By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do I lose belly fat?

victor83fernandes said:
dx11332sega said:

I need advice I'm 155lbs and I still have belly fat though waist circumference is 36 and a 1/2 but I lose fat in other places but, little bit on my belly , I walk every morning 30 minutes but my poor fat thighs are getting skinnier and I love my thighs :P so I need a new exercise routine that loses belly without affecting everything else , Thank you :)

That's very easy, the secret is quit sugar, for good, sugary foods increase the concentration of fat in the belly due to huge increase in insulin.

Also, you walk 30 min per day? You should seriously start thinking about being more active. 30 min is just what I walk to work. I also run 75km per week and swim 15km per week. If you told me that 6 years ago I couldn't believe I'd be able to, never aim for too much, aim first to run 5k frequently, and after a few weeks increase gradually, youll be surprised what you can actually due after frequent training, I often hear people say they cant run a mile, and I keep telling them they are wrong, anyone can do it, and the body gets better and better and things become easier and easier once your body is build up.

Fat around the belly is basically storage fat, that happens because you are not using all the energy from foods. As I said, either increase exercise, a lot, or start eating less sugar, that includes foods like sauces (ketchup) and so on which are full of sugar, it also includes fresh juices which are basically poison for your body.

I don't even know what sauces are anymore, haven't add any of that, not even olive oil to any food in years. I haven't had a juice or soda in maybe 8 years now, cant remember the taste. It takes 2 to 3 weeks for your body to detox from sugar, it will be difficult, I was feeling super tired and dizzy all the time, but fight through it and then you wont miss it. Took me 2 weeks.

Storage fat concentrates on the belly, simple as that. There are no exercise specifically to target certain area fat, so you need to do cardio to burn calories. I burn around 1400 calories in each run,6x per week, I eat around 2600 calories per day.

size 36 is huge, I was size 32 in my early 20s, Im now size 28 at almost age 37. Start running, fast, cut all sugars, no more white bread or white rice or white pasta, ever again.

Bonus - Running will give you abs, more so than doing ab exercises, because if you run lets say 70 minutes, that's 70 minutes of pushing your abs instead of the typical 5 minutes that people do sit ups for.

When you start running you wont feel at first the abs working, it takes weeks maybe months until you notice the abs pushing when you run.

PS - Whatever you do, do not , I repeat, do not take any pills for weight loss, that will mess up your hormones permanently, so in the future it will become much harder to maintain a low body fat.

Put back olive oil in your diet =] good  source of quality fat you need for hormones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

If you discover the secret to that let me know :P

I'm definitely going to be picking up my workouts, and also taking a month or so off any boozing, and cut way back on sugars. I think that will make for a nice trifecta that will allow me to shed some pounds. I definitely have to do something, as it's gotten out of hand lately.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden