By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Titles to be released on Switch for Mario's 35th Anniversary

RolStoppable said:
SKMBlake said:

Or just, you know, make some researches on how the joycons actually works

I know how it works and I explained as much. What's funny is that the first Google search result concerns World of Goo which you showed off here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6a8mqd/when_using_a_joycon_as_a_pointer_it_constantly/

The guy asks why the pointer drifts so much and needs to be recalibrated so often. It's for the exact reason that I mentioned in this thread.

Well if a little indie developer team can handle this, I'm pretty sure some people in Japan, namely Nintendo devs, can also handle this, and maybe even better

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

The right joycon has an ir emitter too so reflective tape can work as reference points as seen in Labo. The camera is only 30fps whereas Wii's was 60fps and every demo of the joycon ir camera shows noticeable lag.

That's cool and all, but not applicable to a Super Mario Galaxy port because the Joy-Con will be held in a different manner than its usage in Labo.

Just buy another joycon.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

RolStoppable said:
SKMBlake said:

Well if a little indie developer team can handle this, I'm pretty sure some people in Japan, namely Nintendo devs, can also handle this, and maybe even better

I get the impression that you still didn't read the explanation in the post of mine that you initially quoted. The way the technology works means that Nintendo can't do it any better either, because motion controls for a pointer mean that there are no permanent reference points that keep the cursor where it should be at all times. That's why IR aiming is so vastly superior, because it comes with much higher accuracy and without the need to recalibrate the cursor multiple times per minute.

I get the impression that you didn't read the explanation in the post of mine that you're quoting.

-The technology exists (and it is far superior to the wiimote).
- It has already been used in a small indie game.
- Nintendo is the best which can manage to pull a right use of the joycons without a IR sensor.
- The NVidia Shield port (with no IR sensor at all) shows that the game can be played without the wiimote's IR sensor

I can understand the appeal of a new Paper Mario akin to Super, but I personally think the series needs to stop adding gimmicks and just go back to its roots - give us a game with play more like the original and TTYD.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Paper Mario is this series that I'm just utterly dumbfounded by how much Nintendo has f'd it up. Take the combat back to the N64, and GC days! It shouldn't be that hard to make a quality Paper Mario game. It's literally just a bunch of friggin alphamaps, and some turn based combat. Please, Please, Please, let there be a new Paper Mario this year, and let it return to the N64/GCN roots!

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

Good news if true and it seems to make sense. I can't imagine Nintendo releasing 300 dollars worth of remakes/remasters within six months, so some of them would have to be compiled somehow. With the Mario and Luigi franchise likely (and thankfully tbh) done for a little while, it makes sense for Paper Mario to be a more traditional RPG.

And just for that remark, I'll wish the Paper Mario game to solely use generic looking Toads for NPC's role.

I loved the Mario and Luigi franchise, but there's no doubt it was running out of steam.  Inside Story was brilliant, but it had been going downhill since then.  

SKMBlake said:
RolStoppable said:

I get the impression that you still didn't read the explanation in the post of mine that you initially quoted. The way the technology works means that Nintendo can't do it any better either, because motion controls for a pointer mean that there are no permanent reference points that keep the cursor where it should be at all times. That's why IR aiming is so vastly superior, because it comes with much higher accuracy and without the need to recalibrate the cursor multiple times per minute.

I get the impression that you didn't read the explanation in the post of mine that you're quoting.

-The technology exists (and it is far superior to the wiimote).
- It has already been used in a small indie game.
- Nintendo is the best which can manage to pull a right use of the joycons without a IR sensor.
- The NVidia Shield port (with no IR sensor at all) shows that the game can be played without the wiimote's IR sensor

Motion control plus w/auto calibration (Wii) > Motion control plus w/manual calibration (Switch) > Motion control regular (Wii)

IR aiming (Wii) > motion plus aiming w/auto calibration (Wii) > motion plus aiming w/manual calibration (Switch)

RolStoppable said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Paper Mario is this series that I'm just utterly dumbfounded by how much Nintendo has f'd it up. Take the combat back to the N64, and GC days! It shouldn't be that hard to make a quality Paper Mario game. It's literally just a bunch of friggin alphamaps, and some turn based combat. Please, Please, Please, let there be a new Paper Mario this year, and let it return to the N64/GCN roots!

Shigeru Douchebag Miyamoto has been relieved of his duties as Nintendo's general producer, so the chances that Paper Mario returns to its roots aren't bad.

Yeah, I love Miyamoto, but he really has screwed a bunch of stuff up for Nintendo in recent years. Wii U gamepad was his idea right? Starfox on Wii U was a joke because of him. Ditto for Paper Mario. 

It's almost as if people get too old to do their jobs well anymore. I mean, look at how Gunpei Yokoi developed the Ultra Hand, and Gameboy, but then went on to make Virtual Boy. 

It's like people become so successful that nobody dares go against anything they say, and their bad ideas stop being filtered out of the company. Nintendo of Japan really needs to hire a loudmouth American that doesn't give two shits about telling the bosses they are retarded from time to time. I nominate myself. :P

35th Anniversary?
2020-1996 = 24

Pyro as Bill said:
35th Anniversary?
2020-1996 = 24

2020 - 1985 = 35.