By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some TLOU2 Haters Are Nut Jobs CONFIRMED!

alabtrosMyster said:
I have not read the OP, not any posts in case there are spoilers (I am currently in my first playthrough)

So first the good:
The combat is tense and satisfying
The game looks amazing, the ambiance is great, one of the best looking games out there
The sound track is also amazing

The bad (I'm about halfway through --SPOILERS):
The story is starting to fall a part, I just spent two days in Seattle as Ellie and I went through a flashback to two years before where Ellie and Joel meet back at the hospital where the first game ends, the get there on their horses without any apparent resistance from the new human enemy groups (WLF and the other guys)... That whole section makes no sense, because I just went through the whole city as if I never went back there since the last game, those two factions just sprawled over the last two years, etc. I thought that this pretty lazy.

So far I love the game anyway, I just don't think this section holds up, it felt forced and made the believability weaker--The first game was very consistent.

Hey man this would be the wrong thread for this. Perhaps try the spoiler free discussion of TLOU2.

Also on your bad part, I guess it was mentioned that Seattle is big and that neither party had time to cover it entirely so perhaps that area was outside of control of any group, remember that Ellie also have visited several places in the present that was void of human presence.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
The discourse surrounding TLoU 2 has been a toxic mess ever since the leaks happened, and I've intentionally stayed away from it all because there's nothing of value to be gained in taking part in it at the moment. Regardless of what your opinion of the game is (and I haven't played it yet so I don't have one), there is going to be at least one subset of people getting angry at you because of it. The most unfortunate aspect of all of this is, besides the harassment of innocent people for idiotic reasons of course, that all the legitimate criticism and thoughtful discourse is going to be buried under an avalanche of mindless, awful drivel from a legion of morons on both sides.

It's going to take some time before any actual decent conversation is going to take place on TLoU 2, and it's all because there are idiots shouting at each other all over the place right now.

Yeah, it's a shame. I haven't played the game yet but can still see several topics that would be interesting to discuss:

• How better graphics and animations affects violent scenes
  • Killing main characters
  • Switching perspective to the "antagonist"
  • Linear vs player-controlled storytelling

Shiken said:
Nutjobs exist everywhere and in no way are limited to LoU2 haters. It is also worth noting that a few nutjobs do not represent even half of all LoU2 haters.

In any case however, this behavior makes me sick. Imagine just doing your job to put food on your table, and you recieve hate and death threats over a script that you did not even write.

Yes. This is nothing really particularly important. Nutjobs are on the internet and when they hate, they hate.

I also think that the majority who hated this game aren't death threatening mad dogs.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

EnricoPallazzo said:
Kind of related since he is a hater, angry joe has been banned from resetera since his review and his remarks about tlou2 were considered bigoted.

Then they didn't watch his review. I watched it. He literally broke down what liked, didn't like, and went into great detail. Resetera, like Twitter, hates anyone that doesn't religously adhere to their group think. That place is one of the most close minded places on the internet. Angry Joe is hit or miss with me but I'm 100% against the current societal need to label someone with a negative pejorative and deplatform them because they disagree with you. This counterproductive lynch mob mentality just creates echo chambers full of dishonest discussion. 

Last edited by Darc Requiem - on 08 July 2020

Summary of this thread for those who don't want to read 10 pages:

OP: Death threats are bad.

VGC: We can't say ANYTHING without being called bigots anymore, can we?!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Not quite.

Might be true if the OP weren't generalising all people who dislike TLOU2 as "nut jobs". But they are.

The game's detractors certainly have managed to find a way of turning themselves into the real victims here.

Jaicee said:

Summary of this thread for those who don't want to read 10 pages:

OP: Death threats are bad.

VGC: We can't say ANYTHING without being called bigots anymore, can we?!

I love you. Wanna gay marry? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

padib said:
Jaicee said:

The game's detractors certainly have managed to find a way of turning themselves into the real victims here.

They are. Between people being banned from forums for voicing a negative opinion about the game, to journalists like Jason Schreier being shamed on twitter, to users on vgchartz having to endure the typical witch hunt, the only conclusion is that people are not allowed to say things against the game.

It's high time people just stop all this on both sides. People should never make death threats to anyone, and others should let people express themselves and stop vilifying other users. It's very bad in general.

This is, quite honestly, the only game where I have seen people trying so hard to silence others for their opinion on the game. I personally just stopped posting about it even on vgchartz because it was becoming ugly.

As much as I and others want to admit that some haters are being completely out of line, you should be doing the same instead of continuing to pretend like everything is okay on the side of those who will just defend the game to no end and rebuke people who comment negatively about it or its creators who are behaving badly on social media.

Neil Drunkman in this issue is no angel, and he shouldn't be doing what he is doing, and users on the other end should not be behaving the way they are, sending personal attacks and being very personal about the game. Both sides are wrong and if you don't acknowledge it then why should the other side acknowledge the bad behaviours of certain haters?

Let's just stop all this and meet in the middle.

Why? One of these answers is right. This isn't "Xbox is better than Playstation" or Vice Versa, there is no middle ground. Either these people are crazy and dangerous, or they aren't. Either it's bigotry, or it isn't. It's not "well it's kinda bigotry, but let's not go someplace that makes me wrong and you right, so let's agree to disagree." No, when people's lives and safety are on the line, when their mental and emotional health are at stake, and when hate speech leads to more hate speech, a solution needs to be found and certain beliefs need to be known to be unequivocally wrong. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ka-pi96 said:
KratosLives said:

This is actually hilarious.

Well at least if Druckmann ever decides to give up on video games it looks like he could be successful as a cult leader

Lol, a cult leader. Maybe you need to re evaluate yourself,  your state of mind and what the last of us really is about. The game is a masterpiece, shame you can't appreciate it.

padib said:
Jaicee said:

They are. Between people being banned from forums for voicing a negative opinion about the game, to journalists like Jason Schreier being shamed on twitter, to users on vgchartz having to endure the typical witch hunt, the only conclusion is that people are not allowed to say things against the game.

It's high time people just stop all this on both sides. People should never make death threats to anyone, and others should let people express themselves and stop vilifying other users. It's very bad in general.

This is, quite honestly, the only game where I have seen people trying so hard to silence others for their opinion on the game. I personally just stopped posting about it even on vgchartz because it was becoming ugly.

As much as I and others want to admit that some haters are being completely out of line, you should be doing the same instead of continuing to pretend like everything is okay on the side of those who will just defend the game to no end and rebuke people who comment negatively about it or its creators who are behaving badly on social media.

Neil Drunkman in this issue is no angel, and he shouldn't be doing what he is doing, and users on the other end should not be behaving the way they are, sending personal attacks and being very personal about the game. Both sides are wrong and if you don't acknowledge it then why should the other side acknowledge the bad behaviours of certain haters?

Let's just stop all this and meet in the middle.

Totally agree with your message, though I fear it'll fall on deaf ears. I don't think the people who have major problems with differing opinions to the point of using insults like racist/bigot/etc. will be satisfied with anything less than total submission. Also regarding the bolded, I haven't seen anyone who doesn't like the game approve of sending death threats, certainly no one in this thread. We don't need the other side to admit wrong doings to know death threats bad, that goes without saying of course.