By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

Fallawful said:
SKMBlake said:

Well Mario Maker was the 30th anniversary celebration, a brand new game which can allow you to make your own Super Mario game, that's pretty big to me.

This is like a children's birthday party where you go and the party is that you pay to make your own sandwiches. 

ftfy

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Well, today's April Fool's, and I'm already prepared for these rumors to be bogus.

Any updates?

well that news was already out before 1. april. but still I think it's only a rumor.

This is probably a pipe dream, but I'd love to see this supposed 3D Mario package come with a full-on remake of Mario 64. Sunshine perhaps isn't worth the effort and the Galaxies are pretty enough already that just an upres and maybe a bit of tweaking is probably enough. But I'd love to see something similar to the Crash Bandicoot revamp done to this game. For my money anyway, it's still the best 3D Mario title (with Odyssey a close second) so it deserves a proper sprucing up.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

trunkswd said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
This is probably a pipe dream, but I'd love to see this supposed 3D Mario package come with a full-on remake of Mario 64. Sunshine perhaps isn't worth the effort and the Galaxies are pretty enough already that just an upres and maybe a bit of tweaking is probably enough. But I'd love to see something similar to the Crash Bandicoot revamp done to this game. For my money anyway, it's still the best 3D Mario title (with Odyssey a close second) so it deserves a proper sprucing up.

That would be my dream remake - Mario 64. Galaxy I'd be fine with a collection of the two games with minor improvements and the ability to play without motion controls. 

While I doubt they will, they should remake 64 DS instead.  An all around improvement, and I'd love to play the game with actual analog controls.  

trunkswd said:
JWeinCom said:

While I doubt they will, they should remake 64 DS instead.  An all around improvement, and I'd love to play the game with actual analog controls.  

I never played 64 DS as I never owned a DS. From what I know it adds Luigi, Wario and Yoshi as playable characters and new stars? 

Yes.  Also a kind of basic but fun multiplayer mode, and a few added levels (each character is unlocked through a boss battle in a new world). 

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
JWeinCom said:

Yes.  Also a kind of basic but fun multiplayer mode, and a few added levels (each character is unlocked through a boss battle in a new world). 

That could be interesting if they remade that. Though, what I'd like to see is Nintendo remake the game from top to bottom and increase the size of all the levels to be more like Odyssey. So you when you collect a star you don't leave the painting. Basically had several times more stars per level. 

Eh... I would not really be down for that. If you're going to go with Odyssey style gameplay, you're better off just designing levels from scratch that are designed for that kind of thing.  Otherwise, you're shoving an Odyssey shaped peg into a 64 shaped hole, and you have something that would be less appealing than either an odyssey sequel or a 64 remake to their respective markets.

"3D Mario All-Stars" has a good ring to it.
Collection of all the 3D Mario games.

SNES style. I would buy into that.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I know people want them all in one cartridge, but I'd only want to play Sunshine so I'd like to be able to buy it stand alone. While this rumor makes sense and is believable, I ain't putting much stock in it, we're still waiting for that Metroid Prime collection after all.

On one hand, I'm in. I would like to replay Sunshine and the Galaxy games on my Switch and could let my girlfriend play them to get her more into this sort of games. I watched a video of Sunshine running in 1080p 60fps with high-res textures and the game looked very modern. Sounds like a good idea to me. So that's the good part.

On the other hand I still can't believe how much Nintendo is neglecting 2D Mario. It's absolutely baffling. 3D Mario gets a collection, a 3D World remake and Odyssey and all 2D Mario gets is a port of New Super Mario Bros. U and ports for NSO? I hope they'll also have a great new 2D Mario game ready. And I don't mean another copy-paste "New" Super Mario Bros. game but an actual new one. One with better world-building than "grassland, desert, beach, ice, jungle, mountain, clouds, fire" in this exact order.

It's the same story with "Switch Sports". They are even putting bowling into the Clubhouse games collection, but a full-fledged title? Nope! 

Louie said:

On one hand, I'm in. I would like to replay Sunshine and the Galaxy games on my Switch and could let my girlfriend play them to get her more into this sort of games. I watched a video of Sunshine running in 1080p 60fps with high-res textures and the game looked very modern. Sounds like a good idea to me. So that's the good part.

On the other hand I still can't believe how much Nintendo is neglecting 2D Mario. It's absolutely baffling. 3D Mario gets a collection, a 3D World remake and Odyssey and all 2D Mario gets is a port of New Super Mario Bros. U and ports for NSO? I hope they'll also have a great new 2D Mario game ready. And I don't mean another copy-paste "New" Super Mario Bros. game but an actual new one. One with better world-building than "grassland, desert, beach, ice, jungle, mountain, clouds, fire" in this exact order.

It's the same story with "Switch Sports". They are even putting bowling into the Clubhouse games collection, but a full-fledged title? Nope! 

3D Mario isn't getting anything yet though.