By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - RUMOR - A NEW Hope - Decanonization of the sequels possible

Should Lucasfilm decanonize the sequels

Yes 23 51.11%

No 19 42.22%

On the fence 3 6.67%

Total:45

Written and Directed by Rian Johnson.

Around the Network

Whether or not Disney Lucasfilm says they are canon... Anything that was done after George Lucas in my mind is not canon. Just expensive fan fiction. I will say though, the Mandalorian is good!

1doesnotsimply

Waste of time. Even if they did, the prequels still exist, which for me is the worst of the three trilogies anyway. If they want to start decanonizing stuff, then take out everything except the first three films and maybe couple of the video games and TV series if you really want to just include the good stuff.

To late, they were already released and they are bad.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Couldn’t care less if they are canon or not, honestly. Star Wars needs a fresh start with new characters. Revisiting the sequels isn’t going to make them better, they just need a new story all together in the Star Wars universe. I really liked the idea of an old republic trilogy. They should increase the number of force users and turn the battles up.

Around the Network

Not a Star Wars fan but everything after the original 3 films was a mistake. Disney will dip in the well of a creatively bankrupt franchise forever.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Whether or not Disney Lucasfilm says they are canon... Anything that was done after George Lucas in my mind is not canon. Just expensive fan fiction. I will say though, the Mandalorian is good!

I agree with this. Star Wars was what George Lucas made. 1 - 6 are all the real deal from the creator of that world. Anything not made by George is fan fiction based on his world. 

That is not to say that great new Star Wars films can not be made. In fact I expect to see incredible things done with the Star Wars franchise in the future. None of it will be canon to George's Original Creations in 1 - 6 though.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Forget og Star wars, forget prequels and sequels! we need movies set at the old Sith Empire, the dark days, the time when sith lords were true gods who terrified the galaxy without ever needing "Death Stars and Chimichangas"! The future of star wars is in the past and ancient lore.

If only, but I doubt they will. They should make a movie/series during the old republic!

Manlytears said:
Forget og Star wars, forget prequels and sequels! we need movies set at the old Sith Empire, the dark days, the time when sith lords were true gods who terrified the galaxy without ever needing "Death Stars and Chimichangas"! The future of star wars is in the past and ancient lore.

Count on Disney to fuck up that as well and make the dark times rosy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."