By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X019 was dissapointing, let's discuss that.

CGI-Quality said:
Radek said:

I will call bullshit where I see one, Nintendo, Xbox or Playstation... take off your fanboy glasses, 4-5 AAA games a year is BS and you know it!

I will reply tonight, I was on a vacation.

See, it’s comments like what you say after PlayStation that can kill the discussion. So, here is a warning, Radek. I don’t want to see another post like this. 

Respectfully, respond to Hiku’s request. Forget naysayers, because as long as you don’t respond, you are making it easy for people to doubt you. If you need a bit more time, I get that, but if you have time to reply to doubt, you can muster a few moments to support your thread.

He's probably just searching for the right YouTube video to articulate his thoughts for him

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Remember that thread about what we could do to keep this place from being empty?
Too trigger happy mods dont make this place thrive, it ll just diminish the user base.

In all honesty, I think it's better, because why let people throw stones like they've done in the past?. Kero was one such user who got away with a lot over time, and as a result, he got people banned or others to leave the site in general.

There was no need for this sort of thread, and there's no need for the fanboy retort either. This site isn't exactly at IGN level, but letting one userbase rule over the rest in terms of what they are allowed to get away with, will not cause a surge in growth either. 

Also, the recent abuse of just posting Sony threads in general gaming discussion has become a habit, and one that's trying to avoid the core reason of why the main indexes exist in the first place.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Radek said:

Alright, I'm gonna try to finally reply in this thread, though the amount of replies is a bit overwhelming, so if I miss to adress something, please ask me again and I will try to reply. First of all I just edited the name of the thread from abysmal to dissaponting, given how much hyped the event was for so long by Aaron Greenberg, though maybe it wasn't as bad as I initally made it out to be.

The thing is I'm not exactly bashing games like Grounded and Bleedeing Edge, but I'm not happy that these reputable devs are focusing on games like this, instead of making these high quality big budget games like Sony studios do. I would have though it would be Rare doing these smaller artsy games, not Obsidian etc.

I know they are reportedly holding out the big guns for E3 2020, but they should have showed more big budget games, say more about Scarlett because right now all the hype is about PS5 with all these exciting leaks we had for a past month or so...

More Japanese games is definitely a good thing, they are not exclusives as they are also on PC so no reason for Xbox not to get them (Yakuza, FF games)

Microsoft made a huge lot of promises this gen and it's all gonna boil down to how good their E3 2020 is... because I see a lot of people dissapointed they had no killer app this generation... it all depends how many high budget games Microsoft can actually show on E3 2020 except Halo Infinite.

I want Xbox to do better I really loved Xbox 360 and I currently have one lended from my friend, I'm playing Gears 3 atm.

Feel free to ask more questions, tbh I feel like shit today, I probably missed a lot of things I thought about during the weekend..

I mostly agree,and also the CEO did not say that they will bring us 4 or 5 AAA games a year, he said it was their goal but when will they meet that goal?

And what if we just get one year of plenty AAA releases on the Scarlett to kick it off and it just goes down afterwards,we do not know yet but i will remain skeptical of all Microsofts PR till i see some actual results.

Bolded: Hey take care of yourself and don't let yourself get too upset by some arguments about games,not worth it!

Radek said:

Alright, I'm gonna try to finally reply in this thread, though the amount of replies is a bit overwhelming, so if I miss to adress something, please ask me again and I will try to reply. First of all I just edited the name of the thread from abysmal to dissaponting, given how much hyped the event was for so long by Aaron Greenberg, though maybe it wasn't as bad as I initally made it out to be.

The thing is I'm not exactly bashing games like Grounded and Bleedeing Edge, but I'm not happy that these reputable devs are focusing on games like this, instead of making these high quality big budget games like Sony studios do. I would have though it would be Rare doing these smaller artsy games, not Obsidian etc.

I know they are reportedly holding out the big guns for E3 2020, but they should have showed more big budget games, say more about Scarlett because right now all the hype is about PS5 with all these exciting leaks we had for a past month or so...

More Japanese games is definitely a good thing, they are not exclusives as they are also on PC so no reason for Xbox not to get them (Yakuza, FF games)

Microsoft made a huge lot of promises this gen and it's all gonna boil down to how good their E3 2020 is... because I see a lot of people dissapointed they had no killer app this generation... it all depends how many high budget games Microsoft can actually show on E3 2020 except Halo Infinite.

I want Xbox to do better I really loved Xbox 360 and I currently have one lended from my friend, I'm playing Gears 3 atm.

Feel free to ask more questions, tbh I feel like shit today, I probably missed a lot of things I thought about during the weekend..

But user explained already to you how Microsoft said they will mention Scarlett stuff next year. 

And the games you mentioned were in development before MS bought the Studios.

