By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

Eagle367 said:
iron_megalith said:

Funny you use Taiwan when they had sent people to check Wuhan early on since they didn't trust the CCP's reports. They're smarter than the rest of the world due to the fact that they know how CCP will propagate lies in order to maintain a "positive" outlook on the regime's performance. CCP follows a creed of stability above all which means they will do anything to maintain their regime's power even if it means covering up a deadly pandemic that they themselves mishandled.

Stop blaming China for the incompetence of your own governments

Oof. Nice false dichotomy right there. Nothing in your statement helped your argument at all! I was having doubts of you being a CCP apologist but clearly you are. You can say all you want about US or some other country that you think did worse. China is in the spotlight because of CCPs incompetence. Everyone is callously saying this is China's fault when in fact it is the CCP. CCP is not China.

One is a country that used to cradle a lot of cultures. The other is an authoritarian regime whose legacy is going on a vendetta to burn its Country's history and heritage. Know the difference.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 28 May 2020

Around the Network

Nobody wants it, but it is inevitable.
Unless the western world, mainly USA and Europe, accepts China dominance, including the censorship and lack of democracy and freedom their interference in our way of life.
If the western world this this is ok, then well there is nothing to be done and let future generations judge us.
I would rather much live under the western way of life, despite all its problems, than china's.

iron_megalith said:
Eagle367 said:

Stop blaming China for the incompetence of your own governments

Oof. Nice false dichotomy right there. Nothing in your statement helped your argument at all! I was having doubts of you being a CCP apologist but clearly you are. You can say all you want about US or some other country that you think did worse. China is in the spotlight because of CCPs incompetence.

I understand the critic of the CCP because of human rights, but incompetence? Really? We talk about the country who has 3 deaths per million for COVID-19, despite being the country hit by it and having no initial knowledge about the illness. The US has hundred times the death rate, despite being hit months later. There is no question at all about which country was acting incompetent towards this health crisis.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
iron_megalith said:

Oof. Nice false dichotomy right there. Nothing in your statement helped your argument at all! I was having doubts of you being a CCP apologist but clearly you are. You can say all you want about US or some other country that you think did worse. China is in the spotlight because of CCPs incompetence.

I understand the critic of the CCP because of human rights, but incompetence? Really? We talk about the country who has 3 deaths per million for COVID-19, despite being the country hit by it and having no initial knowledge about the illness. The US has hundred times the death rate, despite being hit months later. There is no question at all about which country was acting incompetent towards this health crisis.

Yikes! If you are going to take any statistical data released and approves by CCP at face value, you are making a fool of yourself!

Just stop and think about what you're doing right now. You are blindly accepting information from a regime that still claims Tianenmen Massacre never happened. That's really ludicrous!

Take it as you will. Leaked documents claims that CCP is under reporting the virus in the early stages. 

https://youtu.be/XoMxG165_Rg

If you want to go into an argument as to why many people died in US, you are trying to pry information that doesn't exist yet. There are a lot more things that are unknown about the virus and this pandemic. Sweden took a very different approach and they still have relatively less deaths overall.

So even though Taiwan handled the pandemic really well, it doesn't mean that others can just follow what they did. But then again, how will other countries learn when CCP's influence blocks Taiwan from the W.H.O.? The same organization that called the few good calls of Trump unnecessary and racist.

You can try to twist things all you want but the it is undeniable that CCP is hiding information. It shows with how they responded to calls for independ investigation. Till this day, there is still no information about Patient 0. All we have are speculations.

iron_megalith said:
Mnementh said:

Yikes! If you are going to take any statistical data released by CCP at face value, you are making a fool of yourself. Just analyze yourself. You are blindly accepting information from a regime that still claims Tianenmen Massacre never happened.

Take it as you will. Leaked documents claims that CCP is under reporting the virus in the early stages. 

