By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - PS5 Games Event - Postponed To Support Protests - Rescheduled Date TBD

Torillian said:
Dante9 said:
I wonder when the white riots will begin, seeing as more white people are killed unlawfully by the police than black people every year?

Pop Quiz: Can you tell me what you think is wrong about comparing the total number of white people killed unlawfully by the police to the total number of black people? 

Here's a helpful hint: 1000 white people and 10 black people in a room. Police come through and unlawfully kill 10 black people and 11 white people. Which group has a bigger issue with police violence in this room? 

Bravo sir.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

It's a good call by Sony, gives them some extra points in the PR area (well, maybe not for some right-wingers). I'm sure whatever amount of days the delay is, you people will survive. 

That’s offensive to imply right wingers don’t universally condemn racism. You talking about alt-right, please don’t confuse the two. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BraLoD said:
Signalstar said:

Stupid example. The original Space X launch was postponed because of the weather.

Following your example Sony would be justified delaying the presentation because of some clouds.

The Space X launch required specific environmental conditions for the sake of the crew's safety.

Nah, it's a perfectly fine example.

USA president was there to promote a private company marketing stunt when people were rioting in his country, yet it wasn't a problem, yet Sony making games announcements somehow needs to be moved away otherwise they are out of touch.

People on Era were bashing TPC and Nintendo because Pokemon tweeter post a gif with Ash and a black friend making bro fists to eachother... somehow that was out of touch too.

good stuf came from that thread, my favourite

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nautilus said:

Assuming you were this concerned about the world issues, you wouldn't waste your time playing games or reading news about games when there is so much disaster happening around the world.

Lets not be hypocrites here.

You act like Sony is canceling the PS5 altogether because of civil unrest. You'll be okay if they have to move the event a week or two. The selfishness amongst some in the gaming community is uncanny. 

Good to know that I can't feel dissapointed about this now.

I'll remember this next time a disaster happens anywhere in the world and you are here spending your time commenting on these forums and not out there, saving the world.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

theDX said:
Torillian said:

Pop Quiz: Can you tell me what you think is wrong about comparing the total number of white people killed unlawfully by the police to the total number of black people? 

Here's a helpful hint: 1000 white people and 10 black people in a room. Police come through and unlawfully kill 10 black people and 11 white people. Which group has a bigger issue with police violence in this room? 

Also all the people that got shot have criminal records.

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
BraLoD said:

Nah, it's a perfectly fine example.

USA president was there to promote a private company marketing stunt when people were rioting in his country, yet it wasn't a problem, yet Sony making games announcements somehow needs to be moved away otherwise they are out of touch.

People on Era were bashing TPC and Nintendo because Pokemon tweeter post a gif with Ash and a black friend making bro fists to eachother... somehow that was out of touch too.

good stuf came from that thread, my favourite

-where the stupid ass picture used to be-

You might have a point, these pictures every media company might be templates and will feel superficial. They could've sat on their asses and do absolutely nothing to show their support to this huge mess happening right now out there.

Going back on topic, I respect Sony even more after postponing the reveal of their next-gen offerings because it was NOT the moment to do so. I feel it was the best thing they could've done without exacerbating and escalating things. I would think it would be far much insensitive of them to present their offerings ignoring what's going on out there. They could've thought "America is in turmoil, but the rest of the world is getting better from the COVID-19. This presentation will go on for the rest of the world as our products are bigger than the USA right now." There will be better times to announce the console and the games.

Good move on Sony. Seen a lot of other brands delaying their plans too.

I get it why the yanks are protesting (to a degree). What I don't get is the looting and violence. That shit just makes the intended message not be herd.

The other thing that makes no sense is why are people in Germany or England protesting? No doubt some other countries now joined the bandwagon. Is it guilt for past crimes? using it as an excuse to go outside when we are in lockdown because of COVID19? The reason this is bullshit because it makes no sense to protest one murder in another country. If they feel that shit is wrong, what about protesting about far worst crimes in the world, i.e. all the general gang violence in america? the children that are being trafficked? the children brides being forced into marriage and raped and in some cases killed? Far bigger fucked up issues in this world yet the world turns a blind eye. From what I can conclude it is an opportunity for people to loot and riot and use the death of a man as an excuse to do it.

Nautilus said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

You act like Sony is canceling the PS5 altogether because of civil unrest. You'll be okay if they have to move the event a week or two. The selfishness amongst some in the gaming community is uncanny. 

Good to know that I can't feel dissapointed about this now.

I'll remember this next time a disaster happens anywhere in the world and you are here spending your time commenting on these forums and not out there, saving the world.

Ridiculous subterfuge and logic twisting because you were inconvenienced. Who's saying you can't be disappointed? Your initial comments were tone deaf and toxic. Just because what is occurring in the U.S. currently doesn't resonate with you, doesn't mean Sony isn't justified in postponing (not canceling) their event. 

Dante9 said:
I wonder when the white riots will begin, seeing as more white people are killed unlawfully by the police than black people every year?

A lot of people have already addressed how this fails to understand proportionality but it should also be stressed....

1. Plenty of white are protesting. At this point the majority may actually be white.

2. Any success from this protest benefits all victims of police brutality. White, black, brown. The goal is to hold police accountable.