isn't portable. Interesting... But this is vgchartz where the numbers are skewed towards a strict gamer demographic.

But is it surprising? Home console market was always bigger than handheld. I'm sure if they release a Switch Home this was going to sell fine, maybe about the same as Wii U as Switch Home at least would have games to play

curl-6 said:

If a Switch Home had been available in 2017 I would've bought that instead of the hybrid version.
We already have a Switch variant for those who don't care about TV play, I'd say there's a place for a model for those who don't care about playing on the go. Without the screen or battery you could probably sell it at $200 USD with a healthy profit margin.

Same. I would not have bought the dockable switch.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Before it was more mixed, but since I don't own a TV right now, it's naturally all handheld right now.