By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

Throwing around the communist word around with China was always the first mistake any article could have made. They litteraly are in any sense of the word functioning around a capitalist economy. They don't live in an autocratic way that permits to attain full Independence. Yet, it's also an authoritarian force, employing nationalistic means to do so.

Anywoo, we do not need another war just to go justify someone gradual lost of ideological imperialism. That's f******* petty at this point.
Plz, do not try to assert any moral high ground.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Mnementh said:

Well, you can argue that the US is extremely nationalistic and aggressive in it's global politics and should be checked.

I'm gonna be very clear here, before this goes into whataboutisms. But if I had to choose between the three powers (China, Russia, the US) I would always without a doubt choose the US. My reasons, China has actual concentrations camps as we speak. In 2020. And Russia has a government that endorses this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0WHTlLwJIk

1. What has the video to do with your claims?

2. What do you think is Guantamo Bay?

3. I never claimed China or Russia are better than the US. But that is exactly the point of the article. You say: 'if I had to choose between the three powers', but the article claims (and I agree) that you shouldn't choose, but cooperate. Because that is masively better than another cold war.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 24 May 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

To be clear: it is not about what could be done or not done in China to make it a better country. It is about how to make a better world and the two concepts: cooperation or conflict. The article claims and I agree, that cooperation is better.

Or to tell it differently: that the western countries could get rid of fascism and improve the life of their citizen is not because the US got the atomic bomb, but because of the marshall plan.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

We are already in a cold war. Though I wouldn't call it that because it's a way too cool name for what is essentially just a bunch of countries being pussies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I just want a new LoD.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I've recently went from despising war and vehemently against it to being for a western vs eastern war, I can't see any other way to deal with China and continue our way of life. It's inevitable anyway, might as well het it out of the way now and have an economical boom after. China needs to go down... I mean, China numba wan!

People who want or demand a war should be the first in line fighting in one.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

John2290 said:
Peh said:

People who want or demand a war should be the first in line fighting in one.

I'd sign up for that fight. It's something worth dying for.

You won't benefit from it if you are dead. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

It's not another cold war.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theconversation.com/amp/us-china-relations-are-certainly-at-a-low-point-but-this-is-not-the-next-cold-war-117509

This article does a good job explaining it, but to sum it up this isn't nearly the same as the cold war where both US and Russia were threatening to take each other down for a global order. Hell there really isn't a winning scenario between sides when it comes to China and US. Its really just a lot of posturing to make conditions favorable for the other, it isn't nearly the fight for global dominance that US and USSR was. And despite rising tensions the two are incredibly reliant on one another as this pandemic has exploited and it would take years to decouple.

Ka-pi96 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Did the cold war actually ever end?

Considering the USSR ceased to exist... yes.

You can't have a "war" with a country that doesn't exist

But we have Russia and China now, the former is doing everything it can to weaken USA and EU and become again almost as powerful as USSR, for what regards military power, as even at its strongest USSR never had a chance to become the most powerful economy, while China is fighting a peaceful war to become the most powerful economy in the world. And both USA and EU gave it the weapons to fight, they thought to make it both a new market and a provider of cheap labour, but they were very shortsighted and China outsmarted both.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Peh said:
John2290 said:

I'd sign up for that fight. It's something worth dying for.

You won't benefit from it if you are dead. 

I was in an elite unit during military service, but I'm actually quite peaceful, and I always thought that in case of war a country morally acceptable shouldn't send to the first line war enthusiasts that so easily accept to be used by those that earn a shitload of money from wars, but the biggest shareholders of those companies and their closest relatives. I'm neither against capitalism, nor against weapons a priori, I'm not so naïf to think any peaceful country or citizen can always keep peace without weapons to deter thugs, but I think that a capitalist must always be the one that risks the most from his/her business both if it doesn't go well or if it creates a danger.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!