Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

the-pi-guy said:
CaptainExplosion said:

This has to be an April Fool's joke. Why else would it be announced just two days before April Fool's?

It wasn't announced. This is just a bunch of very credible rumors.   

Credible or not, I still don't believe them.

Around the Network

Oh snap! Very exciting if true. For me, Mario IS my gaming origins, Maro Bros/Duck Hunt was the very first game I've ever played, and still love the series to this day (less so on the 3D front but still enjoy it). So much potential for this.

One way Nintendo could handle this which I think could be awesome would be to have 2 or 3 separate "Mario All-Star" bundles - one with the older 3D titles (Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxies, 3D World), one with classic 2D games, and maybe even one with the handheld games remastered and given the Zelda: Link to the Past Treatment. One of the most underrated/overlooked Mario games for me was Mario Land 2: 6 Gold Coins. Remember playing my dad's copy on his old Game Boy and really enjoying it. I've also been looking at an excuse to play Mario Sunshine again, as it's been like 18 years since I picked it up, and I have always felt like it's one of my least favorite Mario titles, but I feel it's high time I give it another chance. That game also screams HD remake. 

One thing that's unclear that I'm really curious about is if we're just talking up-ressed graphics and maybe a bit of new content or full-blown remake. Either way should be awesome, assuming it's true!

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

So that's what they meant by port/remaster heavy year ... Though I'm not complaining, I'd likely get the Mario Galaxy games !

Though, just give an actual new 2D Mario game which changes the "New" wheel plz.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I don't know if this has been said here, but Emily Rogers made a tweet one or two weeks ago on her expectations for Switch this year.
One of those was "it's a good year to be a plumber"
Guess she's right?!

I really hope she is!
I want Mario 64, Galaxy, Mario 3D World and Sunshine!

To be honest, one of the things i always wanted, even before Switch was announced as such, was a Super Mario Bros 4 (old school, not the "New" type of game) - or should it be Super Mario Bros 5?.
Will my dream come true? I really hope so! :D

DélioPT said:

I don't know if this has been said here, but Emily Rogers made a tweet one or two weeks ago on her expectations for Switch this year.
One of those was "it's a good year to be a plumber"
Guess she's right?!

It's the 35th anniversary year of Mario and Nintendo did release something for the 25th anniversary, that was not hard to guess

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-more-talk-about-mario-re-releases-on-switch-paper-mario-returning-to-series-roots/

Here's a rumor about the rumor. A rumor squared I guess.

According to the rumor squared, the 3D Mario games will be released in as an All Stars compilation, minus 3D World which would be a stand alone. Paper Mario will be more a return to the traditional style.

Good news if true and it seems to make sense. I can't imagine Nintendo releasing 300 dollars worth of remakes/remasters within six months, so some of them would have to be compiled somehow. With the Mario and Luigi franchise likely (and thankfully tbh) done for a little while, it makes sense for Paper Mario to be a more traditional RPG.

JWeinCom said:
https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-more-talk-about-mario-re-releases-on-switch-paper-mario-returning-to-series-roots/

Here's a rumor about the rumor. A rumor squared I guess.

According to the rumor squared, the 3D Mario games will be released in as an All Stars compilation, minus 3D World which would be a stand alone. Paper Mario will be more a return to the traditional style.

Good news if true and it seems to make sense. I can't imagine Nintendo releasing 300 dollars worth of remakes/remasters within six months, so some of them would have to be compiled somehow. With the Mario and Luigi franchise likely (and thankfully tbh) done for a little while, it makes sense for Paper Mario to be a more traditional RPG.

I hope the 3D Mario All Stars compilation is true. $60 for Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2 is an amazing deal. Especially if they are remastered. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

A 5 cart collectors edition be cool lol

TBH they could probably fit all the games on one from previous consoles

Sounds like a very good deal. But, I kind of worry about the quality of the remasters. I was kind of hoping we'd get xenoblade definitive edition quality of remake for galaxy and sunshine. Hopefully I'll be surprised.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Remember those fan made Mario 64 games/demos in Unreal Engine 4? Would be interesting if Nintendo does it themselves.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."