By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Animal Crossing going to Cross the 25mil Horizon

Bolder prediction: Animal Crossing will do 30m LT.

Around the Network

It's started in a great way. It could get there .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Biggest opening weekend in Japan Thats 1.36M+ 

Chicho said:

Biggest opening weekend in Japan Thats 1.36M+ 

That’s the floor. Ship+Digital could be roughly 3.5mil in 11days in Japan.  Possibly more

My guess on those opening sales in Japan is around 3m including digital.

Around the Network

Could also get a boost from all the people around world that are staying home trying to wait out the virus. I can see this adding to sales since it is a relax chill game that could help distract people from all the chaos going on in world now.

Before it was launched I was guessing at least 15-18 million but now I'm leaning towards 20-22 million.

It's certainly possible at least to come close to that, given its tremendous mass market appeal and its refinements over its predecessors. And there aren't a ton of big games that fall into that category on Switch like Wii had, with Ring Fit being one of the few.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

RolStoppable said:
tbone, hands off the drugs.

'Bold' refers to something improbable, so you'd have to go for 30m. Your 25m are just an ordinary optimistic prediction.

I did think this one through, even with switch pushing games much higher in sales from previous franchises, 25mil is still pretty bold (well before launch)

20mil would of been more understanding that it’s not really bold but 25mil is. That’s still more than double the previous highest selling AC, with 25mil the west Basically has to pull its weight and do roughly 3x better than previous installments :)

Heh, 25m seemed pretty bold two weeks ago.  Now that we've got some launch numbers we're like, "25m? Yeah, that seems totally reasonable."

sweet baby jezus we have a accurate johnlucas

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.