By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be your second platform of choices for next gen after Switch (outside PC/smartphones/cloud gaming)

My second consoles will be

PS5 34 73.91%

Xbox X 11 23.91%

Xbox S 1 2.17%

Total:46

PS4 is my secondary console. A hand me down from my brother in-law. The only way I would get a next gen console would be if they had a mid-gen upgrade and my brother in-law gave me the original.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

None of them. Even if I had infinite time and money, I'd just stick to the Switch. There aren't really any PS or XBox exclusives that I'd want to play, and I also don't like home console gaming.

Not sure...I like Sony exclusives, but I like what MS is pushing as well right now. Need to see more on PS5 before making a decision. There is also a distinct possibility that this is the gen I choose PC as my secondary gaming playform as well, so there is that.

In any case, Switch will likely remain my main platform due to portability. I will definitely have SOMETHING to pick up the few games outside of the Switch library that I feel I must play however.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

RolStoppable said:
The poll is missing the "None" option.

Better option would be PC.  I'm already next gen.  Filthy console peasants.

Oh shit I guess I should have read op.  He didn't want the PC answer even though it makes most logical sense for a Nintendo fan.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 27 December 2019

It would be PS5 but I'm too poor to buy another console so maybe in 2023 when it gets its first price cut.

Around the Network

All of them because console wars are moronic and im not about to miss some of the best games because im "married" to a brand - which is in itself moronic.
But who knows, maybe economy will crash next year.

"What will be your second platform of choices for next gen after Switch (outside PC/smartphones/cloud gaming)"

Trick question imo :p
Switch belongs to the current gen, of PS4/Xb1.

That said... a PS5.
I was pretty happy with what the PS4 had, so expecting more of the same with the PS5.

Someday in a very far future I plan to buy a PS5.

mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:
All of them because console wars are moronic and im not about to miss some of the best games because im "married" to a brand - which is in itself moronic. But who knows, maybe economy will crash next year.

Right, because the only reason people don't buy every console is because they're married to brands.

That is the only possible reason, definitely.

I'm sure of it.

Correct. Im glad you get it. 

The xbox sx will be the one I get first, then sometime down the road after price drops, the ps5.