By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I already own all 3D Mario games though so a re-release of them is completely worthless to me.

All I want is some new releases to get excited about, but nothing's on the horizon.

So you'd rather Mario 128, Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2? 

I only played Galaxy 1 once and never played Galaxy 2 or Sunshine. I do hope they are remastered with improved graphics. 

The rumor also mentions a new Paper Mario. 

I'm not interested in Paper Mario but I'd sell my freaking soul for Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not interested in Paper Mario but I'd sell my freaking soul for Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2.

I don't mind rereleases, especially if we get a new 3D Mario game in 2021. 

It's like Halo MCC with Halo 5 a year later. 

I'd rather like something to play this year though. I still don't have a single dated game to look forward to.

I would love to see a new 2D Super Mario game with a new art style.

I loved New Super Mario Bros. U, but I want some different graphics.

buldling everything on ONE kart would seem cheap by nintendo standerds, although they HAVE done this once before with all stars+world on the SNES, but then again that was on the SNES, where they were competing with another company doing almost the same strategy as them(lots of qualityfirst party IPs) so they went full steam.
realistically(and also because an HD remake would take up a LOT of space so saving money on that front) this is what I expect:
a new mario game for the switch.
SM64(DS) definitive + sunshine
SM galaxy ultimate, perhaps merging the story and levels into one cohesive game in this case.
3D land+world
all realeses scatterd across the latter half of the year. sunshine/64 dropping in july, galaxy dropping in spetember, the new game droping in november, and 3d land/world dropping in january.

thetonestarr said:
TomaTito said:

Not interested in more ports, remasters or remakes.

Let's see if there is a new Paper Mario or a new 2D Mario or a new Mario Kart.

Rumor has it we're getting everything you just mentioned.

thetonestarr said:
Though honestly, I think we need a new Dr. Mario the most right now...

You would think they should have released it last year, after the mobile version.

What has Arika been doing these past years? Ah yes, Tetris 99.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

What are the chances it will be a collection of titles on various carts?
Trying to avoid buying singular ported Switch games that were released on Wii U... But a collection can change my mind.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

If true, I hope one of them is Super Mario Sunshine (with added gyrocontrols for Fludd) as I've been wanting to replay that game for some time.

I certainly hope it's true.

64 and Sunshine have not aged particularly well, especially 64. Neither one is terrible, but they certainly are not on the same level of quality in 2020 as they were in 1996 and 2002. Those two games could really use some remaking here and there and modernization. Also some extra levels, power stars, and shine sprites wouldn't hurt. (And can we get an actual reward that's worth a damn this time for Sunshine? FUCK that postcard!)

As for Galaxy 1 & 2, just give it that glorious HD makeover, and maybe add a few new galaxies while they're at it. The rest of the game's mechanics should stay as is... And Do. Not. Touch. The Soundtrack! That soundtrack is perfect the way it is! Leave it alone!

3D World - Basically the same as Galaxy 1 & 2, minus the HD makeover since it's already in HD. But there are some issues with pop-up that they can fix.

trunkswd said:
SpokenTruth said:
Remember those fan made Mario 64 games/demos in Unreal Engine 4? Would be interesting if Nintendo does it themselves.

I highly doubt that. All I see them doing is making it 1080p (and widescreen) and some other minor improvements like better lighting. Though, I'd love to be proven wrong and get a full remake of Mario 64.

Well they already did a remake of 64 in Super Mario 64 DS so why not another one with Odyssey engine in 60fps

Ngl I'm not that excited for it. I love Mario games, but I've played most of them already and even if they have a high replay value I will soon become sick of the gameplay if a play that many titles in a raw

I'll probably buy one of his titles and ignore the other for some time/years to avoid the boredom of playing Mario games over and over

I expect Nintendo to release another triple A game in the end of the year to balance this overload of Mario's remakes