By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do I lose belly fat?

Seems as though the belly fat has decided it will come off last. Sometimes that's the way it is. You'll have to sacrifice those thighs unfortunately.

Are you female, by chance?

Around the Network

Run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Change your lifestyle.

Lower your intake of trans fats, sugary foods/drinks and refined carbs. Start slow, increase your level of exercise along with changes in diet. There's a synergy and positive reinforcement loop between the two. Set goals.

If you don't know much about nutrition download a free calorie counting app, plug in all your meals for the day and see where you stand.

You don't.

Your body burns fat from where it stores it. It's not like if you do sit ups it's going to burn fat specifically from the stomach.

The main thing is to just keep losing weight and some of it will come from your stomach if that's where it's stored. You could also try specifically building the muscles in your stomach. While this definitely WON'T burn fat off your stomach, if you build some muscle (which btw will be very hard to do while losing weight) it may make you happier with the way your stomach is looking.

With that being said, everybody's body is different. Some of us just naturally store fat in different places, so you may just not be able to get your stomach to exactly where you want it to be, particularly if you also want to keep more fat on other parts of your body.

I don't believe you can really target an area per se. I mean you just have to reduce your body fat.

If you lose weight you generally lose it everywhere. I have a similar problem, I have skinny everything but I am cutting weight mostly just for a tighter stomach.

Frankly, you can do core exercises but the solution is really reducing your body fat. Generally people don't have great abs and fat everywhere else.

36 waist is kinda big for 155. Like pants size 36? It sounds like you have weight to lose. I am 5'11, 160 size 32.

Personlly I fast every day and I am a vegetarian. I eat like a entire day of food in only 4 hours, generally in the morning, then I eat nothing until the next morning. I look and feel much better since going this route but it may not be for everybody.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Keep losing weight as usual, no other way around.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't believe you can really target an area per se. I mean you just have to reduce your body fat.

If you lose weight you generally lose it everywhere. I have a similar problem, I have skinny everything but I am cutting weight mostly just for a tighter stomach.

Frankly, you can do core exercises but the solution is really reducing your body fat. Generally people don't have great abs and fat everywhere else.

36 waist is kinda big for 155. Like pants size 36? It sounds like you have weight to lose. I am 5'11, 160 size 32.

Personlly I fast every day and I am a vegetarian. I eat like a entire day of food in only 4 hours, generally in the morning, then I eat nothing until the next morning. I look and feel much better since going this route but it may not be for everybody.

With most pants, not dress pants, the size of the pants does not correlate with waist size directly.  They shave a number or two off to make people feel better.  So, a 36 inch waist probably correlates to a size 34 for most jeans.  

JWeinCom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

With most pants, not dress pants, the size of the pants does not correlate with waist size directly.  They shave a number or two off to make people feel better.  So, a 36 inch waist probably correlates to a size 34 for most jeans.  

Either way it sounds like your waist size will decrease with more weight loss.

My advice is reduce your body fat with diet, high protein for muscle mass and exercise.

I didn't take much protein in the past so I looked more gaunt in comparison at the same weight.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
JWeinCom said:

My advice is reduce your body fat with diet, high protein for muscle mass and exercise.

I didn't take much protein in the past so I looked more gaunt in comparison at the same weight.

Think you're talking to the wrong person.

JWeinCom said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Think you're talking to the wrong person.

Heh, yeah. I did that response quick. Assumed it was the OP.

Recently Completed