By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

John2290 said:
Arguing about China in the current year must be what it felt like to a westerner in the 30's arguing about why facism was an evil that needed to be dealth with. It's so fucking crazy that people can't see the problem, I guess the CCP's infiltration of the west happened at a large and effective scale. R.I.P freedom.

Hahahahaha sorry but that statement is so damn funny when it's not even trying to be. You're so needlessly overdramstic and comparing China to Nazi Germany. The US has done a lot more things that Nazi Germany did compared to China, at least for now. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
sethnintendo said:

Did they stop the Muslim "re-education" camps?

Did I say, that everything is fine? No, I wrote it in the text you quoted. But I said things got better for most of the people. Are we at the end of the road? No, we are at the beginning. But a war, cold or hot, will not make things better about this, and it will certainly make things worse for a hundreds of millions chinese. So if your intention is to make things better, than the militaristic or even economic pressure just isn't rational.

And also, I mentioned that the US has no problem with Saudi Arabia. Saudi's de facto leader Mohammed bin Salman defended these camps.

Yes he probably defended camps because China buys a lot of Saudi oil.  Also China probably supplies Saudi Arabia weapons so they can bomb more food markets and schools in Yemen.

I believe US should stay out of most conflicts because apparently my country does more harm then good usually.  I don't mind seeing China or others try take role in policing world because they will probably fail just like we did.  Maybe not as bad.

RolStoppable said:
Eagle367 said:
I find it quite ironic how Americans speaking so much ill of China, whether justified or not(propaganda of the US usually makes things sound worse than they are), are not looking at the mirror and seeing the evils, corruption, greed and harm of their own empire. How their regimes have ravaged the world and caused so much harm. I agree that China's intentions are not benevolent and they have selfish desires that trump the value of human life for them but the US is worse than China in that department. The US doesn't value human life or rights either.

The USA values human life. The USA is against abortion.

Nope it does not one bit considering the million plus dead in Iraq, all the war mongering in the middle east, all the instalment of dictators in South Africa and Iran, supporting Saudi Arabia in genocide in Yemen and terrorism, supporting Israel on apartheid, the fact that it was considering attacking it's own citizens and blaming it on Cuba when the missile crisis was happening, the fact that it sells weapons to both sides in many wars including back in WW2, the fact that it chose to drop the atomic bomb and do it twice when historians say Japan was ready to surrender, how it treats it's poor and middle class nowadays, etc. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of things.

Edit: Dang it Role you got me again, you massive troll.

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 25 May 2020

sethnintendo said:
Mnementh said:

Did I say, that everything is fine? No, I wrote it in the text you quoted. But I said things got better for most of the people. Are we at the end of the road? No, we are at the beginning. But a war, cold or hot, will not make things better about this, and it will certainly make things worse for a hundreds of millions chinese. So if your intention is to make things better, than the militaristic or even economic pressure just isn't rational.

And also, I mentioned that the US has no problem with Saudi Arabia. Saudi's de facto leader Mohammed bin Salman defended these camps.

Yes he probably defended camps because China buys a lot of Saudi oil.  Also China probably supplies Saudi Arabia weapons so they can bomb more food markets and schools in Yemen.

I believe US should stay out of most conflicts because apparently my country does more harm then good usually.  I don't mind seeing China or others try take role in policing world because they will probably fail just like we did.  Maybe not as bad.

Thing is your country would if it valued human life and the ideals it likes to force on others. But the US values only profit. Cold, ruthless, oligarchic Capitalism. I think New Zealand or some country like that should morally lead the world. They have a lot more credibility and people would actually take them seriously instead of having looks of confusion when it's citizens pretend like they live in a utopia with the best morals and rights,

Eagle367 said:
sethnintendo said:

Thing is your country would if it valued human life and the ideals it likes to force on others. But the US values only profit. Cold, ruthless, oligarchic Capitalism. I think New Zealand or some country like that should morally lead the world. They have a lot more credibility and people would actually take them seriously instead of having looks of confusion when it's citizens pretend like they live in a utopia with the best morals and rights,

Well there is a thing called the UN but it has no backbone.  UN peace keeping forces can hardly even keep peace anywhere. 

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Mnementh said:

The US cooperates with Saudi-Arabia and other dictatorships around the world. And I dunno - China has made much improvements for it's people over the past year. I would argue that life for the normal chinese citizen was never better in general. That doesn't mean everything is fine, but what I see is a lot of improvement for the people living in China. Isn't that what you want, a better life for the people at the bottom?

I'm not saying that it's all good, far from it. The US has a lot of issues. But it's not an authoritarian state like the others.

I don't know what is so good for the Chinese people, if you're talking about economic benefits sure. They had an economic boom. But in the last few years China has become more authoritarian, like implementing a 1984 esque social credit system. It's one of those things out of many that seem to look like a bad direction for that country.

I agree that there are bad things in China. But I disagree that these can be solved by conflict. On the contrary.

And life for the normal people in China got better. They would disagree with you. Their life in the 80s was much worse than it is today. So if the US implements sanctions or increases military pressure it will negatively affect the life of normal chinese citizens. And they will in this case not blame their government, but yours.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

sethnintendo said:
Mnementh said:

I don't think the world need policing. At least I don't think it is benefitial. And I don't want the Chinese government in the role as world police as well. Luckily so far they don't seem interested in the job.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Couldn't agree more with the thread creator Mnementh.
Cooperation is always better than conflict and mistrust. I can't believe some people here really believe the USA should go into a war with china lol.
What do you think a war between those countries today would look like? Do you think US would just win and china would be defeated and the problem would be solved.

A real war between the USA and china (and probably russia, leading to a ww3) could mean the end of todays modern society, even of humanity.

Mnementh said:
sethnintendo said:

I don't think the world need policing. At least I don't think it is benefitial. And I don't want the Chinese government in the role as world police as well. Luckily so far they don't seem interested in the job.

Well someone has to at least put up refugee camps to protect civilians fleeing civil war and violence.  That's what UN is supposed to do yet Europe still gets flooded with Syrian refugees.  Refugee camps should be temporary till nation's stand up and accept some but most nations are only willing to take on some not hundred of thousands.

As much of a pacifist I am in real life, sometimes a fight is needed to make things better.

Same could be said for countries and war. Wars are generally terrible, but if it saves more lives than it takes, then it is worth it. I support space exploration very heavily and the science involved with it. Most of the science would not have been possible without the Cold War.

Talking things out with China will probably lead to millions of deaths due to their regime, and then the war would come anyway after so many years.