By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be your second platform of choices for next gen after Switch (outside PC/smartphones/cloud gaming)

My second consoles will be

PS5 34 73.91%

Xbox X 11 23.91%

Xbox S 1 2.17%

Total:46

Not sure. I may buy everything but I find myself not playing anything for weeks on end. Right now, Xbox if Hellblade is a decent enough leap.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Interesting how people already have established console preferences despite having no idea on what the hardware/games/price is going to be.

Personally I will go with whatever console offers the most powerful hardware.

You shouldn't be surprised.

in 30+ years I've learned that Nintendo and Sony will always be in my home. Nintendo brings the exclusives and innovations, Sony brings the multiplats and also a bunch of exclusives. Xbox at its best can only give me a handful of exclusives that I Generally don't care about (Shooters and racers aren't really my thing) or are on PC anyway, and while they make an effort to be more powerful than the competition, I've never cared about graphics or performance over unique experiences, good storytelling, and fun gameplay.

I went all in on all three consoles this gen (Four, since Nintendo tried twice), and the only ones that got any play time out of me were the PS4 and Switch. WiiU got a lot of attention due to the Virtual Console and a handful of games (That I now have on Switch), but I have an emulator on my phone now so I don't need it. I have an Xbox One, but I've literally spent more time downloading and installing firmware on it than I have spent playing games on it. In fact, in the 5 years I've had it, I've only purchased seven games. Of those seven games, the only one I've really put any time into was titanFall...and I have the sequel on PS4 now so...

MY point is, I genuinely don't understand why people go for Xbox. The power difference is insignificant (And was actually lesser at the beginning of the generation),the exclusives are on PC, and what 'exclusives' it has are pretty bland and generic. Halo is pretty meh, Forza is a great entry in a genre I personally find boring, and while I do enjoy Gears of War I think it's also pretty bland and generic. Microsft keeps buying developers to foster faith, but have they done anything with any of them? Last I checked, Rare is still making terrible games and haven't done anything good since coming to Xbox, and I'll never forgive Microsoft for that.

For as long as I live and as long as I have a soul, I'll stick to Nintendo and Sony. It seems to be the safest bet. Nintendo exclusives are the best, their consoles usually have something that make them stand out (motion control, touch control, portability, versatility), I don't care that the power is less than the competition, and lately they've been absolutely KILLING it with indie support and lowkey third party support. I've got over 100 games on my Switch and it's probably my most-played console. Sony's exclusives are also pretty damn good, just a step below Nintendo's. and unlike Microsoft and even Nintendo, they reinvent and update and create new IP a lot more often. I mean, we recently got Horizon: Zero dawn, one of the best and most interesting new IP Exclusives of the last decade!

I'll take Mario, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and various others over the holy trinity of Halo, Forza, and Gears.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
in 30+ years I've learned that Nintendo and Sony will always be in my home. Nintendo brings the exclusives and innovations, Sony brings the multiplats and also a bunch of exclusives. Xbox at its best can only give me a handful of exclusives that I Generally don't care about (Shooters and racers aren't really my thing) or are on PC anyway, and while they make an effort to be more powerful than the competition, I've never cared about graphics or performance over unique experiences, good storytelling, and fun gameplay.

I went all in on all three consoles this gen (Four, since Nintendo tried twice), and the only ones that got any play time out of me were the PS4 and Switch. WiiU got a lot of attention due to the Virtual Console and a handful of games (That I now have on Switch), but I have an emulator on my phone now so I don't need it. I have an Xbox One, but I've literally spent more time downloading and installing firmware on it than I have spent playing games on it. In fact, in the 5 years I've had it, I've only purchased seven games. Of those seven games, the only one I've really put any time into was titanFall...and I have the sequel on PS4 now so...

MY point is, I genuinely don't understand why people go for Xbox. The power difference is insignificant (And was actually lesser at the beginning of the generation),the exclusives are on PC, and what 'exclusives' it has are pretty bland and generic. Halo is pretty meh, Forza is a great entry in a genre I personally find boring, and while I do enjoy Gears of War I think it's also pretty bland and generic. Microsft keeps buying developers to foster faith, but have they done anything with any of them? Last I checked, Rare is still making terrible games and haven't done anything good since coming to Xbox, and I'll never forgive Microsoft for that.

For as long as I live and as long as I have a soul, I'll stick to Nintendo and Sony. It seems to be the safest bet. Nintendo exclusives are the best, their consoles usually have something that make them stand out (motion control, touch control, portability, versatility), I don't care that the power is less than the competition, and lately they've been absolutely KILLING it with indie support and lowkey third party support. I've got over 100 games on my Switch and it's probably my most-played console. Sony's exclusives are also pretty damn good, just a step below Nintendo's. and unlike Microsoft and even Nintendo, they reinvent and update and create new IP a lot more often. I mean, we recently got Horizon: Zero dawn, one of the best and most interesting new IP Exclusives of the last decade!

I'll take Mario, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne, Spider-Man, Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and various others over the holy trinity of Halo, Forza, and Gears.

It's the same for me, Xbox exclusives are just not appealing to my personal preferences and, even then, you can play most of them on PC. Also, they still lack a lot of japanese third party support, which is pretty important to me.

Pemalite said:
Interesting how people already have established console preferences despite having no idea on what the hardware/games/price is going to be.

Interesting that you've already decided to get the most powerful console having no idea on what features/games/price is going to be. ;p

Around the Network

Bought an Xbox for the first time this gen. Never doing that again.

NintendoxSony all the way.

PS4. Games will be cheaper by then.

Slownenberg said:
Pemalite said:

Interesting that you've already decided to get the most powerful console having no idea on what features/games/price is going to be. ;p

I am a hardware enthusiast, so not really that interesting.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Bandorr said:
Pemalite said:

Pemalite said:

I am a hardware enthusiast  , so not really that interesting.

There fixed it. Now everyone has a reusable template for your first question.  You asked and answered - that's impressive.

Nah mate.

The difference there is... People are buying purchasing decisions irrespective of hardware specs, games or price.

Where-as I will base my purchasing decision on hardware specs.

See the difference?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'll probably go with the Series X or S for Halo.