Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be your second platform of choices for next gen after Switch (outside PC/smartphones/cloud gaming)

My second consoles will be

PS5 34 73.91%

Xbox X 11 23.91%

Xbox S 1 2.17%

Total:46

Both

Around the Network

Still undecided. This gen I have both and it is unlikely that this will continue being so next gen. I have less and less time for gaming each year so buying two consoles except Switch is just way too much. Definitely will be getting one of those at launch but which one will be decided after official info comes in. New Xbox design is weird and IMO it is not a good start for them.

Nu-13 said:
JRPGfan said:

"What will be your second platform of choices for next gen after Switch (outside PC/smartphones/cloud gaming)"

Trick question imo :p
Switch belongs to the current gen, of PS4/Xb1.

That said... a PS5.
I was pretty happy with what the PS4 had, so expecting more of the same with the PS5.

Yes, the switch belongs to the current gen but the ps4 and x1 aren't a part of it. And let's not derail things after this.

Your comment (quote) is the derail. You could have just ignored my comment if you dont agree.
Consensus is that Switch is current gen (same as ps4+xb1), switch wiki even says so.

And again, its possible to have multiple devices in 1 gen.
Nintendo just had Wii U + Switch, in same gen.
Because nintendo gens are shorter, while Sony and Xbox ones are longer.

Plus a generation, a device belongs too, is determined by its commentitors at its time of life.
Switch will spend most of its life cycle, competeing against the PS4 + XB1, not the PS5+Xb2.
And again, what games it has.  Switch got PS4+XB1 multiplat ports.... it likely wont get PS5+Xb2 ones.

This leads it to being a current gen device.
If you dont agree, you dont need to quote me or derail futher if you feel like that is what will come of it.

Hardcore Nintendo fans will not buy the PS5 because its the only platform that will most likely outsell the Switch

Pinkie_pie said:
Hardcore Nintendo fans will not buy the PS5 because its the only platform that will most likely outsell the Switch

If that's their reason, I think you're talking about hardcore dumbasses

Around the Network

PS5

No consoles. Got little time to even play the Switch.

Might finally build the PC I've been postponing for years, got nearly 400 PC games waiting for me already.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 29 December 2019

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

None. Switch provides way more than enough games for me (I'm over 70 in my collection atm including indies). No need for me to spend $400+ on another console.

Nvidia Ampere, the rest are irrelevant. If HZD 2 comes out I'll grab a PS5 off amazon and send it back within 30 days.

Pinkie_pie said:

If you're talking about future platforms, I would bet on the switch 2 being the only platform in the near future that can outsell the switch.