By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do I lose belly fat?

ironmanDX said:
Seems as though the belly fat has decided it will come off last. Sometimes that's the way it is. You'll have to sacrifice those thighs unfortunately.

Are you female, by chance?

This is so wrong, do not listen to anyone who has no knowledge about nutrition. You can build up your legs and still lose belly fat, easy. 

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Change your lifestyle.

Lower your intake of trans fats, sugary foods/drinks and refined carbs. Start slow, increase your level of exercise along with changes in diet. There's a synergy and positive reinforcement loop between the two. Set goals.

If you don't know much about nutrition download a free calorie counting app, plug in all your meals for the day and see where you stand.

Almost 100% correct, one mistake, counting calories, a calorie is not just a calorie, example, 500 calories from veggies is different from 500 calories from pasta, it makes your body work differently and has different effects.

Different types of food affect also your mood, and your sense of fullness, example 500 calories from veggies will make you feel full due to fibre and different nutrients, 500 calories from pasta will make you still feel hungry because you didn't get all nutrients your body needs. Also some foods have chemicals to make them addictive, such as sweets, chips and sauces, and all microwave food. Food addiction is when you are full but still want to eat more for no reason, so having the same calories from foods from nature will have a different effect than 500 calories from foods that came from a factory.

Lets take an example, orange vs fresh orange juice, the orange has fibre which balances the processing of the sugar by the liver, and you eat it slowly, but orange juice you can drink it in 2 seconds, the processing will be way quicker due to lack of fibre, and you get a lot at once, so insulin goes way up which sends it to fat storage, hence the belly fat.

When I hear someone mention belly fat and skinny body, I automatically assume they drink sodas and juices, I could be wrong, but Im sure Im not.

Also, forget apps, if you want to really learn get some books, or at least do it on your big monitor, not a tiny phone screen.

Want to lose belly fat? Then forget calories, and learn how our bodies actually process the foods and how the different types of foods affect your hormones and gut microbiome. 

The biggest advice I can give is do not come to gaming websites for advice on this, most gamers are not health conscientious, most gamers I know still drink energy drinks or sodas, some even smoke.

Don't even take my advice, go do some proper research, just like I did I watcher over 100 hours of videos/documentaries about it, its very worth your time.

Last edited by victor83fernandes - on 03 March 2020

I would recommend cycling instead of running. It is far easier cycling instead of running. Running has a high injury rate and most people do not have the correct running form to avoid running injuries.

Phoenix20 said:
I would recommend cycling instead of running. It is far easier cycling instead of running. Running has a high injury rate and most people do not have the correct running form to avoid running injuries.

1 - Running is more fun because you can listen to your music, to get the same calories burn you would need to cycle really far, you really need something that you can enjoy, and music makes running great and swimming/cycling boring, the most fun I had cycling was at the gymn watching movies on my tablet with no danger around

2 - Cycling is good but more dangerous, running you get the benefit of being able to climb stairs and so on when needed

3 - If you fall off your bike at 50km per hour your injuries will be worse than if you fall running

4 - To cycle you need the proper roads to do it, where I live you cant cycle far, I live on an island full of hills

5 - Its easy to prevent injuries, just don't over do it, raise your mileage slowly, never increase more than a couple km

6 - the absolute best exercise is swimming, unfortunately you need to pay a monthly subscription

7 - Get some good shoes, I started with cheap shoes had an ankle injury with 5km, now I do 15km as a minimum and no injuries, I use Asics gel nimbus 21

If you are over weight, unfit or have flat feet, running is highly likely to create injuries. Lower impact exercises like swimming, cycling or walking are favoured instead of running. Running is a very bad idea for unfit or overweight people to lose weight because of the high injury rate. Doing body weight exercises are easier for beginners to get into. I would not advise lifting weights unless there is a coach to teach proper form/technique to avoid injury.