How did you miss Scarlett stuff then and why do you act as if it's MS responsible for Bleeding Edge and Grounded when they have nothing to do with the development of these Games?

And it's pretty clear from many Interviews now that the MS devs have huge freedom now. People always complained how MS dictated too much and now it's bad that they got more freedom?

@shikamaru317
I should not have said it wasent AAA. I think yearly Sims are the lowest of the low by reusing assets changing a couple of things and charging full prize. But forza ea sports and COD are all AAA as lazy cash grabs as I believe they are.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
Radek said:

But user explained already to you how Microsoft said they will mention Scarlett stuff next year. 

And the games you mentioned were in development before MS bought the Studios.

How did you miss Scarlett stuff then and why do you act as if it's MS responsible for Bleeding Edge and Grounded when they have nothing to do with the development of these Games?

And it's pretty clear from many Interviews now that the MS devs have huge freedom now. People always complained how MS dictated too much and now it's bad that they got more freedom?

It’s the ever shifting goal posts of console warz. People know these games were in development before MS bought the studios, but it just gives them low hanging fruit to bitch about. 

And yeah, its dumb to expect some huge game leaks or console details before E3. Just made up disappointment for fake substance. But but Aaron Greenberg said the event would be great! Clearly that meant they were showing Scarlett release date and price and games 😆

Gotta laugh at the idea that there’s been this huge stream of PS5 hype because of details being released. We know nothing. Oh cool faster load times. Same shit was said entering this gen. 

shikamaru317 said:
eva01beserk said:
@shikamaru317
I should not have said it wasent AAA. I think yearly Sims are the lowest of the low by reusing assets changing a couple of things and charging full prize. But forza ea sports and COD are all AAA as lazy cash grabs as I believe they are.

I would say that Forza Motorsport has been a bit lazy and cash graby this gen; only minimal additions per game, very little innovation, they even had loot boxes in one of them. However, they are making efforts to improve. They are taking their time with Forza Motorsport 8 (following the old bi-yearly release schedule, it should have released in 2019, but it's looking like it might not even release in 2020), and they are closely listening to fan feedback as they build it. 

Forza Horizon has definitely not been lazy though. Each game has a new, large map to explore, plus they've been steadily adding more cars with each game in the series, up to over 450 in the latest game, Forza Horizon 4. They've also been innovating with each new entry, adding new features like hosting your own car festival in Horizon 3, and a season changing system in Horizon 4. There's a reason why Forza Horizon has overall been the highest rated racing series of this generation, with Horizon 4 receiving a 92 on metacritic (tied with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the highest rated racing game in the last 6 years). 

Forza Motorsports 7 ended up having 834 cars and Forza Horizon 4 currently has 659 cars with more to come.  Those loot boxes in Forza Motorsport 7 wheren't real loot boxes since you bought them with in game currency not real money.  The last Forza game to have tokens you could buy with real currency was Forza Horizon 3 so Forza games no longer have micro transactions neither.

Angelus said:
CGI-Quality said:

See, it’s comments like what you say after PlayStation that can kill the discussion. So, here is a warning, Radek. I don’t want to see another post like this. 

Respectfully, respond to Hiku’s request. Forget naysayers, because as long as you don’t respond, you are making it easy for people to doubt you. If you need a bit more time, I get that, but if you have time to reply to doubt, you can muster a few moments to support your thread.

He's probably just searching for the right YouTube video to articulate his thoughts for him

If you dont agree with his fanboy comment, you probably shouldnt resort to lowering yourself to his standard which you apparently dont like.
Your comment is worse than his is, are you also expecting a mod to give you a warning with your post? The irony is its a actual mod your redirecting it at.

"1. If you guys don't like that rule, and think it will be a healthier environment if people can call each other fanboys all the time, we can discuss it together in the Mod Thread if someone brings it up there and makes a valid case for why it should be abolished.
But the idea is to minimize instances where people attack the poster instead of the post." - Hiku

Look at Angelus posting... thats way worse, but because its agreeing with a mod, to make fun of another, he probably wont get a warning for it.

"2. At least for as long as I've been a mod, whenever that has come up, we've been consistent about it.
If someone is unaware of that rule, we inform them about it. If they continue doing it anyway, they get moderated."

Thats just the thing, there isnt consistancy about it.
He basically just said "take off the rose tainted glasses" (but used the fanboy word in that sense) and he gets a warning, when it was used to make a point. Angelus can shit post and make fun of a user, without makeing a point or contributeing anything, but because hes doing it along side a mod posting, and is on the same side as the mod, nothing will happend to him.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 26 November 2019

I wouldn’t expect much from Microsoft in terms of announcements until E3 when Scarlett and it’s first round of releases are accounted.

Sony’s E3 was abysmal for very similar reasons.