By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

Vodacixi said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Cmon now, just look at NSMBUD then look at Kirby Star Allies, they're clearly not the same tier.

So what does that have to do with my post? You could have said that without quoting me, but since you did, I didn't say whether it was or wasn't more solid than the direct rumor as that's completely irrelevant. I get it, you don't like that I called you out before, but replying to me with useless nothings isn't gonna accomplish much.

Both series are known for being copy-pastes of the previous entries, with Kirby being slightly better in the visual department.

This is Planet Robotot on the 3DS:

This is Triple Deluxe, also on the 3DS:

This is Return to Dreamland on Wii:

It's not just about the graphics though. Kirby has been without significant changes since RtD. Why? Because just like 2D Mario, it's easier and cheaper to just keep doing small and cheap "copies" and sell them at full retail price than actually putting time, effort and money to make a better game that will make less money.

All these cheap to do games that sell at 60 dolars (2D Marios, Pokémon, Kirby games, Wii U ports, etc...) are the ones that pay the bills... and they also fund the bigger developements that don't make nearly as much money, but are necesary to keep fans happy and the brand relevant.

2D Mario won't change for the better because that would imply spending more money on it. And they don't want to do that.

I guess we're going to ignore the changes in the franchise from RTD to Star Allies (Hyper Nova, Robots, Dream Allies, etc) and we're also going to ignore games that are actually very different (Mario Maker, Mass Attack, Epic Yarn, Rainbow Curse, Blowout  Blast).

It's a no-win situation.  If you don't change it enough you're making a "cheap copy".  When you make actually make a lot of changes, it's too different and doesn't count as part of the series. 

Around the Network

Knowing Nintendo these remasters or ports are gonna be way overpriced. I'd pick up a HD Galaxy + Galaxy2 double feature for $40, but that ain't gonna happen. Still waiting for a brand new 2D Mario game on Switch, a reset, not something in the "New" series.

I'll be picking up SM64 for sure. Also want to try out Galaxy and Sunshine.