Around the Network
Phoenix20 said:
If you are over weight, unfit or have flat feet, running is highly likely to create injuries. Lower impact exercises like swimming, cycling or walking are favoured instead of running. Running is a very bad idea for unfit or overweight people to lose weight because of the high injury rate. Doing body weight exercises are easier for beginners to get into. I would not advise lifting weights unless there is a coach to teach proper form/technique to avoid injury.

While they're old machines by today's standards, a good old fashioned exercise bike or rowing machine are still two of the best tools for bettering fitness levels. I've been finding apps like Ring Fit work really well too, surprisingly well. Being fit is important to burning off excess flab, especially if you're looking for a rock hard abs on time for the summer.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

victor83fernandes said:
dx11332sega said:

I need advice I'm 155lbs and I still have belly fat though waist circumference is 36 and a 1/2 but I lose fat in other places but, little bit on my belly , I walk every morning 30 minutes but my poor fat thighs are getting skinnier and I love my thighs :P so I need a new exercise routine that loses belly without affecting everything else , Thank you :)

That's very easy, the secret is quit sugar, for good, sugary foods increase the concentration of fat in the belly due to huge increase in insulin.

Also, you walk 30 min per day? You should seriously start thinking about being more active. 30 min is just what I walk to work. I also run 75km per week and swim 15km per week. If you told me that 6 years ago I couldn't believe I'd be able to, never aim for too much, aim first to run 5k frequently, and after a few weeks increase gradually, youll be surprised what you can actually due after frequent training, I often hear people say they cant run a mile, and I keep telling them they are wrong, anyone can do it, and the body gets better and better and things become easier and easier once your body is build up.

Fat around the belly is basically storage fat, that happens because you are not using all the energy from foods. As I said, either increase exercise, a lot, or start eating less sugar, that includes foods like sauces (ketchup) and so on which are full of sugar, it also includes fresh juices which are basically poison for your body.

I don't even know what sauces are anymore, haven't add any of that, not even olive oil to any food in years. I haven't had a juice or soda in maybe 8 years now, cant remember the taste. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for your body to detox from sugar, it will be difficult, I was feeling super tired and dizzy all the time, but fight through it and then you wont miss it. Took me 2 weeks.

Storage fat concentrates on the belly, simple as that. There are no exercise specifically to target certain area fat, so you need to do cardio to burn calories. I burn around 1400 calories in each run,6x per week, I eat around 2600 calories per day.

size 36 is huge, I was size 32 in my early 20s, Im now size 28 at almost age 37. Start running, fast, cut all sugars, no more white bread or white rice or white pasta, ever again.

Bonus - Running will give you abs, more so than doing ab exercises, because if you run lets say 70 minutes, that's 70 minutes of pushing your abs instead of the typical 5 minutes that people do sit ups for.

When you start running you wont feel at first the abs working, it takes weeks maybe months until you notice the abs pushing when you run.

PS - Whatever you do, do not , I repeat, do not take any pills for weight loss, that will mess up your hormones permanently, so in the future it will become much harder to maintain a low body fat.

Put back olive oil in your diet =] good  source of quality fat you need for hormones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I talked to my nutricianist 3 days ago she said to lose belly fat I need to do standing crunches , not those from youtube that make it harder than it has too she showed me just stand straight and bend your stomach forward , no i checked every standing crunches and standing situp on youtube they all make it unfun and difficult , its just standing straight and bend your stomach like a situp, from 3 days my 36 and 1/2 waist circumference lost 2 inches i'm currently 34 and 3/4 in waist circumference I do the workout about 1 hour everyday I'm impressed with results , She said I should see results in 1 week, also should take lesser sugar which I did just 1 soda and 1 ice cream sandwich rest is salad in morning and salad in daytime yummy italian dressing

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

If you discover the secret to that let me know :P

I'm definitely going to be picking up my workouts, and also taking a month or so off any boozing, and cut way back on sugars. I think that will make for a nice trifecta that will allow me to shed some pounds. I definitely have to do something, as it's gotten out of hand lately.

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden