By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Jpcc86 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here are my next set of clues:

44  It feels like riding in a painting so that you can fight giants.

41  This SNES game returns to the style of the NES original, but it doesn't have "Super" in the title.

44 - Shadow of the Colossus?

41- Castlevania Dracula X maybe?

44 is correct!

41 not correct.

Here are some more clues:

45  A)  This GBA game was the first sequel to a PS1 game.  The storyline in the GBA game was much more lighthearted than the Game of Thrones style story of the original.
B)  In this tactical RPG, 4 kids wish themselves into a storybook. 

43  A)  In this game you have to collect 3 keys in order to get the final treasure, kind of like in Ready Player One.
B)  In this Atari 2600 game, when you kill the dragons they look like dead ducks.

42  A)  This is the first game in a series about just living a normal-ish life.
B)  The player base for this PC game was reported to be over 50% female.

41  A)  This SNES game returns to the style of the NES original, but it doesn't have "Super" in the title.
B)  Due to the way the story of this game is constructed, the developers found a way to effectively double the size of the overworld.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Time for more hints again:

#44: Competitive Multiplayer Shooter
Hint 1: M-M-M-Monsterkill!

#43: NES Jump and Run from Disney

44. Unreal Tournament

43. DuckTales?

#44: Which one?

#43: That one was easy

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Jpcc86 said:

44 is correct!

41 not correct.

45  A)  This GBA game was the first sequel to a PS1 game.  The storyline in the GBA game was much more lighthearted than the Game of Thrones style story of the original.
B)  In this tactical RPG, 4 kids wish themselves into a storybook. 

43  A)  In this game you have to collect 3 keys in order to get the final treasure, kind of like in Ready Player One.
B)  In this Atari 2600 game, when you kill the dragons they look like dead ducks.

41  A)  This SNES game returns to the style of the NES original, but it doesn't have "Super" in the title.
B)  Due to the way the story of this game is constructed, the developers found a way to effectively double the size of the overworld.

45: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

I was thinking Twilight Princess for 43 earlier, but now that you say ALBW is "on a strange level a bit close" I'm not sure anymore. Still, I'll guess Twilight Princess, why mot.

Twilight Princess is right. It was close, because Zelda and strange because I haven't even thought the description would fit two separate Zelda games.

Ah! I was thinking ‘strangely close’ because it had a similar theme or something. Twilight Princess is great.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Jpcc86 said:

44 is correct!

41 not correct.

43: Adventure?

42: The Sims

41: A Link to the Past

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

#45 Guessed by Jpcc86: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

#44 Guessed by forest-spirit: Valkyria Chronicles 4

#43 Guessed by S.Peelman: Zelda Twilight Princess

a) Very classical game, often copied and sequeled.

b) You can kill yourself with your own attack, if you're not careful.

a) Conclusion of a trilogy that adapts a classical IP with newer technology.

42.  I doubt you have Super Mario on your list.  I'm going to guess DOOM.

Nope. And I already had a mario. Mario+Rabbids.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Unguessed

Star Wars Rebel Assault II was my first introduction to Star Wars. This was a time when games featured live-action cutscenes and LucasArts was great at those. The game begins with a shot with Darth Vader on his Super Star Destroyer. This sold me on Star Wars. The game itself is a rail shooter, with a surprising amount of variety. There are third person shooting levels using a cover-and-shoot mechanic, third person avoid-the-obstacles flying levels, first person shoot-the-incoming-fighters levels and even a first person shooter level. Due to it's short nature, 13 bite sized levels, I have seen the credits roll for this game as much as I have Star Fox 64. It's fast paced nature and the cutscenes make for great replayability though.

So I’m not at home and I don’t have my list with me but I think I know my own #45;

#45: In Europe the name of this game references a mytholical creature, while in the US the name is just diabolical.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 17 November 2019

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

44 is correct!

41 not correct.

43: Adventure?

42: The Sims

41: A Link to the Past

You're too fast. As I read the hints you've already written what I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

S.Peelman said:
So I’m not at home and I don’t have my list with me but I think I know my own #45;

I open my PM to mZuzek to verify my list.