By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

Eagle367 said:
iron_megalith said:

The fuck are you saying? I'm talking about my country. US government took over my home country for a few decades and denied us total freedom to govern the country ourselves. It was arguable what kind of government we would have had if they didn't take over. Given the circumstance, it would have most likely been a militaristic authoritarian regime given the personal interest that the revolutionary fighters had.

Even under the rule of the Americans, our bright leaders at that time were able to play by the rules in most cases and rally to fight for that right. Relatively, it was less bloodshed compared to our past struggles. Eventually we were able to get it. If we were governed by authoritarian regimes, shit like this won't fly and there would have been another bloody revolution. 

Skip to present day, whatever the clusterfuck that happened that landed my country in the gutter was entirely on us. The citizens that run OUR OWN nation. I would rather have a fucked up present than having an authoritarian regime that makes us believe that we are under a "perfect" governance. So yes, the US government did in fact greatly influence our country to adapt a democratic government which is aligned to the western ideals.

Now with regards to whatever the fuck happened with Iraq is a different set of circumstances. Whether the US government was right on taking down Saddam is a grey area. However, nobody can deny that Saddam is a dangerous person that was increasingly becoming a global threat. If anyone says otherwise, I do not fucking want to talk about it nor argue about this braindead revisionist story that you're propagating.

Therein lies the problem. You all keep saying other are a global threat but fail to look at the highest global threat right in front of your eyes. The US is the biggest global threat right now and much more than China. It's laughable you think a small dictator was a bigger threat than the imperialist wet mongering Americans, Russians and the terrorism supporting Saudis. But I do agree with you. I'd rather we live in our own ways rather than what a super power deems perfect. That's why I won't choose China or the US. 

The US has taken the choice away from many nations like Iraq. And a foreign nation killing a dictator always makes things worse because no stabilizing power exists and it's always a bad choice. That's why Iraq sucks and slave markets exist in Libya because the most destructive elements take over. 

I refuse to confuse western ideals with the imperialist US either. The modern Western ideals are far and away from US ideals and ambitions. The US ambitions are dangerous just as CCP ones are.

I can't do shit if you can't read. I'm done with this argument.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Eagle367 said:

Therein lies the problem. You all keep saying other are a global threat but fail to look at the highest global threat right in front of your eyes. The US is the biggest global threat right now and much more than China. It's laughable you think a small dictator was a bigger threat than the imperialist wet mongering Americans, Russians and the terrorism supporting Saudis. But I do agree with you. I'd rather we live in our own ways rather than what a super power deems perfect. That's why I won't choose China or the US. 

The US has taken the choice away from many nations like Iraq. And a foreign nation killing a dictator always makes things worse because no stabilizing power exists and it's always a bad choice. That's why Iraq sucks and slave markets exist in Libya because the most destructive elements take over. 

I refuse to confuse western ideals with the imperialist US either. The modern Western ideals are far and away from US ideals and ambitions. The US ambitions are dangerous just as CCP ones are.

I can't do shit if you can't read. I'm done with this argument.

I agree. I can't deal with the framing that US is always good while everyone else is a threat in some ways.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Nighthawk117 said:
Eagle367 said:

Hong Kong is part of China. One nation 2 systems was the tagline. Tell me a nation that is only democratic because of the US being a super power?

They promised the UK 50 years on the tagline.  Ever heard of Germany and Japan after WW2?

Nations are not always the same.
It keeps changing.
American diplomacy after World War II was wonderful.
That's not the case now.

By the way, I have to say that I am fed up with the self portrait of China drawn by the Chinese media.
Every country has a certain level of narcissism, but it's not much different from North Korea in this respect.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
By the way, I have to say that I am fed up with the self portrait of China drawn by the Chinese media.
Every country has a certain level of narcissism, but it's not much different from North Korea in this respect.

That's how I feel about the US as well. And about my own country Pakistan. Especially the worship of the military.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

That's how I feel about the US as well. And about my own country Pakistan. Especially the worship of the military.

It ranges from laughable to downright dangerous.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

John2290 said:
The US is already in a Cold War with China wheter it is acknowledged or not. Give it a few weeks for this news cycle to fade out and the media to catch up and it's all they'll be talking about. I see a few outlets acknowledging it now and doing segments diving into it besides for Sky News Australia who were the only ones talking about it the last two or three months. Those latest restrictions by Trump have pretty much cemented it on the back of all the evidence since the move on Venezuelan leadership. Watch the South China Sea and watch it closely, that's where moves are being made most evidently, it's impossible to follow the cyber side of it but that is where the bulk is most likely to be taking place but we do get a few breaking stories in the media if your watching, they get scrubbed though like the story that came out about how China manipulated people in the US to be worked up about the virus through bots which was confirmed by intelligence in the US, just scrubbed like it didn't exist. Google is clearly working with the US Government on more than tech for the virus.

You literally just made that up. Not only is there cold war, but there's not even a trade embargo, the value of trade between the US and China annually is about 750 billion USD.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
John2290 said:
The US is already in a Cold War with China wheter it is acknowledged or not. Give it a few weeks for this news cycle to fade out and the media to catch up and it's all they'll be talking about. I see a few outlets acknowledging it now and doing segments diving into it besides for Sky News Australia who were the only ones talking about it the last two or three months. Those latest restrictions by Trump have pretty much cemented it on the back of all the evidence since the move on Venezuelan leadership. Watch the South China Sea and watch it closely, that's where moves are being made most evidently, it's impossible to follow the cyber side of it but that is where the bulk is most likely to be taking place but we do get a few breaking stories in the media if your watching, they get scrubbed though like the story that came out about how China manipulated people in the US to be worked up about the virus through bots which was confirmed by intelligence in the US, just scrubbed like it didn't exist. Google is clearly working with the US Government on more than tech for the virus.

Nope

Jumpin said:
Eagle367 said:

It ranges from laughable to downright dangerous.

And have you ever looked at Indian media? Oh my goodness the boot-licking that goes on is unbelievable. The ass kissing is off the charts in Indian media. There should be a thread of worldwide media just being overtly propagandists. Like all of them must have their moments. Countries like China, Pakistan, India and US are like that alot but I feel like Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iran and others must be like that as well no?

Leaving this here. If these were true, it would make no sense why Tedros, Bruce and other W.H.O. officials would praise China. It's not like China can infiltrate and influence organizations right? Nothing but US propaganda!

China delayed releasing coronavirus info, frustrating WHO

By The Associated Press June 2, 2020

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 07 June 2020