By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

Nighthawk117 said:
Eagle367 said:

Oh my freaking goodness you can't. The Iraq war has killed more than a million people alone and the sole cause of that is the US. China has got nothing to do with it and it hasn't done anything as horrendous in the 21st century

Really? It is the source of the virus outbreak, and covered it up. That's far worse than the US overthrowing Saddam.

No it's not. Because that was known in late Jan to early Feb when things weren't as bad. The countries knew and they were incompetent to change things to stop the spread. Sorry but China is not solely responsible for the pandemic. And right now, the Iraq war is still much worse than a NATURAL pandemic that isn't the fault of one specific nation. The US is solely to blame for starting the Iraq war. Ni one can deny that.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Will Asians become more democratic and progressive when they come into contact with Westerners?
It hasn't sunk in yet.

Taiwan has moved from a one-party dictatorship to a democracy after Chiang Kai-sheks death. Japan was a fascist country in WW2 and has moved to become a democracy. South Korea was until the 80s a military dictatorship. I think the track record of soft influence is pretty good. In none of these countries the West imposed sanctions and none of these countries toppled the government violently to reach todays status.

The only downside: it takes decades.

Real change takes time and there is no quick fix. It;s always hard and it's always diplomacy and exporting decent values and interactions with the world. The more you interact with all sorts of nations, the less likely you are to start conflicts with them and the more open you become to all sorts of views. That's why sanctions and wars are the opposite and only do damage to countries. But western propaganda leads the people to believe wars and sanctions will solve anything.

John2290 said:
Eagle367 said:

Again, you are making it way more overblown with propaganda and the social credit system is bad but not as bad as you are making it out to be. Plus you are way too much focusing on exceptions to the rule in the US. In general, the por are getting poorer and the wealth income gap is increasing. Your scenario is rare and extremely difficult to accomplish. The system in the US is rigged against working people

Head to China, well. Hell, head to an Eastern European country or south American country. You don't know how good you have it and ya may will get to see what you're now taking for granted come the depression. Wake up. 

The US screwed up South America do you pointing to it as a bad example is all kinds of funny. But I would suggest you take your own advice and bead to China. For me, both countries are evil and I would much rather Canada, Netherlands, Finland, New Zealand, etc lead the world because they are leading the world in things that matter and actually can back up what they say unlike the big talk of US and UK.

Nighthawk117 said:
Eagle367 said:

Honestly the portal of the evil chinese is hilarious in this thread. A lot is pure be propaganda. It's honestly Red Scare 2: Electric Bugaloo. China is evil and you don't need to go down slippery slopes to say they are so damn scary. The treatment of Uyughurs is horrendous for example. But it's a weird laughable thing. Oh China will make the world Orwellian. Oh China will control when and how you poop. Oh China will stare at you while you sleep. Oh China will put monitoring equipment in your pets. Oh China will make the moon into one big camera. Oh China will tell you who to marry. Oh China will name every kid themselves and it will be numbers instead of names, Oh China will create a life book for everyone to tell them how their life will pan out. Oh China will slap you when you talk back to your parents. Oh China will tell you to clean your room or you're in big trouble mister.

Look, it's your choice if you choose to drink the Kool-aid of the CCP. As for me, I just want to see Huawei burn to the ground. That alone is satisfaction enough.

I called China evil and called it one of the biggest threats to world peace after US, Israel, Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't see how that's drinking any kool-aid. Also Huawei is awesome and the best smartphone hardware maker. I'm using one right now. I hope it provides competition to the duopoly of IOS and Android as well someday.

Eagle367 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Look, it's your choice if you choose to drink the Kool-aid of the CCP. As for me, I just want to see Huawei burn to the ground. That alone is satisfaction enough.

I called China evil and called it one of the biggest threats to world peace after US, Israel, Russia and Saudi Arabia. I don't see how that's drinking any kool-aid. Also Huawei is awesome and the best smartphone hardware maker. I'm using one right now. I hope it provides competition to the duopoly of IOS and Android as well someday.

If you are fine with being spied on, which let's be honest happens everywhere at this point, at least think twice feeding info to CCP. No matter how good a company is, being tied to the CCP throws away all its merit.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Eagle367 said:

If you are fine with being spied on, which let's be honest happens everywhere at this point, at least think twice feeding info to CCP. No matter how good a company is, being tied to the CCP throws away all its merit.

Sorry but I'd rather the CCP than CIA and NSA. The US can get me anywhere unlike China and based on lies. Just look at what they did to Julian Assange. 

I'm sorry but I don't see China as that much bug if a boogeyman because I've seen the horrors of US and UK in my own area and I know China ain't nothing special but a rising super power like the previous ones. 

Nighthawk117 said:
Eagle367 said:

Oh my freaking goodness you can't. The Iraq war has killed more than a million people alone and the sole cause of that is the US. China has got nothing to do with it and it hasn't done anything as horrendous in the 21st century

Really? It is the source of the virus outbreak, and covered it up. That's far worse than the US overthrowing Saddam.

The governments of Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, New Zealand and Australia must be psychic then. Because despite the 'cover up' they took early and decisive measures to stop the virus.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

iron_megalith said:
Eagle367 said:

If you think CCP doesn't have that kind of reach, you're fooling yourself. You have no idea how bad the situation is in some third world countries like the Philippines. Even Universities in first world countries are not safe with Confucius Institute acting as an extension of CCP's control in silencing pro democracy and human rights activists aimed against the CCPs regime.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 27 May 2020

Mnementh said:
Nighthawk117 said:

The governments of Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Japan, New Zealand and Australia must be psychic then. Because despite the 'cover up' they took early and decisive measures to stop the virus.

Funny you use Taiwan when they had sent people to check Wuhan early on since they didn't trust the CCP's reports. They're smarter than the rest of the world due to the fact that they know how CCP will propagate lies in order to maintain a "positive" outlook on the regime's performance. CCP follows a creed of stability above all which means they will do anything to maintain their regime's power even if it means covering up a deadly pandemic that they themselves mishandled.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 27 May 2020

iron_megalith said:
Mnementh said:

Funny you use Taiwan when they had sent people to check Wuhan early on since they didn't trust the CCP's reports. They're smarter than the rest of the world due to the fact that they know how CCP will propagate lies in order to maintain a "positive" outlook on the regime's performance. CCP follows a creed of stability above all which means they will do anything to maintain their regime's power even if it means covering up a deadly pandemic that they themselves mishandled.

Stop blaming China for the incompetence of your own governments