If you want to go into an argument as to why many people died in US, you're basically trying to pry information that doesn't exist yet. There are a lot more things that are unknown about the virus and this pandemic. Sweden took a very different approach and they still have relatively less deaths overall.

The only undeniable fact here is that CCP is hiding information. It shows with how they responded to calls for independ investigation. Till this day, there is still no information about Patient 0. All we have are speculations.

Bwahahaha, this post is so full of irony. You somehow base your claim of chinese incompetence on your belief, the CCP can hide 400.000 deaths. And to make it even better, you source your claim with New Tang Dynasty Television, which itself gives Epoch Times as source. So you give one of the most blatant providers of fake news as your source. That is so rich. I didn't know Wikipedia has added a section 'misinformation campaign on COVID-19' to the Epoch Times article. Apparently they gone so much in propaganda overdrive, that Wikipedia had to provide another section about that.

And to be clear, I don't believe the propaganda bullshit from the CCP. But that doesn't mean you have to believe a proven provider of lies and bullshit like Epoch Times and their associated outlets.

EDIT: Here a bit more of a read about Epoch Times: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/trump-qanon-impending-judgment-day-behind-facebook-fueled-rise-epoch-n1044121

Last edited by Mnementh - on 28 May 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
iron_megalith said:

Yikes! If you are going to take any statistical data released by CCP at face value, you are making a fool of yourself. Just analyze yourself. You are blindly accepting information from a regime that still claims Tianenmen Massacre never happened.

If you want to go into an argument as to why many people died in US, you're basically trying to pry information that doesn't exist yet. There are a lot more things that are unknown about the virus and this pandemic. Sweden took a very different approach and they still have relatively less deaths overall.

The only undeniable fact here is that CCP is hiding information. It shows with how they responded to calls for independ investigation. Till this day, there is still no information about Patient 0. All we have are speculations.

Bwahahaha, this post is so full of irony. You somehow base your claim of chinese incompetence on your belief, the CCP can hide 400.000 deaths. And to make it even better, you source your claim with New Tang Dynasty Television, which itself gives Epoch Times as source. So you give one of the most blatant providers of fake news as your source. That is so rich. I didn't know Wikipedia has added a section 'misinformation campaign on COVID-19' to the Epoch Times article. Apparently they gone so much in propaganda overdrive, that Wikipedia had to provide another section about that.

And to be clear, I don't believe the propaganda bullshit from the CCP. But that doesn't mean you have to believe a proven provider of lies and bullshit like Epoch Times and their associated outlets.

Ah there we go. "Fake news!" What's your good source then? State run media like CGTN?

There is something called critical thinking. Not every news article will be correct, hence why I said "Take it as you will".

And while you attacked that source, you still have not refuted the point I made that CCP is hiding information. You have not added anything worthwhile in this argument at all.

iron_megalith said:
Mnementh said:

Ah there we go. "Fake news!" What's your good source then? State run media like CGTN?

There is something called critical thinking. Not every news article will be correct, hence why I said "Take it as you will".

And while you attacked that source, you still have not refuted the point I made that CCP is hiding information. You have not added anything worthwhile in this argument at all.

Ma source is as you can see english Wikipedia and NBC. And you have to provide proof for your claim the CCP hides hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 related deaths.

Mnementh said:
iron_megalith said:

Ma source is as you can see english Wikipedia and NBC. And you have to provide proof for your claim the CCP hides hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 related deaths.

Ah yes. NBC is definitely impartial! Absolutely no bias! Just like CNN! Not like NTD, Epoch Times or even Fox! It's unheard of that a media will have biases to a degree! Good thing NBC is pure news! But certainly Wikipedia is the Bible of all accurate information! Definitely the best thesis reference of any thinking man!

