By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

It is really sad Trump is in office during these hard times.

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
iron_megalith said:

And there we go again. The US does it argument. You are free to conduct your own research friend. Good luck doing the same thing under CCP rule.

Well China doesn't invade or use it's intelligence agencies to commit coups and wars in the middle east and south America either. So US is worse internationally while China domestically. And US also got to Julian Assange and whistle blowers for them exposing US war crimes and evils. So if you have any influential enough voice, the US is coming for you as well. 

And if CCP had the power to do so they would do so. Just look at Hong Kong right now? Oh right. Never happened. It's just CCP purging destabilizers. Citizens of Hong Kong are just stubborn pricks that whine too much. Who needs democracy? :D

Also, your beloved CCP is also killing a lot of fishermen's livelihood due to their aggressive stance in the "South China" Sea with their shitty 9 dash line claim. Good thing they have friends in South East Asia that are buddy buddy with Xi and will gladly sell their country's sovereignty.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 28 May 2020

Eagle367 said:
iron_megalith said:

And there we go again. The US does it argument. You are free to conduct your own research friend. Good luck doing the same thing under CCP rule.

Well China doesn't invade or use it's intelligence agencies to commit coups and wars in the middle east and south America either. So US is worse internationally while China domestically. And US also got to Julian Assange and whistle blowers for them exposing US war crimes and evils. So if you have any influential enough voice, the US is coming for you as well. 

Eagle, quit playing both sides of the aisle for cryin' out loud.  Pick a side. 

Which country is more in line with political correctness/ethics in the eyes of the world: USA or China? (and Hong Kong is watching).

JapaneseGamesLover said:

Why say you? Would you be happier if it was Hillary?

Nighthawk117 said:
Eagle367 said:

Eagle, quit playing both sides of the aisle for cryin' out loud.  Pick a side. 

Which country is more in line with political correctness/ethics in the eyes of the world: USA or China? (and Hong Kong is watching).

The correct answer to that is no. There isn't a side to pick. Screw both of em and throw in Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, UK and North Korea as well. One is a raging oligarchy that war profiteers around the world and the other is an authoritarian control freak that tries to dictate every aspect of the lives of it's own citizens. One has imprisoned millions in reeducation camps and the other has imprisoned millions due to a broken criminal justice system and has killed millions to make profits off of war and to control the petrodollar and make sure it stays the standard. I'm not in the business of picking the lesser of two evils. 

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 29 May 2020

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Eagle367 said:

And if CCP had the power to do so they would do so. Just look at Hong Kong right now? Oh right. Never happened. It's just CCP purging destabilizers. Citizens of Hong Kong are just stubborn pricks that whine too much. Who needs democracy? :D

Also, your beloved CCP is also killing a lot of fishermen's livelihood due to their aggressive stance in the "South China" Sea with their shitty 9 dash line claim. Good thing they have friends in South East Asia that are buddy buddy with Xi and will gladly sell their country's sovereignty.

I can't judge countries on what they might do, only what they have done and I stand by my statement. The US has been at it for centuries. If you look at China's history even before the CCP, when was the last time they did any of these sorts of things? You are right what China is doing in Hong Kong is horrendous and I stand with Hong Kong just like I stand with Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria and any nation being terrorized by The Empire. And let's not pretend US even gives pretend democracy to all it's regions. You know all the places that cannot vote even though they are part of the US like American Samoa.

Look the thing is, you're all in a delusion that this is about good and bad, it's not. It's about bad and bad. I know both sides are shitty. Stop pretending one side has the moral superiority to judge what to do with the other side and base it on a moral decision. It's not gonna be a moral decision. It's gonna be one made looking at what benefits they can selfishly get. For the US, it'll be about how their oligarchs can make more money off of world war 3. And I don't think China wants war anyways. At least not right now.

So pick your poison cause I won't. But you all seem to have a problem with me pointing out that you are drinking poison either way.

Nighthawk117 said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

Why say you? Would you be happier if it was Hillary?

Yes, he has mishandled corona virus and now this issue with police brutality. He is not for this role, literally ANYONE would do better than him.

Eagle367 said:
iron_megalith said:

I can't judge countries on what they might do, only what they have done and I stand by my statement. The US has been at it for centuries. If you look at China's history even before the CCP, when was the last time they did any of these sorts of things? You are right what China is doing in Hong Kong is horrendous and I stand with Hong Kong just like I stand with Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria and any nation being terrorized by The Empire. And let's not pretend US even gives pretend democracy to all it's regions. You know all the places that cannot vote even though they are part of the US like American Samoa.

Look the thing is, you're all in a delusion that this is about good and bad, it's not. It's about bad and bad. I know both sides are shitty. Stop pretending one side has the moral superiority to judge what to do with the other side and base it on a moral decision. It's not gonna be a moral decision. It's gonna be one made looking at what benefits they can selfishly get. For the US, it'll be about how their oligarchs can make more money off of world war 3. And I don't think China wants war anyways. At least not right now.

