By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be your second platform of choices for next gen after Switch (outside PC/smartphones/cloud gaming)

My second consoles will be

PS5 34 73.91%

Xbox X 11 23.91%

Xbox S 1 2.17%

Total:46

PS5

Around the Network

No consoles. Got little time to even play the Switch.

Might finally build the PC I've been postponing for years, got nearly 400 PC games waiting for me already.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 29 December 2019

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

None. Switch provides way more than enough games for me (I'm over 70 in my collection atm including indies). No need for me to spend $400+ on another console.

Nvidia Ampere, the rest are irrelevant. If HZD 2 comes out I'll grab a PS5 off amazon and send it back within 30 days.

Pinkie_pie said:
Hardcore Nintendo fans will not buy the PS5 because its the only platform that will most likely outsell the Switch

If you're talking about future platforms, I would bet on the switch 2 being the only platform in the near future that can outsell the switch.

Around the Network

PlayStation 5. I finally got a PlayStation 4 this year, and I am enjoying the heck out of it. I'm playing exclusives and multiplats. Unless there's some killer exclusives for the PS5 early on, I don't plan on getting one until at least 2022. Probably later, as I'll likely wait for a Slim version. And I'll for sure get the Switch's successor, as Nintendo is my favorite game publisher.
I do wanna get a Gaming PC one day, but that's just a pipe dream. Even though the PC as an open platform has a ton of exclusives, there's very few that interest me.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

None. Especially now that Switch has been receiving lots of love from third party devs and indie devs.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Probably an Xbox, because of gamepass.
An all digital and cheaper(not the high end product)

Interesting how people already have established console preferences despite having no idea on what the hardware/games/price is going to be.

Personally I will go with whatever console offers the most powerful hardware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mostly buy new ps console when it has been out for a year,time between i catch up on my backlog from ps4 and PC and whatever i missed from Nintendo.