By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some TLOU2 Haters Are Nut Jobs CONFIRMED!

Again, nobody's saying that you're automatically successful for being white. Quit with the safe-space circle-jerk to justify your false narrative. Sheesh, people.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

This is an important point. A lot of people that demands equality wants it right now, while increasing you quality of life is something that takes generations to happen. My family is a mix of former slaves and italian immigrants. Both freaking poor to the point my mother refuses to talk about her childhood and my father says he had to sell stuff inside trains and polish other people shoes to survive. My father was thrown away from his house when my mother got pregnant as he was going to live with a black woman. My mother had to leave school when I got born. Also he used to sleep only 4 hours per day due to work and commuting. At some point one one of them could go to university so my mother was paying for my father university as he had more chance to make more money. Pretty miserable life in a miserable place. But due to hard work, making the right decisions, understanding their situation and how to get out of it they are able to become very successful in life and understanding they would have to let go of their youth years if they wanted to get somewhere. They had to make the decision of not studying what they wanted, but what would provide them a better life. My childhood was good but never got access to toys, travels, good clothes, nice food, nothing like that. My brother which is 8 years old had a much better life. I was able to keep the pace, making the right decisions and studying and achieving my own milestones despite being brown or mixed. I have a very good life today and my kids will have an even better one.

From a family of Italians fleeing the famine and former slaves, on the fourth generation we achieved a good life and only the fifth will start since the begginning in a good situation, already with some heritage money and some "status". And of course, it takes one generation of stupid decisions to burn through all that was conquered.

eh... not really.

Y'all just need to copy Europe. Get a proper welfare system set up, universal healthcare and free (or at least heavily subsidised) education and you've got a much better quality of life for poor people already. That doesn't have to take generations.

I too grew up poor, but European poor. As in my single father mostly worked part-time or not at all while I was growing up and the government supplemented his income so I never really wanted for anything. I might have to wait until a birthday or something but if I wanted something I'd generally get it. We had a free 2 bedroom house from the government (which my Dad converted into a 3 bedroom when my little brother was born). All healthcare was completely free. Public transport is good so even though most of the time my Dad couldn't afford a car we never needed one. Education was mostly free. Only had to "pay" anything at university level and that was just subisidised loans (due to my family being poor about 1/3 of it doesn't even count as a loan). They're also loans that don't really mean anything, they're not really debt and there's no pressure to pay them back. I recently had to fill out my income forms for the student loan company just to be told "nah, you're cool, you don't have to pay us any money" because I don't earn enough. And even if I did I'd only have to pay back a tiny percentage per month above the threshold that I earn.

Always had to share a bedroom with one of my sisters,not that convenient i tell you as it is important to have one place in the house that is your own imo.

Solo bedrooms gives so much more freedom like staying up late reading and stuff(always tried to read comics without irritating sis) :P