By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

RolStoppable said:

You hate him, but you want him to get the easy way out. You wish for a setup that invites a longstanding Trump cult to be established.

You are your own worst enemy.

I live in what can only be described as Trump Town USA and I know enough of these people personally to assure you that this is a man who is much stronger alive than dead. Trump isn't a skilled, successful demagogue like Modi of India or Putin of Russia or Xi of China or Duterte of the Philippines or Erdogan of Turkey. The Western variations of this authoritarian, "new right" phenom -- like Trump of this country, Johnson of the UK, and Bolsanaro of Brazil -- are decidedly more bumbling and incompetent and accordingly far less successful and far less popular than their Eastern counterparts who actually understand their populations. They've proven unable to consolidate power around them as yet. The Western "new right" is probably on its way out already, to that end, quite frankly, and this election is just one manifestation of that trajectory. It's a real thing in the

Last edited by Jaicee - on 02 October 2020

Around the Network

People wishing death on others they disagree with... These political threads really brings out the worst in people.

I hope he and Melania gets well soon. He has 4 more years he needs to deal with.

Trump has now been transported to the Walter Reed medical center. That means the symptoms have been getting worse.

He's also been administered experimental treatments "as a precaution".

We have a 74 year old man with access to medical services in the White House being taken to a place with more extensive medical capabilities and having experimental treatment. Trump has also not said anything since tweeting the diagnosis. This has been escalating quickly.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 02 October 2020

KLXVER said:
People wishing death on others they disagree with... These political threads really brings out the worst in people.

I hope he and Melania gets well soon. He has 4 more years he needs to deal with.

His actions and attitudes have directly resulted in this pandemic not being taken seriously by NEARLY enough people, subsequently resulting in 200,000+ deaths. He deserves to die. His existence is making the world a worse and more dangerous place. 

I don't wish ill on people who don't rightly deserve it. For example, I don't wish you to get sick and die because you've not done anything to warrant that (Though you have pushed some pretty damaging and backwards-thinking ideals). But Trump? Trump is getting karma'd right down the throat. Fuck him.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

KLXVER said:

Saying this is about a simple disagreement is ridiculous and tremendously bad faith...

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:

His actions and attitudes have directly resulted in this pandemic not being taken seriously by NEARLY enough people, subsequently resulting in 200,000+ deaths. He deserves to die. His existence is making the world a worse and more dangerous place. 

I don't wish ill on people who don't rightly deserve it. For example, I don't wish you to get sick and die because you've not done anything to warrant that (Though you have pushed some pretty damaging and backwards-thinking ideals). But Trump? Trump is getting karma'd right down the throat. Fuck him.

The fact that you dont see the irony is kinda comical. "Accept everyone...or else you can die and go to hell" right? lol

sundin13 said:
KLXVER said:

Saying this is about a simple disagreement is ridiculous and tremendously bad faith...

Well I havent followed much lately. What else has been put on him since the last time. Is world war 2 his fault yet?

KLXVER said:
sundin13 said:

Well I havent followed much lately. What else has been put on him since the last time. Is world war 2 his fault yet?

I am sure when SARs was going on and he was criticising Obama I bet you did not have the same outlook.  Well, he got his chance at showing how he would do things different and how he would handle it and he was found wanting.  I do not wish any death on the President but spending a few days on a ventilator wouldn't be all bad.  You continue to forget that he himself lied about how serious CORVID is, he made it into a political situation when he could have been more proactive but I guess you would excuse him for anything because holding him accountable would mean you made a bad decision.

Hiku said:
KLXVER said:

These kind of comments undoubtedly primarily stem from how Trump has handled Covid-19.

If 0 people had died and he achieved world peace, people would still give him shit. He banned travel from China and Europe pretty early and he was xenophobic. He offered assistance to any state that asked for it. He cant send in people to make sure things are done right. I mean he did send in more police during the riots and people gave him shit. "They are kidnapping peaceful protesters!" lol Yeah, Im sure that molotov cocktail was just a simple bottle of peaceful soda...

I just come here to comment that suddenly things got interesting, then I noticed the list of nominees in the first post, and looked up Jo Jorgensen since she looks so young, and... she's over 60!? It seems there are several fairly recent pictures than would make be believe she's under 40 if anyone claimed so. Anyway, back on topic.

Things definitely took an interesting turn.