By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X019 was dissapointing, let's discuss that.

Radek said:

This is not a bait and please don't turn this into a flame war, let's discuss in civil manner, thanks!

Mhmm.

Around the Network

You don't even own a X1 so why are you even complaining. For me the X1 has been better then the 360 and that is with the generation lasting at least one more year.

It is very worrying, I only enjoy videogames that feature high production values.

Do you feel like you didn't get enough attention at the Xbox thread? :(

Inside Xbox, IMO is the worst format to do these things. It's always long and drawn out. A lot of fluff, not enough game announcements. Too much game pass. Not a fanboy thing. Just Nintendo does this best. 30 minutes of the game after game with a little info on top of it at a good pace. Sony is trying with the State of Play at least. Xbox is hours of people in weird outfits and hair blabbering about nothing most the time. An annoying audience cheering...like why is that even there? This isn't the game awards people. Just a 3 hour ad for Game Pass. I know this will sound hypocritical but MS at E3 has another issue. Announcing too much to the point I forget almost all of it. I get you want to show a lot at E3. I feel it's best to keep it under 20 (not counting sizzle reals) Again with ND it's perfect. I really feel MS just has not figured it out yet. They seem to go extreme opposites without finding any balance. If they want to keep doing live shows. Ok then but keep it under an hour and pace it better. 40 min tops. For E3. Not over 2 hours. An hour is good. I don't dislike MS at all but I feel they failed this entire gen to sell me on an Xbox One. I love OG Xbox and 360.

Last edited by Leynos - on 15 November 2019

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I feel like in this showing Microsoft brought a lot of games that they are usually lacking. Many say well if you like Japanese style games then Xbox just isn't for you, they address that here. The game from Rare looks really amazing and will pull in many Nintendo fans that love BoTW(as long as it turns out good). Gamepass + XCloud union in 2020 is pretty ingenious and a swing at Stadia all at the same time.

Microsoft knows that they didn't start the XboxOne off on a good foot, so to salvage what's left of this generation by sowing seeds of good will is smart. I don't own an Xbox or PlayStation system this generation yet, but with Gamepass Ultimate and many of the games that continues to come to the service. They might have just sold me on the brand!

Radek said:
KiigelHeart said:
Do you feel like you didn't get enough attention at the Xbox thread? :(

Nice argument you got there buddy! Don't post anything if that's the only thing you have to say!

Nope, I'm pretty sure he actually figured out why you made this thread.  Also I go back to my original argument you don't even own a X1 so why are you complaining about it.  Also the video you posted is by a guy that turned into a huge PS4 fanboy of course he is gonna hate X019.

Radek said:
Chris Hu said:

Nope, I'm pretty sure he actually figured out why you made this thread.  Also I go back to my original argument you don't even own a X1 so why are you complaining about it.  Also the video you posted is by a guy that turned into a huge PS4 fanboy of course he is gonna hate X019.

This freaking guy has valid arguments, so what if he switched to Playstation? He still wants Xbox to do well, you would actually know that if you watched the video.

And I have every right to make threads such as this, regardless if I posted once in the official thread, I posted arguments, I listed them, go and read them instead of shutting me down with "you didn't get enough attention"

Why are Xbox fans so defensive of mediocrity?!

There a plenty of great games on the X1 you would probably know if you actually owned one and used it instead of bashing it.  Also there are plenty of great games that don't have high production value and high production value doesn't automatically make a game great.

Everwild and AOE4 look promising.

Well, it had a lot of stuff I personally didn't care much about and the stuff that looked somewhat interesting had no gameplay so it was hard to judge exactly if I should be excited or not for it, specifically in regard to the new rare IP. It looked pretty and all but I need more than that to get excited about a new IP, so I guess I'm waiting until we get proper gameplay reveal at some point in the future (E3 most likely). Anyway, Xcloud being included with Xbox Gamepass was a good deal and makes Stadia look awful, but again I have no interest in cloud gaming/streaming. Other than that FF games coming to Gamepass was great, I already own a lot of those FF games on my PS4 but I'll definitely play through them again on Xbox. Yakuza coming to Xbox as well is a pretty nice announcement. What else was there? a lot of small stuff, Bleeding Edge looks meh, Obsidians new game looks meh but it's a small team game so not a big deal. Overall I'd give it a 5/10.