By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X019 was dissapointing, let's discuss that.

Let's be honest, Sonys "State of Play" hasn't been very good either. Yeah, the event didn't show anything that I'm interested in but the xbox community seem to have liked it. So I wouldn't call it abysmal.

Around the Network

Gamers: Xbox is only for dudebros. All they have is shoot-shoot bang-bang!!

Also gamers: What's all this colorful kiddie shit? Xbox dead!!!11!1

Ryuu96 said:

Honestly it sounds like your expectations were way too high, I'm not sure what you expected for an end of generation X0 event. I wouldn't say it was long hyped either, Microsoft only recently started to hype it up, they said it would be the best Inside Xbox ever which it easily was imo. Prior to the event they announced how many games they would be showing along with confirming which ones some of those were, prior to the show we practically already knew they would be announcing 1-2 titles but it turned out to be 3.

The only thing which seemed to be expected but didn't happened was a studio acquisition, however as it got closer to X0 I saw peoples expectations for a studio acquisition diminishing which made sense as prior to previous events there was lots of rumours/chatter about studio acquisitions happening but nothing at all this time. You seem pretty eager to try to push your opinion as the 'right' one and dismissive that people actually enjoyed it.

It was a great show Imo.

• New Rare IP.
  • New Obsidian IP.
  • New DONTNOD/XGP IP.
  • Release Dates for Minecraft Dungeons, Bleeding Edge and Wasteland 3.
  • Great Game Pass Announcements - Including Yakuza & Kingdom Hearts (Mistake - KH isn't Gamepass, but those titles announced are the first time on Xbox I believe).
  • Great XCloud News - PC Support, GamePass Support, 50+ Titles.
  • Good Gameplay Including the Gameplay Reveal for Age of Empires IV.
  • Some Nice Indies.

Obsidian & Ninja Theory are making what they want, Hellblade was also an AA title so I don't see why something being AA is considered a bad thing, especially when Obsidian and Ninja Theory have multiple teams between them, Obsidian IS working on an unannounced RPG which is rumoured to be AAA, Playground is rumoured to be working on an AAA Fable; 343 industries, The Coalition, Turn 10, Playground, The Initiative are all AAA studios. Everwild will very likely end up as an AAA production.

I for one like that Microsoft is pushing a healthy mix of AAA and AA, this assumption that a game is bad just because it's AA is ridiculous, beside the fact that Microsoft is not going to blow it's load before the end of the generation, you'll get your AAA titles at E3, also Gamepass is awesome so that's not really a dig, thanks to Gamepass Xbox fans are getting Yakuza for the first time, the service is amazing value even outside of that.

Yea, let's keep expectations low. It's just tiny poor mistreated Microsoft after all.

Hellblade was proclaimed as a AAA game by Ninja Theory themselves btw.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
Ryuu96 said:

Honestly it sounds like your expectations were way too high, I'm not sure what you expected for an end of generation X0 event. I wouldn't say it was long hyped either, Microsoft only recently started to hype it up, they said it would be the best Inside Xbox ever which it easily was imo. Prior to the event they announced how many games they would be showing along with confirming which ones some of those were, prior to the show we practically already knew they would be announcing 1-2 titles but it turned out to be 3.

The only thing which seemed to be expected but didn't happened was a studio acquisition, however as it got closer to X0 I saw peoples expectations for a studio acquisition diminishing which made sense as prior to previous events there was lots of rumours/chatter about studio acquisitions happening but nothing at all this time. You seem pretty eager to try to push your opinion as the 'right' one and dismissive that people actually enjoyed it.

It was a great show Imo.

• New Rare IP.
  • New Obsidian IP.
  • New DONTNOD/XGP IP.
  • Release Dates for Minecraft Dungeons, Bleeding Edge and Wasteland 3.
  • Great Game Pass Announcements - Including Yakuza & Kingdom Hearts (Mistake - KH isn't Gamepass, but those titles announced are the first time on Xbox I believe).
  • Great XCloud News - PC Support, GamePass Support, 50+ Titles.
  • Good Gameplay Including the Gameplay Reveal for Age of Empires IV.
  • Some Nice Indies.

Obsidian & Ninja Theory are making what they want, Hellblade was also an AA title so I don't see why something being AA is considered a bad thing, especially when Obsidian and Ninja Theory have multiple teams between them, Obsidian IS working on an unannounced RPG which is rumoured to be AAA, Playground is rumoured to be working on an AAA Fable; 343 industries, The Coalition, Turn 10, Playground, The Initiative are all AAA studios. Everwild will very likely end up as an AAA production.

