By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Animal Crossing going to Cross the 25mil Horizon

so is animal crossing going to join the 25mil club like SSBU anddddd Pokemon Sword/Sheild anddddd Mario Kart 8 Deluxe anddddd Zelda BotW???

your thoughts?

I think it has a great shot! Highest AC sits just above 12mil so more than Double the best installment

edit: yes it will definitely hell maybe even 30mil

Last edited by tbone51 - on 22 March 2020

Around the Network

Yes. It'll fly past 15m before the holidays this year, 20m during them, and then 25m LT easily. I think it's really being underestimated, AC is an absolute monster series that hasn't had a new entry in 7 years and is also showing improvement in all the right ways, it's going to be huge.

probably, last game was almost a decade ago at this point, and the last home console version nearly double that. add to the fact that the switch is both, and is selling like hotcakes... its going past 15 mil this year garenteed

Possible 20m seems like a basic target for it tbh.

If the older Animal Crossing games are anything to go by, and the fact that this is the largest jump in the series since the DS version, and perhaps the most obvious of any AC in how it’s improved over older versions, then yes, I can see it happening.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Well, historically Animal Crossing has done really well. Only around 2.5M on GameCube, but almost 12M on DS and over that on 3DS, though only 4M on Wii.

I think that it will be the best selling Animal Crossing to date, but passing 25M might be difficult. I don't want to say it won't, but I want to say it might just be shy of it.

Could happen.

it will be hard, but so far I have been surprised by all first party sales on Switch.

Switch!!!

Another bold prediction? Maybe the boldest of them all! I think it can reach 20m but not sure if it can reach 25. Mind you, all of your bold predictions are looking attainable now so who knows?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

smash and mk8 for sure but i doubt about pokemon and ac, 20 m for sure tho