It seems that you completely missed all the things I said because you are mentally filtering it. By the way, NTD is not the only one saying that the death toll could be higher than what CCP is reporting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/04/23/chinas-early-coronavirus-cases-may-have-been-four-times-higher-than-official-tally-new-study-suggests

But yeah! CCP figures that are also fed to W.H.O. are totally trustworthy! Definitely not hiding anything by blocking independent investigations! Nice talk. But there's clearly no point in arguing when you offered nothing to the table.

iron_megalith said:
Mnementh said:

Ah yes. NBC is definitely impartial! Just like CNN! Not like NTD! Or even Fox! But certainly Wikipedia is the Bible of all accurate information!

It seems that you completely missed all the things I said because you are mentally filtering it. By the way, NTD is not the only one saying that the death toll could be higher than what CCP is reporting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marleycoyne/2020/04/23/chinas-early-coronavirus-cases-may-have-been-four-times-higher-than-official-tally-new-study-suggests

But yeah! CCP figures that are also fed to W.H.O. are totally trustworthy! Nice talk. But there's clearly no point arguing when you offered nothing to the table.

Yeah, if you would read you would see that forbes is telling a different story than NTD. All countries have unidentified COVID-19 cases. In all countries the number is not reliable, a dark number is assumed that ranges between three or six times as much. China lies amidst that. All countries tended to adjust their criteria over time with more information.

But Forbes is talking about cases, not deaths, about four times as much cases, not 40 times as much deaths as NTD does. Deaths are a lot easier to recognize than infections, as a person dying is pretty obvious and there can only be discussion about the reason. There still is often a miscount of COVID-19 related deaths, for instance for Italy the number is estimated to be about double going by excess mortality. France, the UK and the US all added over 1000 deaths subsequentially to the statistics. There surely is some miscount in China too, but nobody in their right mind assumes 40 times as much deaths. So, to conclude it: the Forbes-articles does not at all support the outlandish claim by NTD/Epoch Times.

Mnementh said:
iron_megalith said:

Ah yes. NBC is definitely impartial! Just like CNN! Not like NTD! Or even Fox! But certainly Wikipedia is the Bible of all accurate information!

But yeah! CCP figures that are also fed to W.H.O. are totally trustworthy! Nice talk. But there's clearly no point arguing when you offered nothing to the table.

Yeah, if you would read you would see that forbes is telling a different story than NTD. All countries have unidentified COVID-19 cases. In all countries the number is not reliable, a dark number is assumed that ranges between three or six times as much. China lies amidst that. All countries tended to adjust their criteria over time with more information.

But Forbes is talking about cases, not deaths, about four times as much cases, not 40 times as much deaths as NTD does. Deaths are a lot easier to recognize than infections, as a person dying is pretty obvious and there can only be discussion about the reason. There still is often a miscount of COVID-19 related deaths, for instance for Italy the number is estimated to be about double going by excess mortality. France, the UK and the US all added over 1000 deaths subsequentially to the statistics. There surely is some miscount in China too, but nobody in their right mind assumes 40 times as much deaths. So, to conclude it: the Forbes-articles does not at all support the outlandish claim by NTD/Epoch Times.

Cases definitely doesn't equate to deaths. But that doesn't mean some deaths are not related to the case. Those are not mutually exclusive.

You and I will never know what the "true" figure is till an independent investigation happens. CCP has made it clear that it doesn't want to do that. It will only allow parties it trusts which are those that align with them.

So at this point, bringing up statistical figures of a regime with a very long track record of lying as "arguments" is a very brain dead move.

You can say what you want about NTD or Epoch Times "blowing it out of proportion". I clearly said "Take it as you will". In the end, nothing changed in this discussion. Your counter argument that CCP did not fuck this up holds no water in this discussion.

Meanwhile my initial argument is still supported by the actual actions of CCP. You cannot say they did not cause such a big problem for the rest of the world by withholding information as long as they can about the gravity of the pandemic. They imprisoned a doctor that tried to warn about a potential human to human transmission. Playing the race card when travel bans were set against them. Coercing W.H.O. to exclude Taiwan despite them having the best response. The list goes on.

For you, CCP clearly did nothing wrong and we should trust them!