By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

#46 - The new chapter in a horror story on PS2. It has gameplay similar to the trilogy on PS1.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
#46 - The new chapter in a horror story on PS2. It has gameplay similar to the trilogy on PS1.

Resident Evil 4

Almost.

BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Almost.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X?

Correct!

Time for more hints again:

#44: Competitive Multiplayer Shooter
Hint 1: M-M-M-Monsterkill!

#43: NES Jump and Run from Disney

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360)

Change From Last Year: NEW

The sole Xbox game on my list, and the first new addition to it this year is Lost Odyssey. I finally found time to play and finish the game early this year, and it instantly became one of my favourite JRPGs. The story, character, battle system, and the music are all great, but perhaps the best part of the game is surprisingly the memories of the immortal main character Kaim the player unlocks throughout the game. They're genuinely some of the best-written and most emotional pieces of writing ever put into any video game, and truly took me by surprise when I first encountered them.

If there's any negative sides to Lost Odyssey, I'd say it's the main villain, who isn't all that interesting or memorable, but fortunately the rest of the game more than makes up for that. This really was a worthy replacement for Final Fantasy that many painted it as when it was originally released. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Darashiva said:

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360)

Change From Last Year: NEW

The sole Xbox game on my list, and the first new addition to it this year is Lost Odyssey. I finally found time to play and finish the game early this year, and it instantly became one of my favourite JRPGs. The story, character, battle system, and the music are all great, but perhaps the best part of the game is surprisingly the memories of the immortal main character Kaim the player unlocks throughout the game. They're genuinely some of the best-written and most emotional pieces of writing ever put into any video game, and truly took me by surprise when I first encountered them.

If there's any negative sides to Lost Odyssey, I'd say it's the main villain, who isn't all that interesting or memorable, but fortunately the rest of the game more than makes up for that. This really was a worthy replacement for Final Fantasy that many painted it as when it was originally released. 

Come on, not gonna point out LO combat reminds LoD?

I almost got a 360 before the PS3 solely because the combat in this game reminded me from LoD, lol.

There are some similarities no question. The combos you can do aren't quite as extensive or complex as in LoD, but it was a nice touch certainly.

BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Correct!

I hope RE4 is higher on your list.

I haven't played RE4 yet. :P

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mnementh said:

a) Darkness has come over the land.

b) Help two troubled princesses that both lost their lands.

a) Very classical game, often copied and sequeled.

#43: Kingdom: New Lands?

#42: Tetris?

#43 was already solved as Zelda:Twilight Princess. #42 is something else. I should add new hints. One moment.

EDIT: By the way, Kingdom is also a very interesting IP, that is surprisingly deep.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 16 November 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

#45 Guessed by Jpcc86: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

#44 Guessed by forest-spirit: Valkyria Chronicles 4

#43 Guessed by S.Peelman: Zelda Twilight Princess

b) You can kill yourself with your own attack, if you're not careful.

a) Conclusion of a trilogy that adapts a classical IP with newer technology.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

#45 Guessed by Jpcc86: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

#44 Guessed by forest-spirit: Valkyria Chronicles 4

#43 Guessed by S.Peelman: Zelda Twilight Princess

b) You can kill yourself with your own attack, if you're not careful.

a) Conclusion of a trilogy that adapts a classical IP with newer technology.

42.  I doubt you have Super Mario on your list.  I'm going to guess DOOM.