So pick your poison cause I won't. But you all seem to have a problem with me pointing out that you are drinking poison either way.

Are you that blind or just completely ignorant about it?

They're already doing some of the things you're saying the US government is doing. You think China is not doing any ethnic cleansing in their backyard? Read up on the things going on in Xinjiang where ethnic minorities are sent to """re-education""" camps. Not to mention there have been allegations that these detainees may also be used for China's already questionable Organ Transplant industry.

US government has definitely done some fucked up shit. If you're telling me this, you're preaching to the fucking choir. My home country was the recipient of their imperialistic rule at some point. However, never would I side with CCP just so I can stand up against US government's previous atrocities.

One of the best things western ideals has given us is to speak out our minds. You and I are enjoying this freedom at this very moment. You're free to call them out for their shit. If you make a loud enough noise and back it up with actions, changes can happen. In CCP's rule, none of that shit is allowed if it's aimed at their principles or if it questions their authority. It's no brainier that I would chose the side that at least let's people get a chance to take a hold of their destiny.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 29 May 2020

Eagle367 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
Nobody wants it, but it is inevitable.
Unless the western world, mainly USA and Europe, accepts China dominance, including the censorship and lack of democracy and freedom their interference in our way of life.
If the western world this this is ok, then well there is nothing to be done and let future generations judge us.
I would rather much live under the western way of life, despite all its problems, than china's.

Sorry but the US isn't the paragon of freedom you all make it to be, it's a paragon of Imperialism and war. I'm tired of the entirety of the west being weighed down by the evils of the US. Sorry but the western way of life isn't a monolith. It's a hodgepodge of good and bad. The US, UK, France, Australia and Germany have many of the bad but Germany has become much better. The others are bogged down by the war mongering, imperialism, and superiority complex of these powerful nations. I would love the western way if you mean Canada, Norway, New Zealand, etc and I don't really want the authoritarianism, austerity, manufactured consent, imperialism and oligarchy of the US regimes. I don't want China's or Russia's world either.

But we all know we're gonna be stuck under either China or the US and it's about dick measuring and which authority stomps on global human rights. So I would much rather have peace than world war 3. The middle east, africa and south America have already suffered a lot because of the hegemony of the US and UK before it, with a little bit of French flavour so just imagine what we all would suffer in a world war? 

I choose peace over war any day and war doesn't help in changing ideologies, interaction of cultures, views and minds is what changes things for the better. Diplomacy over war any day.

God... I don't even know where to start with all that "imperialism" talk. Blah Blah Blah

I dont either love or hate US. They are just the hegemonic power at the moment, and as just as any other during history, it will resort to all means to stay in power. Just like any other in the past. ANY. You want to hate america, alright , go for it if it makes you feel better somehow.

If china becomes the dominant power it will do the same or worse. Probably worse. The same goes for Russia.

But as I said, I much rather have someone dominating me that respects my sexuality, religion, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy and etc than a power that will shut it all down and install a black mirror version of the world.

At least USA can be criticized, people can go to the streets,  presidents can be changed, you can worship the flying spaghetti god and participate on a trans midget furry orgy without being arrested.

You think USA is bad? Just wait for China then.

Anyway, I'm totally against a war but it seems inevitable. Is the west just accepts everything china is doing, they will be dominated and crushed economically and culturally, probably even losing territory and our life will be miserable. Or the west does not accept, gets their factories out of China which will then make China retaliate against an ally, thus creating a war.

My hope is the west can be smart, get the factories out of there, tax them, and if they retaliate against taiwan or hong kong, let it be. If nobody gets involved it will be peaceful. And their economic downturn might generate a change in command.  

iron_megalith said:
Eagle367 said:

Are you that blind or just completely ignorant about it?

They're already doing some of the things you're saying the US government is doing. You think China is not doing any ethnic cleansing in their backyard? Read up on the things going on in Xinjiang where ethnic minorities are sent to """re-education""" camps. Not to mention there have been allegations that these detainees may also be used for China's already questionable Organ Transplant industry.

US government has definitely done some fucked up shit. If you're telling me this, you're preaching to the fucking choir. My home country was the recipient of their imperialistic rule at some point. However, never would I side with CCP just so I can stand up against US government's previous atrocities.

One of the best things western ideals has given us is to speak out our minds. You and I are enjoying this freedom at this very moment. You're free to call them out for their shit. If you make a loud enough noise and back it up with actions, changes can happen. In CCP's rule, none of that shit is allowed if it's aimed at their principles or if it questions their authority. It's no brainier that I would chose the side that at least let's people get a chance to take a hold of their destiny.

Again, stop confusing western ideals with imperialist US. The US never gave anything to the middle east, Africa and South America where they invaded. Ni western ideals transferred due to the hegemony of the US nor were they protected. Whether it's chinese rule or US rule, the countries with democracy and freedoms will still have them. They have them regardless of the super power. And China won't affect that. If super powers had any affect on that, then countries would be a lot more oligarchic than they are. I don't agree with the notion that a change in hegemony will affect that.