By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X019 was dissapointing, let's discuss that.

I'm a gamepass subscriber so I ended up liking the show.

Around the Network

I enjoyed it. There were times during the conference that were slower(kart racer), but overall it was well paced with a ton of content that looked really great. I think Grounded looks cool, with a nice twist compared to other survival games. Something I definitely want to see more pf. Obsidian even mentioned at the end of the trailer that this was at small 12 person project and they have their main RPG teams working on other games. I guess Obsidian needed to clarify this now, because when Ninja Theory announced Bleeding Edge, they got crapped on, even though they mentioned they are working on single player driven games as well. I guess the OP missed that part as well.

Everwild is certainly not a budget title and looks damn good.

Xbox isn't going to announce their big AAA games at an end of the generation conference. Set your expectation in check. I must have missed the big conference Sony had this year with all their AAA game reveals, oh wait.

Are you really complaining about Xbox advertising Gamepass?!? Damn near everything they revealed was announced for Gamepass so of course they are going to mention it. As a Gamepass subscriber, I want to know what games are coming to the service. Btw, Sony and Nintendo conferences are advertising their products too. That is literally what conferences are for.

Radek said:
think-man said:
Let's be honest, Sonys "State of Play" hasn't been very good either. Yeah, the event didn't show anything that I'm interested in but the xbox community seem to have liked it. So I wouldn't call it abysmal.

I actually agree, but in fair it was only 20 minutes and it ended with a bang with TLOU 2 trailer and release date.

X019 was 90 minutes and it was 90% indie games and Game Pass, not even comparable.

It wasn't 90% Indie games and Game Pass.  Also the 360 had way more Indie games then any other home console at one point it 3398 Indie games available and that's not even all of them.  Since I'm pretty sure a lot of them where delisted before the video was shot and that doesn't include the XBox Live Indie games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyH2a5dxjLE

Radek said:
Chris Hu said:
The only people that thought the show was abysmal are all huge Playstation fanboys. Most people that actually own and use a X1 didn't think it was nowhere near abysmal.

Look, I was a huge Xbox 360 fan back in the day... in fact I only had Xbox 360 for years before buying PS3.

Phil had years to fix things... and this is what we get... indies in 4K, please..

I highly doubt that even if you exclude the games that where free with Gold from my playlist I'm pretty sure I played more 360 games then you did. Also I'm pretty sure played the 360 way more then you did overall and I jumped in pretty late since I didn't start playing 360 games on a regular basis until October 2010.

xbox is a disgrace imo. they are clearly just trying to filler things up for gamepass, not that A or AA games arnt good its that they led during the 360 era especially the begining i still cant forget that year with halo 3 mass effect bioshock. thoise days are finished now im afraid

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Why is this thread still open? This thread is pointless.

Proud to be a Californian.

Well I am glad our tastes are different. I play games for art not for realism, so if a game doesn't suit your needs because it didn't go The Order 1886 route than so be it.
Ill be playing games like Everwild, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Battletoads, Grounded and Age of Empires 4. I wouldn't want MS to change there focus on creating artful games.

Also you and this Youtuber who claims he was an Xbox fanboy basically slapped Nintendo right in the face. Mario Kart 8 is considered the best racing game this gen, Smash Brothers Ultimate is considered the best fighting game this gen, Mario Odyssey is considered the best Platformer this gen and to top it off, Zelda GOTW is considered THE Game of the Generation. They achieved these accolades by not focusing on realism. You can disagree all you want, we all have our preferences, and from what I saw at the show, I couldn't ask for anything more from Xbox, they nailed it for me.

Radek said:
darkenergy said:
Why is this thread still open? This thread is pointless.

So is your post...

Why are so many of you trying to simply shut me up and delete my thread? This thread is not breaking any rules, nobody is flaming neither.

So tell me Radek, What is wrong with the games shown? Because you and some PS fanboy on YouTube assumes they are low cost AA titles because they are not opting for realistic graphics?

Tell me what games is The Initiative, 343, Turn 10, The Coalition and Playground Games making? Are they AA games to you? 

Does Age of Empires 4, Wasteland 3 and Gears Tactics look like kids games to you?

What's wrong with Everwild and Grounded?

Does MS Flight Simulator look cheap to you?

Do games like Ori put you off Xbox because they are not AAA?

What exactly is your point? 

It seems you hate the idea of GamePass and that's what this is about because as of right now, the games for Xbox are doing the talking. They look great and feel like there is alot of potential.

heck MS just formed Worlds Edge to continue making and looking after Age of Empires. What more do you want?

XO19 is not that important to make a big fuss about imo,it's a bit of a let down yes but it is also a way to close in on what is remaining for the xboxone as it is best to keep their big shot new games and info for the Scarlet events next year.

Radek said:
Chris Hu said:

Nope, I'm pretty sure he actually figured out why you made this thread.  Also I go back to my original argument you don't even own a X1 so why are you complaining about it.  Also the video you posted is by a guy that turned into a huge PS4 fanboy of course he is gonna hate X019.

This freaking guy has valid arguments, so what if he switched to Playstation? He still wants Xbox to do well, you would actually know that if you watched the video.

And I have every right to make threads such as this, regardless if I posted once in the official thread, I posted arguments, I listed them, go and read them instead of shutting me down with "you didn't get enough attention"

Why are Xbox fans so defensive of mediocrity?!

Dunkey video trash, Jim Sterling video garbage! MBG's video bullcrap! Always the same with Xbox fans...

Jim Sterling literally made a video where he did nothing but praise Gears 5 and still have it a 3/10 because "It's Microsoft".