By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on 69.99$ games for Next Gen Consoles?

Thoughts on 70$ games next gen?

I'm happy with it, more money=better value 6 5.77%

I'm ok with it 26 25.00%

Don't like it, but will tolerate it 30 28.85%

Completely against it, won't tolerate it 42 40.38%

Total:104

I think this coming generation I'm going to stop buying video games. I already have enough to last a couple lifetimes. Goodbye vgc

Around the Network

I don't buy any games at full retail price anyway. I have enough titles in my backlog to wait for shit to get cheaper.

In saying that, if the price of games rise... Then I demand the end of season passes, micro transactions and in-game advertising.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Last game I got on launch was the last of us part II only because it came with the LE PS4 pro and before that RDR2 and then all the way back to Metal Gear Solid 3 on PS2 LOL

Other than that I always wait until the game I want reached $20 new (PS4/Xbone).

The last time companies raised the price of games was around 2005-2006 from $49.99 to $59.99, if they start charging $69.99 I really do expect them to start making longer and better games.

I never buy games at full price but this was overdue.

As others have said the trick is to try and not be a early adopter.
Wait until it goes on sale.

Around the Network

People keep telling me that the PS5 will not repeat the same mistakes that the PS3 made.  But so far all signs point to "yes".  This is just another sign.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

People keep telling me that the PS5 will not repeat the same mistakes that the PS3 made.  But so far all signs point to "yes".  This is just another sign.

How is 3rd party game price increase a part of Sony's mistake?

If they wern't so adverse to going beyond the 60$ price point the DLCpocalype wouldn't have been as severe lol, if games naturally followed inflation or maybe a bit more they would be at 80, at least for AAA titles, while lower games would be at 60.

I don't want more expensive games, The current price of a game is bad enough, and when you factor in the multiple season passes and dlc, which are often more expensive than the base game itself, the situation is pretty God damn awful. This is why I wait for large discounts and rarely buy a game for more than £20 nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if I were to learn that people are increasingly responding to these higher price by taking a page out of Jack Sparrow's book.

Last edited by NyanNyanNekoChan - on 04 July 2020

Prices should be going down, not up. Digital distribution has made it possible to sell games at $45 on launch day, and still make massive amounts of profit. Instead we get digital prices that are a joke like a game still being $60 three years after release.