By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners, is your collection for it mostly first or third party?

I own more...

First Party 30 43.48%

Third party 39 56.52%

Total:69

If only there was someone who kept up a document on this very subject and didn't decide to get lazy and not do it anymore.

Around the Network

Hmmmm, I think I have mostly first-party major releases, but in number, I think indies beat 1st party titles out. I don't know if I have any major 3rd party game to date, except a very low priced Justa Dance title (2019?) as a party game, Maio X Rabbids and South Park Fractured But Whole.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I sell most of my first party games (all physical) after I'm finished with them, while a lot of my (cheap) third party games are digital. So my library contains mostly third party games. If I wouldn't sell those, I would still have more third party games, but you can't compare buying ten 5-15 euro games with four 50 dollar games.

Way more third party games.

Third party but it's mainly because of indie titles. So my library would go 3rd party indies > 1st party > 3rd party big evil companies.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

My collection is mostly made up of third party, now that I think of it. Specifically publishers such as Capcom, Namco, and (somewhat regrettably) Square Enix. That's what happens when third parties start routinely releasing legacy content and collections while Nintendo has to be asked really nicely just to squirt out another NES game on their subscription service. In all seriousness though the Switch has so, so much third party support, and even though one of Nintendo's biggest strengths is its exclusive IPs, I think a mixture of the overwhelming amount of third party support and one of Nintendo's own top selling games (Ultimate) actively promoting 3rd party characters makes it almost inevitable that most people would have a huge third party library, right?

First party. There is little to no reason for me to choose switch over my other two consoles when looking at third party games.

My Switch library is small, most games I have are first party. Theyre the reason I bought the system in the first place.

Mostly first-party. Even before I got a PS4 Pro last year, that was still the case. Since I got the PS4, the only third-party game I bought on Switch was Undertale. I probably won't get more than a small handful of third-party games on Switch at this point, unless they're Switch exclusives. Provided Octopath Traveler doesn't go to PS4, I would purchase it on Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Almost entirely 1st Party Nintendo.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Bayonetta 2

The only 3rd party game I have is Ace Attorney Trilogy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.