Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Actually no, this makes me very sad and worried.

As a Switch owner I am sick and tired of having rehashed old rope thrown in my face when I want fresh new games.

The Switch's lineup for this year continues to look worse and worse.

I'm quite happy for a 3D Mario All Stars collection as 3D Mario IMO is Nintendo at its best. At least when it comes to Mario 64, Galaxy and Odyssey. 

I already own all 3D Mario games though so a re-release of them is completely worthless to me.

All I want is some new releases to get excited about, but nothing's on the horizon.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm quite happy for a 3D Mario All Stars collection as 3D Mario IMO is Nintendo at its best. At least when it comes to Mario 64, Galaxy and Odyssey. 

I already own all 3D Mario games though so a re-release of them is completely worthless to me.

All I want is some new releases to get excited about, but nothing's on the horizon.

So you'd rather Mario 128, Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2? 

I only played Galaxy 1 once and never played Galaxy 2 or Sunshine. I do hope they are remastered with improved graphics. 

The rumor also mentions a new Paper Mario. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I only played Galaxy 1 once and never played Galaxy 2 or Sunshine. I do hope they are remastered with improved graphics. 

I'm not interested in Paper Mario but I'd sell my freaking soul for Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I'm not interested in Paper Mario but I'd sell my freaking soul for Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2.

I don't mind rereleases, especially if we get a new 3D Mario game in 2021. 

It's like Halo MCC with Halo 5 a year later. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I don't mind rereleases, especially if we get a new 3D Mario game in 2021. 

It's like Halo MCC with Halo 5 a year later. 

I'd rather like something to play this year though. I still don't have a single dated game to look forward to.

I would love to see a new 2D Super Mario game with a new art style.

I loved New Super Mario Bros. U, but I want some different graphics.

buldling everything on ONE kart would seem cheap by nintendo standerds, although they HAVE done this once before with all stars+world on the SNES, but then again that was on the SNES, where they were competing with another company doing almost the same strategy as them(lots of qualityfirst party IPs) so they went full steam.
realistically(and also because an HD remake would take up a LOT of space so saving money on that front) this is what I expect:
a new mario game for the switch.
SM64(DS) definitive + sunshine
SM galaxy ultimate, perhaps merging the story and levels into one cohesive game in this case.
3D land+world
all realeses scatterd across the latter half of the year. sunshine/64 dropping in july, galaxy dropping in spetember, the new game droping in november, and 3d land/world dropping in january.

thetonestarr said:
TomaTito said:

Not interested in more ports, remasters or remakes.

Let's see if there is a new Paper Mario or a new 2D Mario or a new Mario Kart.

Rumor has it we're getting everything you just mentioned.

thetonestarr said:
Though honestly, I think we need a new Dr. Mario the most right now...

You would think they should have released it last year, after the mobile version.

What has Arika been doing these past years? Ah yes, Tetris 99.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

What are the chances it will be a collection of titles on various carts?
Trying to avoid buying singular ported Switch games that were released on Wii U... But a collection can change my mind.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--