By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - PS5 Games Event - Postponed To Support Protests - Rescheduled Date TBD

sales2099 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It's a good call by Sony, gives them some extra points in the PR area (well, maybe not for some right-wingers). I'm sure whatever amount of days the delay is, you people will survive. 

That’s offensive to imply right wingers don’t universally condemn racism. You talking about alt-right, please don’t confuse the two. 

Apologies that I hurt your feelings, there is no confusion between the two though

Around the Network

Is it just me or is this whole "black lives matter" movement stupid? I mean do we really need to be reminded of that? Personally I think they're making it way too much about race, while the arrest probably would have gone the same way if it was a white guy. To me it seems a lot more about people working for the police who are idiots and mentally too unstable to do their job. A while back the exact same thing happened in Holland when a white man suffocated because 4 police officers were sitting on top of the guy and it didn't spark riots and world wide protests.

I'm not going to imply virtue signaling since I think the term is asinine and most people protesting about this outside the US are genuinely outraged about what happened.

However... it still irks me to see the moral myopia of so many when it comes to shit happening in developed countries, particularly the US, but not much elsewhere.

Bushfires in Australia and police violence in the US? Fundraising! Instagram posts! Awareness campaigns! Etc. etc. etc.

Young women getting genitally mutilated in Tanzania? zzzzz. Dying from hunger in Yemen? zzzzz. Rainforests being destroyed in South America and Indonesia? zzzzz.

Some people in Brazil have donated for it while they don't ever gave a fuck for dozens of children and teenagers literally getting shot to death with assault rifles (by the police!) every week here.

twintail said:
goopy20 said:
Is it just me or is this whole "black lives matter" movement stupid? I mean do we really need to be reminded of that? Personally I think they're making it way too much about race, while the arrest probably would have gone the same way if it was a white guy. To me it seems a lot more about people working for the police who are idiots and mentally too unstable to do their job. A while back the exact same thing happened in Holland when a white man suffocated because 4 police officers were sitting on top of the guy and it didn't spark riots and world wide protests.

This is most definitely one way to downplay  obvious police brutality on ppl not white.

Maybe, but ask yourself this. Is Derek Chauvin a racist or just a overly brutal cop? And could the same thing have happened if George Floyd was white? 

I guess the upside of the delay, it indicates what Sony has planned must be massive. If it is this meaningful it wont be the Playstation pendant to InsideXbox "Next Gen Gameplay".

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
goopy20 said:

I agree. There are alot of other reasons behind it, but yeah this is one of them.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Companies should just stay out of politics. Empty words, trying to appease to everyone is just fake as hell.

Nintendo haven't said anything and Konami just well balls in and launched a game. Yes, it is sad. It is wrong. But one death in one country where police brutality is known is something for the whole world to stop? Yeah, okay.

Bandorr said:
hinch said:

Companies should just stay out of politics. Empty words, trying to appease to everyone is just fake as hell.

Nintendo haven't said anything and Konami just well balls in and launched a game. Yes, it is sad. It is wrong. But one death in one country where police brutality is known is something for the whole world to stop? Yeah, okay.

One of the best statements regarding this situation that I have seen so far, to be honest.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

twintail said:
goopy20 said:

Maybe, but ask yourself this. Is Derek Chauvin a racist or just a overly brutal cop? And could the same thing have happened if George Floyd was white? 

He could be both.

How often you hear about cop brutality to whites when compared to blacks? I'm gonna go with no, it probably wouldn't have happened if he was white. 

I think part of this escalation is due to media sensationalism. Racism and outrage gets the ratings. There was a killing of a white homeless man due to police brutality and it only got coverage in the state of California. 

I don’t think we have definitive proof it was an act of racism. There is the possibility he’s just a terrible cop. All the property damage, destruction of civic buildings and small business (many of which operated by black people) are partly attributed to a non stop media barrage. 

I make no excuses and condemn hate. I just think we needed definitive proof before people go and start rioting. Even then rioting achieves nothing. Buildings aren’t racist. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bandorr said:
hinch said:

So they finally cracked, huh?