I for one like that Microsoft is pushing a healthy mix of AAA and AA, this assumption that a game is bad just because it's AA is ridiculous, beside the fact that Microsoft is not going to blow it's load before the end of the generation, you'll get your AAA titles at E3, also Gamepass is awesome so that's not really a dig, thanks to Gamepass Xbox fans are getting Yakuza for the first time, the service is amazing value even outside of that.

Yea, let's keep expectations low. It's just tiny poor mistreated Microsoft after all.

Hellblade was proclaimed as a AAA game by Ninja Theory themselves btw.

It was described as an indie AAA by Ninja Theory. A game between indies and big AAA games.

Some later called this a triple I game.

Radek said:

Dunkey video trash, Jim Sterling video garbage! MBG's video bullcrap! Always the same with Xbox fans...

Well yeah, Dunkey is a pile of trash. The guy made a snarky callout vid to a fan who was only criticising unkey's lack of consistency and accuracy in one of his reviews, which shows his immaturity and the fact that the guy, who likes to act meme worthy, cannot take valid and warranted criticism.

Same goes for Sterling, who likes to take the piss out of folk who don't agree with him or go "thank god for me". the guy also comes to news late these days, harping what we've been harping for days/weeks/months and even years. He was also stupidly avoiding the EGS debacle that started out, blaming Steam, for the shit he got himself into with Steam's search algorithm, so rather than blaming his own shitty and retarded means of deliberately looking for shitty games, he blames a company instead, and you know that's fucking stupid do go out of your way to do such a stupid thing.

MBG is his own case. A guy that's switched sides and now has an insane bias for that ship he's jumped to, lest he be lynched by the crew on that ship, it's textbook fanboyism at it's finest with that guy, because not every fucking thing has to be exactly the same as PS. Everyone doesn't have to adhere nor copy them, yet that guy thinks that's how the entire industry should run. Foh with that fanboy. 

All 3 of them are garbage people for their own garbage reasons. You can like them all you want, not gonna stop you, but I am however gonna call them out whenever they come crawling from under the floorboards.

You know I'd gladly trade TB over Jim Sterling any fucking time of day, because back when TB was alive, Jim actually had to learn from the man, but now he's gone, Jim's gone off on his own mediocre and retarded track of thought. Now opting for quick clicks, week/month old arguments that have since been agreed upon or done before. 

It's not Xbox only fans that dislike those 3, it's people from other platforms like myself as well. Those 3 are beyond mediocre and show stupid levels of bias for their own gains. One is a wannabe memelord, one is old tirade news, the other a fanboy who just jumped ship and wants to promise himself that he's okay with his own decision. I'm ever so tired of people on here or anywhere else, holding any of these 3 up to some sort of standard (which at this point is dangerously low), because it's setting a bad example of who's actually worth a damn, or who actually does something for this industry (because it ain't fucking Jim, not anymore).

Last edited by Chazore - on 15 November 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I wouldn't call it abysmal. Maybe a bit over hyped if anything.

I only watched to see the 2 things I was looking forward to the most. Granted they were PC related lol Halo on PC and showing of Age of Empires IV, and thankfully I received both of those things!

Well after the XB1, I just don't care about MS anymore. They can do whatever they want. Maybe they'll win me back with the Scarlett, but as of now I just don't have any strong feelings either way for the XB brand.

There were no games shown that I will buy, but if others were excited, so be it.

Edit: That being said, I didn't know anything about the event beforehand. So I had no expectations. Was disappointed to see what Ninja Theory was working on, as I LOVED Heavenly Sword and their new game looks like the farthest thing I could be interested in.

I get the feeling more people are excited about the services Microsoft is providing (XCloud, Gamepass) than the actual games. I don't mean that as a diss, just seems to be what is generating the most buzz for Xbox over the last couple years.

Last edited by epicurean - on 15 November 2019

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I agree with the video that Microsoft has hired lot of devs to make content/games for gamepass. Gamepass is something Microsoft is really investing and they scarified gears5 as well which was definitely a failure for them. IMHO there is nothing wrong with indies or smaller games. But I am not sure this tactics is going to work for them. Halo, Fable has to be huge success for them. Sony can counter gamepass with free games from PS+.